Tnoldons Indoor Lemon Skunk Grow (Poor Man's Grow)

Ok here are some pictures from this morning. The lemon skunk is doing good although I think the yellowing is now spreading to the second set of leaves? The tips are turning light green so I'll have to keep an eye out for anything funny. Also maybe this new lemon skunk is just weird looking but none of my other plants have looked like this as seedlings and most of them their leaves were much much bigger. She is under great lighting has the proper water so maybe she is a dud who knows. The white widow will be up next so look for her this coming weekend.

Lemon Skunk:
3666.jpg

11082.jpg

new Lemon Skunk:
2790.jpg

Haha thats awesome! thanks yeah it was very different looking then all my rest. its been 3 days though and the leaves haven't spread out much is that normal?

haha also the steam on the new seedling is almost as round as the tooth pick beside it and its thicker then the older lemon skunk.

Will do Smokey! can't wait to see how this turns out. It will be the first grow under proper lighting, heat, proper PH levels and the right type of soil FFOC. I'm excited to start this white widow its the one I've been waiting for hoping she gets nice and big!

Yes there is a fan on medium in the background its just not in the pictures. Im am going to get FoxFarm big bloom and hoping this will help them along but I will wait to feed them. Im not sure how to measure out the nutes though? What type of nutes have you been using UglyMuppet? and thanks for the compliment :)

i am using Fox Farms Grow big, big bloom, tiger bloom, Hydrogin peroxide and then liquid karma from botanicare. but i am growing in a aero/DWC hydro unit. not soil. i use a shot glass with measurements on it... got it from Williams-Sonoma . they have them at my local hydro shop but William Sonoma had them for about 1/3 the $$$.

Thanks! I will use that advice and start with the Grow Big. Is the Big Bloom the same thing? I know one of those is all organic. Can they both be used on a plant over 2 weeks old?

Ok so news update! I just bought a new hydroponics system in which I put my new seedling in. I've never used one before so I hope it goes well. The seedling is right above the water and bubbles so only the bottom should get wet. Its in about 3 gallons of water with 1 teaspoon on Big Bloom.Also I moved the lights down and warped the whole are in a white panda film. I also planted the white widow she hasn't shown up yet but she is planted in FFOC

Seedling, also the little leaves are a dark dark green almost black anyone know what this is?
11083.jpg

New set up with hydroponics system:
DSC_2073.JPG

Lemon Skunk:
DSC_2075.JPG

DSC_2079.JPG

don't freak out with every little change... they will pull through... i would set the lights on a timer to allow for 20 hours of light on and 4 off and pull the lights up a little bit. they will dry out with the lights too close. cut the top half of a 2 litter soda bottle and use that as a mini green house to keep the humidity up a little. mist the plants a little every day. do not add nutes!!!! they do not need them for at least another week or two.

Listen to everything UglyMuppet said. Good advice there.

And Lemon skunk definitely looks to be past whatever spell she was dealing with. Just keep moving forward and don't get discouraged. Things will get much easier with the experiences you are going through now under your belt.

Thanks for the advice guys! it was a DIY bubble bucket cost about $30 I'm new to hydro growing so I'm not sure if i did the set up right. Its about 3 gallons of water an 1/4 teaspoon of Big Bloom The PH is hard to get down with that much water it was at 8 i got it down to 6.8, I kept adding PhDOWN to it and it hasn't made a difference?

Question with the hydro system. I have the water level barley touching the rockwool is that how it should be? Or should the rockwool be up higher then that? As far as the lemon skunk she looks good but the tips of her leaves are turning brown : ( thats why I'm afraid whatever was happening hasn't stopped but just slowed down.

I've defiantly learned a lot so far from my mistakes but I'm still learning and hoping one day to get a successful grow :)

the plants just needs a little water every day. use a spray bottle to mist the plants and wet the rockwool. also, your hydroton will wick up water to your plant. get them under a dome of some kind so they do not dry out. they will be fine. just remember NO NUTES!!!!

your PH should be down between 5 and 6. check it before you add nutes then after you add nutes. some nutes will not dissolve very well in high PH water and settle to the bottom of your bucket. but then again... you should not have any nutes in the bucket yet..... did you raise the lights yet???

Yeah I think the lights were to close to the seedling its leaves turned black looks like they were burnt so I moved the light up. Also sadly when planting my White Widow I must have pushed it out of the dirt when I buried it and I saw it and the root had shrunk. Is it to late to re plant it?

Alright I'll do just that and see what happens :) I'll post pics of the hydro set up tomorrow along with the Lemon Skunk. Since the lemon skunk is over 30 days old but severely stunted should I be giving her nuets? Is that why she is yellowing because I haven't given her nutes? She is in MG time release soil is the reason I layed off thenutes.

Back
Top Bottom