This look hermed out?

kentboy1296

I have i question, does this plant look hermed out? The calyxs are super swollen. I put sooo much effort into this one.
20200720_073655.jpg

The past 3 plants i grew in this tent hermed out and idk why. I disinfect and vacuum tent after each use and the tent is blacked out and the room the tent is in is blacked out. The plant had NO issues or stressors throughout the grow.

Can i get some help?

You just showed a small part of the plant, but I don't see any staminate (aka "male") flowers.

Plant does look kind of skimpy. Are you a little lacking in the lighting department? Was it flowered as soon as it was physically capable of doing so? Is this a characteristic of the strain? Something else? Or is it a beast of a plant, and I cannot discern that because I'm only able to look at one tiny part of it, lol?

I am also seeing single-bladed leaves. Or I think I am. Those can be a sign of significant stress. Screwy light schedule (or light-leak, or something in the grow space producing some) would be one possibility. A nutrition issue, perhaps pH-related, might be another. The former is more likely to cause it than the latter.

Sh!try genetics can mean hermaphrodites, IOW, can be a genetic trait. If that's the case, you can have perfect setup, environmental conditions, nutrition, and lighting - and still see it.

However, three different strains makes that unlikely to be the case. "Primadonna" strains that don't suffer stress well is slightly more likely. That assumes some kind of ongoing stressors in your setup or actions, of course.

It's not terribly uncommon for female cannabis plants that are flowered "to the end" to produce a few staminate flowers. That's an evolved trait that gives one that has not been pollinated to "self" and produce seeds. Their "goals" (purpose in life) are not our goals; their purpose is to produce the next generation. More likely than the above. But that plant doesn't look like it is in the final stages of flowering.

Pollination by another plant... Happens more often than we think, either from a female that produces some staminate flowers (not necessarily one in the same grow space) or a male. You'd have to be the one to determine the likelihood of that.

Now... Swollen calyxes do not necessarily mean seeds. And, from the looks of those pistils, they've not been pollinated (unless it was very recently), IMHO.

Ok so im only growing 1 plant in the whole house, this plant is in a 3.5 gal air pot.5ft by 5ft tent 4in intake 6in exaust ac room, the room is blacked out too. The humidity sits a little high, in the low 60% (during flower) 50% during veg. Been using the spiderfarmer sf-4000 sens the beginning of this grow, it draws 450 from wall ( i have a 2ft by 4ft by 4ft tent not in use) its Panama red 100% sativa (cant mention seller) i germinated via paper towel method, then straight into coco. Vegged it for roughly 3 months. Im 39 days into flower of a 10 to 12 week cycle The nutrients im using is megacrop and calimagic (i added the calimagic wen it started showing signs it needed it, then cleared right up) no real issues during veg. Im up to a little over 7 grams a gal of mc with 1.5 mls of calimagic per gal, phd to 5.8 it always rises, but never 6.4 i have an auto water system feeding 4 times in 24 hours (plant is still in 3.5 gal air pot, could that be an issue?) No straight edged leafs, they all are serrated ( some are really fine, but they are) Everything is nice n green
20200721_092711.jpg
20200721_092719.jpg
20200721_092838.jpg

20200721_092841.jpg
20200721_092744.jpg

I have grown about 6 grows and the last 3 hermed (all different strains) After each grow, i go over the tent with a vacuum hose and use disinfectant spray

If i can think of any other info, i will post it

May have some trouble later in flower with them getting top heavy, might be a challenge staking them up if that the case. Panama Red I grew last year was a took forever heavy Sativa :rofl: , mine was from the breeder Coastal and supposed to have been bred for cbd content (not sure if yours different breeder, you can say breeder if not a non sponsor seed bank, and also a difference of mentioning something for reference and plugging a company but I don't make those decisions so don't want to steer you wrong). Mine tried to break off itself, I caught it late and had to help them grow sideways tied up with pinched stems from them falling over.

That was near the end, there are more pics from various stages in the last link in my Sig in my Plant and Bud thread, since it was last year be a few pages back my guess, also had an Acapulco Gold that hermied on me grown at same time and that one would have gone months longer if I had bothered to finish it out as it wasn't even close when I harvested the Red. Lots of seeds in the Gold but it didn't do anything to either plant next to it (Red and had a Black creation of my own same time going).

Panama Red I grew last year was a took forever heavy Sativa :rofl:

:thumb:.

and also a difference of mentioning something for reference and plugging a company

Yeah. You're not going to be able to advertise/shill for a non-sponsor. If a sponsor sells the same kind of product (in this case, strain, I suppose), then you should probably make sure that you need the non-sponsor's webpage for reference / to illustrate an important point before linking to it. And I haven't checked the last part of that against the updated forum guidelines (so they could - possibly - be more restrictive), just used the generic "courtesy to a business that helps keep the forum in operation and free for all of us to use" thing.

but I don't make those decisions so don't want to steer you wrong

Neither do I. When in doubt, read the forum guidelines/rules (<==LINK==). If still in doubt, contact one of the staff members to ask for clarification. Members don't get banned for making a well-intentioned mistake, or for requesting help from the ones in the back room.

