Think I may have a nutrient lockup PH issue maybe?

BWC and Cali....It's good to see a nice debate but let's not let it get heated, ok? I have seen you both post valuable information. I can't really put any input in on this because though I have FF nutes, I have never used them for a complete grow. I did notice with my grow, not taking sides, that when using the recommended amount, I ended up with a bit of nute burn. But it was also my first grow, so I had a lot of issues due to certain factors.

I don't neccesarily see anything wrong with someone sharing their opinion on what may or may not have worked for them. You never know, it could still help someone. I always take into consideration the information someone offers me. So far everything that has been shared with me has been on point. I don't think anyone here maliciously gives bad information. Sorry to go on a mini rant..
Ur good on the rant as far as I'm concerned. As for Cali, i have no issue him. I took no offense to anything he said. We're all entitled to our opinions on open forum. Personally, I just wanted to make sure that Xearoveg was getting the best help he could. If I believe something to be inaccurate, I'm pointing it out. That doesn't mean I'm always right or above correction. More post of mine u read u should see a pattern Queen.

Nice pics fish cake.

Xearoveg, how are things looking?

Ur good on the rant as far as I'm concerned. As for Cali, i have no issue him. I took no offense to anything he said. We're all entitled to our opinions on open forum. Personally, I just wanted to make sure that Xearoveg was getting the best help he could. If I believe something to be inaccurate, I'm pointing it out. That doesn't mean I'm always right or above correction. More post of mine u read u should see a pattern Queen.

Likewise & seconded 150%, no worries here... :) Seriously tho, all debating aside, is it just me or has BB been completely watered down over the past 5 years or so? I remember back in the day I'd pick up a bottle, crack it open, and it was THICK, dark and wreaked to high heaven. Nowadays it's like the skim milk version, if that. That's MY rant, and I'm done for now... :roorrip:

I did say a debate, my only concern was that it didn't get heated. I didn't say it did get heated for the record. Because I showed concern, I was told I am trying to be moderator or win a contest. And maybe BWC you should check out my posts sometimes, if you did you would see I get along with everyone. I am not out to brown nose or win brownie points for contests. I am here because this is a forum without drama and plenty of information. Though I may not be as wise as most here, I do believe that I have knowledge that is worth being shared. I don't see anything wrong with being concerned about fellow forum members. But I will do one even better and leave this thread to you both. There is enough threads where I can help those who need it. Dueces.

It's okay guys! Thanks for the support and trying so hard to help me out here! I'll post some more pics later tonight and some of my pics from my last grow (outdoor) they looked so nice!

Yeah things are looking real well. Weight is for sure being added as I can see the stress on the limbs and main stem too. The resins seem like they have nearly doubled for sure! Their looking good.

So my soil ph test kit is showing me around 6.0. So should I put my water and nutrients at around 7.5 with ph up to try and bring up the soil ph? Is that too high? What's a good # here?

Thanks! It was last years outdoor so around this time last year till normal outdoor harvest time or so. I don't have the dates haha sorry. Yeah I'm a sucker for these great purple strains! I might try a grandaddy purp grow after this outdoor grow of Afghan Kush!

Hi Guys Xearoveg and BWC BayArea

I think Queen is just feeling uncomfortable that you are using her journal to discuss this on and on. Wouldn't be better to take this lengthy discussion to your journal instead? Just my 2 cents.

There also is much information in the how to go section. She has the right to run her own journal..just saying. :thumb:

Things are goin great! They are responding to the first application of the correct amounts of ALL the nutrients they need from foxfarms and corrected ph... It's amazing what their doing in less than 24 hours it's definitely an improvement over any nute application I've given them so far. I want to test to see how far up I pulled the ph in the soils but I only bought a 10 pack of testers so I'll wait a bit longer!

I've also started experimenting with FIM cuts as I have been topping for a while now and feel like I can handle it, also might start doing some tie downs to promote new tops to start growing up and keep things more even for my vegging plants that are going outdoors soon.

The only problem I have is that the wind is too brutal for them outside. I don't have an extra fan inside to blow on them so the only way I can give them some wind and strengthen them up is by putting them outside for a bit. But they tend to blow basically all the way to one side with the plant practically unrooting itself and laying on its side. I was able to push the soil down a bit and get them to stand up straight again by themselves but I'll be a lot more careful about how long I let them stay outside now. need another fan :/

From my own reading, It looks like Ph 6 - 6.5 Soil and water is about what you want. I noticed that after adding Fox Farms Tiger Bloom, I had to re-Ph my water before watering. Powerfull medicine.

Let It Rest My Friend

Hi Guys Xearoveg and BWC BayArea

I think Queen is just feeling uncomfortable that you are using her journal to discuss this on and on. Wouldn't be better to take this lengthy discussion to your journal instead? Just my 2 cents.

There also is much information in the how to go section. She has the right to run her own journal..just saying. :thumb:
Read post #1 and re read what is quoted above. Also that issue was never an issue between the 2 people who were communicating amongst each other. If u have an issue with somethin I said to someone else, its ur issue my friend. Don't take this as a personal attack. I'm tired of reading posts about dead issues that don't and didn't involve the posters. Please let it rest.

Sounds right, everything I've read (on soil-based cannabis specifically) is in the 6.3-6.8 range, just mildly acidic, hydro and aero seem to vary from that a little. Out of 10 strains growing here, most all of them seem to respond well when I pH the nutes until the test solution (GH test drops) is a pale yellow, NO orange and not quite to the pale yellow/green (neutral area). I really hope to get a digital meter soon...

No matter what the medium or setup is, if the plants aren't happy with the pH level, you'll usually know within 1-2 days. Just keep a close eye on them until you've figured out what they prefer.

Back
Top Bottom