To trim or not to trim

Mrmonchichi

420 Member

Hey guys. Just wondering if I should trim off the lower branches of the big girl here.

OMG I struggle with this! I have a bunch of popcorn popping down low that I can't bring myself to chop. I'm quite confident I should and I'm sure it's slowing my tops and hurting yield but they are so damn cute! I'll be interested to hear what the big pot brains have to say on this one too @Mrmonchichi

I would not take any branches of a plant outdoor. It's outdoor, right? The lower branches will get plenty of light and should get loads of buds in the end. I'd rather remove some of the large fan leaves that shade bud sites.

I would not take any branches of a plant outdoor. It's outdoor, right? The lower branches will get plenty of light and should get loads of buds in the end. I'd rather remove some of the large fan leaves that shade bud sites.
Thanks - it’s actually an indoor plant.so I definitely feel that some of the lower branches are suffering - here is a pic of the top plant today
9D5C9622-3B72-4D13-88EF-330B38112E79.jpeg
500B49CF-B552-4C96-B31D-C46769026485.jpeg

Attachments

• 1EF6DAB0-2A19-4568-AEA1-76B81961CCAC.jpeg
    1EF6DAB0-2A19-4568-AEA1-76B81961CCAC.jpeg
    527.5 KB · Views: 105
Not sure if you are using added nutrients, but my concern would be the smallish pot and lack of nutrients for the plant in flower. Cutting off some lower branches would conserve/redirect nutrients to the top flowers. In a perfect world you would have made this pruning during veg, but the plant will be fine either way.

EE6FFBCD-44EA-458D-BCC5-68C872DCF966.jpeg

Hey guys. Just wondering if I should trim off the lower branches of the big girl here.
Is it permanently outdoors? Only reason i ask is cos i get mine outside just for watering and pics. Anyway if its an outdoor plant i wouldnt worry so much about getting lowers taken off unless they are like submerged in foliage like deep inside the plant... does that make sense :hmmmm:. But yer if you are indoors then you have to worry about buds being to far from the light but the sun dont give a shit how far away the bud is lol. Here you just need to focus on what is submerged.

Is it permanently outdoors? Only reason i ask is cos i get mine outside just for watering and pics. Anyway if its an outdoor plant i wouldnt worry so much about getting lowers taken off unless they are like submerged in foliage like deep inside the plant... does that make sense :hmmmm:. But yer if you are indoors then you have to worry about buds being to far from the light but the sun dont give a shit how far away the bud is lol. Here you just need to focus on what is submerged.
Nope just outside for watering and pics also

Not sure if you are using added nutrients, but my concern would be the smallish pot and lack of nutrients for the plant in flower. Cutting off some lower branches would conserve/redirect nutrients to the top flowers. In a perfect world you would have made this pruning during veg, but the plant will be fine either way.
Thanks for advice. Am using nutrients since flowering began. Repotted
I'm scared to take mine outside, I don't want to risk getting any sort of bugs.
dont have them outside for long and where I live there is not a lot of bugs to be honest. Check all the foliage regularly to make sure all the same

Ah fair enough. Then yes id take some lower shit away if you're confident it aint getting enough light cuz. At this point maybe supercropping that top so its lower would be a better option. Less stress and you can drop the light to plump up some of that bottom ish.

Ok - total newbie here - what’s supercropping ?? And dropping the light sounds good....
Thankfully my boy @InTheShed has done a wonderful tutorial on the subject ;) hit the link cuz.

Thankfully my boy @InTheShed has done a wonderful tutorial on the subject ;) hit the link cuz.
Getting close now. Smell off plant in last picture is unreal. Makes my mouth water

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    515.8 KB · Views: 121
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    537.7 KB · Views: 110
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    451.9 KB · Views: 121
Back
Top Bottom