TheEngineer - Grow Journal #1

Perhaps I misread..... Are the 2 plants being used for this test from seed or clone?

All of the plants look healthy and happy. I'm gunna tag along to see the end result.

the two Jacks are from seed, and both autos on a 12/12 lighting run. the only difference between them at this point is 7 days under the P450

I am only running the HPS for another week as a P300 arrived this afternoon, and is getting setup very soon, but I am convinced already, I've seen the difference a few days can make :Namaste:

OK, I've swapped out the HPS and just put both the Jacks under the P300 on their own under 18/6 schedule

I'll report back next Wednesday with pics on how they develop, in particular, the HPS one

the Sour Diesel, Amnesia Haze, Barney's and the Original Sour Diesel are all under the P450 running 12/12 lighting in the tent upstairs :Namaste:

it wasn't just the costs, bro, it was the heat, too - I set it up in my study, and I work from home, so it was getting a little uncomfortable.

if I had a second tent, I'd love to run a side by side comparison.

in fact, I'd be willing to run the LED side of a comparitive test, end to end, if someone could run the HPS side. we'd need to agree on nutes, pot size and schedules etc, but it would be fun, and interesting to see the outcomes :peace:

it wasn't just the costs, bro, it was the heat, too - I set it up in my study, and I work from home, so it was getting a little uncomfortable.

if I had a second tent, I'd love to run a side by side comparison.

in fact, I'd be willing to run the LED side of a comparitive test, end to end, if someone could run the HPS side. we'd need to agree on nutes, pot size and schedules etc, but it would be fun, and interesting to see the outcomes :peace:

I understand that mate. I would love to run a side-by-side with you but just haven't got a spare tent at the moment. Maybe in the future if it hasn't been done.

Just my two cents....

I would think you would only be wasting your time...LOL.

With most HPS guys switching I would think that's proof alone.

But if your like me and need to see it for myself then do the side by side just for that cause. I would have to do both in MY lab so I can control both grows. Not that I don't trust my friends but this way I can rule out any mistakes. And if (when...LOL) I did make mistakes then it would be my fault and hopefully the same mistake on both plants.

Maybe schedule it for your next grow.

I come watch the show....

Actuaaaaalllyyy..

We have a 420 member that just purchased a P450 from us that is planning on doing a direct, controlled, clone vs clone test vs a 600w HPS. Nothing sponsored in any way.. he's genuinely wanting to do a good side by side which we can't wait to see.

I believe he said that he would be ready to go in another few weeks.. so it's coming.

:peace:

Actuaaaaalllyyy..

We have a 420 member that just purchased a P450 from us that is planning on doing a direct, controlled, clone vs clone test vs a 600w HPS. Nothing sponsored in any way.. he's genuinely wanting to do a good side by side which we can't wait to see.

I believe he said that he would be ready to go in another few weeks.. so it's coming.

:peace:

Oh yea, I'm in for that. Someone make sure he sends out the invitations...

so, following on from last Tuesday's HPS end of days post, here is the same plant again, 7 days later

DSC01718zoom.jpg

DSC017235.JPG

DSC017198.JPG

DSC017205.JPG

and the one that's been under the LED for 2 weeks now is clearly way a head, although the exact same age as above

DSC017217.JPG

even the side branches are getting fat

DSC017246.JPG

I'm colour blind, so I can't be sure, but it looks like there might be a little bleaching going on with them both, which isn't a surprise as the P300 is 9 inches above the taller one and 12 inches above the shorter plant. no leaf curling or stress, though, so unless it worsens, they can stay there :peace:

DSC017227.JPG

they're just a pair of autos I'm running on 18/12 to get some stock, the real fun is going on upstairs in the P450 tent

I'll get pics of them up tomorrow, they're looking rather frosty, certainly way more so than anything I've grown before, the individual trichs are visible with the naked eye, they look like they could be scraped off with a knife and snorted :peace:

Back
Top Bottom