That was a nice-looking plant. I vaguely remember you growing it, but do not recall the specifics. What was your lighting situation like? The OP appears to have decent lighting in regard to type, but at 450 watts over 25 square feet, it only works out to 18 watts per square foot. Which seems low to me, especially for a sativa. that originated in the Tropics. (IMHO, of course.) EDIT: A 12-week vegetative/growth phase, for a tropical sativa, would fill most non-commercial indoor garden spaces, IMHO, so the fact that this one has should not automatically be taken as proof of a light's prowess.

:thumb:.

That was a nice-looking plant. I vaguely remember you growing it, but do not recall the specifics. What was your lighting situation like? The OP appears to have decent lighting in regard to type, but at 450 watts over 25 square feet, it only works out to 18 watts per square foot. Which seems low to me, especially for a sativa. that originated in the Tropics. (IMHO, of course.) EDIT: A 12-week vegetative/growth phase, for a tropical sativa, would fill most non-commercial indoor garden spaces, IMHO, so the fact that this one has should not automatically be taken as proof of a light's prowess.

Had to go back thru that thread of mine as getting old and CRS has set in ;) :rofl: , page 3 post #52 in last link in Sig....what I thought I had vegged under my old El Cheapo Blurple lights and moved up in the world as another El Cheapo in my cabinet burnt out half the light. So was started under Blurple and then moved up to a Mars SP 250 when I switched to Flower and about 4 weeks or so later ended up with 2nd SP 250 to cover that footprint better (I use about a 3' x 5' footprint or so of my shed, usually 3 or 4 plants depending on Males/hermies/etc...).

Had to go back thru that thread of mine as getting old and CRS has set in ;) :rofl: , page 3 post #52 in last link in Sig....what I thought I had vegged under my old El Cheapo Blurple lights and moved up in the world as another El Cheapo in my cabinet burnt out half the light. So was started under Blurple and then moved up to a Mars SP 250 when I switched to Flower and about 4 weeks or so later ended up with 2nd SP 250 to cover that footprint better (I use about a 3' x 5' footprint or so of my shed, usually 3 or 4 plants depending on Males/hermies/etc...).

Nearly twice the light (per unit of area), then.Yeah, I'd expect your plant to yield better buds. Maybe not more grams per watt, though. But better bud density and less larf. Not necessarily a show-stopper. Bud could still have some potency.

And not necessarily the cause of the single-bladed leaves I think I see. OP, are you sure your tent is 100% light-tight? None leaking in via vents/ports/zipper/seams? Timer not wonky? No devices in tent with LED power/etc. indicators? No messed-up wiring between (or in) fuse/circuit box and electrical outlets in grow space (specifically, no reversal of hot/neutral wire, or of one of those and the ground wire) allowing some voltage to "leak in" to an LED light, which causes some of them to stay on, albeit dimly, even when timer is in "off time."

On the other hand, some strains seem to have a tendency to produce them while in flower (especially when not receiving sufficient light, lol).

Thanks for the replys everyone. Just put a lot of work into her lol, and would hate for a herm. I cant mention the seller (not sponsored) they are out of California and Canada. They are great breeders, been around for a WHILE and i have always had GREAT success with the breeder and everything i ordered was very stable genetics and grew exactly how it was supposed to. I wish i could mention the breeder.

I think im just paranoid about the herming

If it's a certain seller that is sometimes referred to as "Crap King," I wouldn't mention it, either. That bipolar b!tch that was doing their customer deflection support a few years ago really p!ssed a lot of US citizens off, because she seemed to hate everyone who lives in this country. The "stealth" reshipper they were using at the time must have been mentally retarded, lazy, or both. They didn't produce their own seeds, they bought them wholesale from a few breeders and wouldn't specify which strains came from who. Did I miss anything? Oh, yeah, the two packs of contaminated seeds I received. Bastards.

Other than that, mentioning a non-sponsoring seedbank is probably a murky area. I wouldn't post a link to their website. And with some of our sponsors being multi-breeder seed sellers, a person could probably (I haven't checked, but it's pretty likely) find a version of a Panama strain. Whether it would legitimately be considered "the same product" (and, therefore, in competition with a sponsor's product), I couldn't say.

But probably - so your reticence in regards to mentioning the breeder's (or seller's) name is perfectly understandable. Besides, I haven't really seen anything in the thread that would require that information. If one of us ends up asking you a question, and the answer can be found on that company's website - such as estimated flowering period length - you could always just find that information and post it here, yourself. So, yeah, you're good. Thank you for trying to follow the forum guidelines.

Its not crap king (lol i like that) and the only reason im hesitant is because i made a thread with the breeders name in it and i got a msg from 420 saying they deleted it and i cant do that. I will try to make it obvious without saying who it is... "G@owers cho^ce"

Hopefully i dont get in trouble lol

Back
Top Bottom