TheEngineer - Grow Journal #1

no bugs, and the spots can be seen starting to come through on the inside - could it be normal yellowing beginning? it's in it's 9th week of flowering?

iPhone 4s ftw

IMG_33553.JPG

IMG_33473.JPG

hey dude, I'm organic, so no salts to build up. it's an Amnesia Haze with a 12 week flowering period, so another 4 to go almost.

I can't find anything on the deficiencies chart that looks like it.

I thought nutrient issues started in the tips? It is only on a couple of the larger, older leaves; I'll take pics tomorrow to chart progress..

The Bhutanese sits with the other 25+ beans I have, I have a habit of impulse buying them, so now I have the next years worth of seeds to work through :)

and yeah, femaleseeds lemon kush, I have had them for a while, have grown a few of them, and I am now trialling a 12/12 from seed run under the new lights, as the previous run under HPS want what I hope it would be.

I have heard of the 11/13 lighting schedule; what is the reasoning behind it?

lets start our white bhutanese together :) I will Start mid/end jan. with them ...

i just read 11/13 would be "better" than 12/12 since the plant thinks its in the later stage and produces more resin ..

no bugs, and the spots can be seen starting to come through on the inside - could it be normal yellowing beginning? it's in it's 9th week of flowering?

iPhone 4s ftw

IMG_33553.JPG

IMG_33473.JPG

bump

it is definitely not bugs, and I can't help but wonder is it a cal/mag thing as I recently started giving them 1ml per litre of Humbholt's Equilibrium, an organic cal/mag supplement - any thoughts?

I'm going to stop giving this for a bit and see how it affects this, but any input along the way as to the potential cause would be most welcome..

Ok! i will germ at 18/01/15 - but 3 weeks is to short. :) i want veg to be at least 6 weeks long. (you know, have just one tent and the bhutanese, blue dream, malawi and the arjans ultra haze #2)

and i had the same thing on the leaves at the beginning. it disappeared after giving cal/mag.

I've spotted a spotting on some of the Amnesia's leaves. I'm colour blind and therefore not the best at determining colour based issues, so if one of you kind gents would assist, there will be reps ;)

leaf4.png

Your leaf damage appears to be from a calcium deficiency. I would increase the amount of calcium and magnesium you are feeding your plant.

You want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

Here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

Here is a cannabis leaf deficiency chart

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies31.jpg

here is the Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver and the Plant Abuse Chart

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver: Pictorial

Plant Abuse Chart

thanks all. I was leaning towards cal/mag, but as I had been giving them all 1ml per litre of Humbholts Equilibrium for the past week I was thinking it might be a cal/mag overdose.

PH is 6.4 btw

however, it sounds like I need to up the dose on the Amnesia Haze and will give it 2ml for the next two feeds to see how it takes to it.

thanks again all, and reps :peace:

Ok! i will germ at 18/01/15 - but 3 weeks is to short. :) i want veg to be at least 6 weeks long. (you know, have just one tent and the bhutanese, blue dream, malawi and the arjans ultra haze #2)

OK, this will be an interesting comparison to see what difference there is between 3 and 6 weeks veg

let's try to keep as many variables common as possible - I am planning for an 11.5 litre pot and will be an all organic soil grow :peace:

OK, this will be an interesting comparison to see what difference there is between 3 and 6 weeks veg

let's try to keep as many variables common as possible - I am planning for an 11.5 litre pot and will be an all organic soil grow :peace:

30l AirPot or 22l Smartpot, not sure yet. But i will use the same nutes as in my current grow - Canna Bio Series - Canna Bio Vega and Canna Bio Flores. Additional Stuff is Bio Rhizotonic and Bio Boost. :)

I want to get the best out of that bhutanese, we may do another strain in comparison :)

thanks all. I was leaning towards cal/mag, but as I had been giving them all 1ml per litre of Humbholts Equilibrium for the past week I was thinking it might be a cal/mag overdose.

PH is 6.4 btw

however, it sounds like I need to up the dose on the Amnesia Haze and will give it 2ml for the next two feeds to see how it takes to it.

thanks again all, and reps :peace:

Hell you don't need my input, the usual suspects are present and spot on IMO.

I was gonna lead with this statement....In my line of work I always says "Eliminate what you know and deal with what you don't". Same principle applies in our day to day. Rule out what it's not.

My brand of cal/mag is GH's "CALiMAGic" and it calls for 5ml per gallon. Since I'm at a 80% nutrient strength I've only been measuring a 5 gal mix in a 6 gallon res.

I like Med's suggestion of removing the effected leaf's and checking new growth for signs. Especially the new growth suggestion. New growth and the absences of those spots means the plant is already taking care of itself.

Up your cal/mag supplement and watch the new growth for any further issues. Since my gurl is so close to the LED I may up her cal/mag as well.

The suggestion I would make is never over think it and never, never over react.

"Eliminate what you know and deal with what you don't"

Back
Top Bottom