Trichtones First Grow | XJ-13 and PK | 600W LED

Re: Trichtones First Grow | XJ-13 and PK | 600W GLH LED

I think you'll be fine but that's just me. .V.

i never have that until mid flowering, but i think you will be fine as long as the plant looks good and all the other growth is health, its just only a few of them right?

Thanks guys! Here is a pic of what I am talking about. Only 2 leaves having issues. The rest seem to be doing just fine. I noticed this same thing on one of the PK's. I will keep an eye on them just incase I start to see more die off.

:blunt:

xj-2-d19-fan.jpg

Ok...so I have more DWC issues. I have 2 buckets that have sprung leaks. I have finally figured out why I am just now getting leaks. When making the buckets i thought i was being smart by very slightly under drilling the holes for the ball valves. Well that was a mistake. Over time the cheap Home Depot buckets start to crack from the pressure of the too small hole. Then a leak starts. I have a feeling I am just seeing the begin of my leaks. After this grow I will have to repair all of the buckets. I will upgrade to larger bulkhead fittings. Word of warning for anyone making this type of DWC system. Don't under drill the hole. Chalk this one up to lesson learned :tokin:

Update time. Day 19 of veg!

Since i was making bucket repairs I thought i would get some shots of the ladies undersides :Rasta:

Purple Kush #2 Day 19
pk-2-D19.jpg

Purple Kush #2 Day 19 Measurement - So is 9" about average for Day 19 of Veg? The Purple Kushes are a super dense. It is a freaking jungle in there. :smokin:
pk-2-d19-meas.jpg

Purple Kush #2 Day 19 Roots
pk-2-d19-root.jpg

XJ-13 #2 Day 19
xj-2-d19.jpg

XJ-13 #2 Day 19 Measurement - The XJ-13 #2 is around 11" tall. It is less dense than the PK's but is bushier in volume.
xj-2-d19-meas.jpg

XJ-13 #2 Day 19 Roots
xj-2-d19-root.jpg

:peacetwo:

I have never grown out that strain, and everything in this game is strain specific so it's hard to say if your height is average or not. What I can say however is your plants look healthy and green but probably more important the roots look healthy and white...and substantial. You're doing a first rate job so far, keep up the good work and enjoy the ride. Don't sweat those lower leaves, to me that's just a part of the natural process. I haven't had a plant that didn't shed some unneeded older growth.:goodjob: .V.

Alohas Trichtone

Hopped on from Irishboy's thread and thought I'd spectate your grow. I just need to go back and read the 1st 10 pgs. Thought I'd just intro myself and say how much I dig these lights!

300w X 2 = WOW! :smokin:

Done!

1st, hats off to rookie grow cabinet. The facility looks sterile, maintenance friendly and not rookie at all! :goodjob:

I have zero indoor experience (outside guerilla only) so spectatings my forte. I am recently LED baptised so I'm paying attention too.

Seems Setting Sun has seen my style when he mentioned the popcorn bud tide you over tip. Must be patient is easier said than done when the ladies start teasing us with their come hither aromas.

I concur with your review of Papa Green's scrog and I too will cockaroach that one.

And since KISS is good enough for the ARMY (Hoo-Ya) and it's endorsed by Irishboy, I can't see making things tougher by ignoring great advice.

Your doing a fine job and hopefully the wrinkles get ironed out. As for reaching your noise tolerance level maybe consider a radio constantly on for soft background noise to avoid the "whys the fan running in your cabinet?".

So + rep if possible for your pre-planning and execution of your 1st grow! :peace:

sorry to hear about the buckets. I thought about drilling my own holes for a drain system but I think Im going to just pump out the water. Let them get a air bath for a few in an empty bucket. Looking great though.

I have never grown out that strain, and everything in this game is strain specific so it's hard to say if your height is average or not. What I can say however is your plants look healthy and green but probably more important the roots look healthy and white...and substantial. You're doing a first rate job so far, keep up the good work and enjoy the ride. Don't sweat those lower leaves, to me that's just a part of the natural process. I haven't had a plant that didn't shed some unneeded older growth.:goodjob: .V.

Thanks Vipers for putting my mind at ease. The ladies look healthy, so I will use that as my first indicator :Rasta:

Alohas Trichtone

Hopped on from Irishboy's thread and thought I'd spectate your grow. I just need to go back and read the 1st 10 pgs. Thought I'd just intro myself and say how much I dig these lights!

300w X 2 = WOW! :smokin:

Thanks for stopping by KX808! It is great to have another LEDer in the mix. :blunt:

Done!

1st, hats off to rookie grow cabinet. The facility looks sterile, maintenance friendly and not rookie at all! :goodjob:

I have zero indoor experience (outside guerilla only) so spectatings my forte. I am recently LED baptised so I'm paying attention too.

Seems Setting Sun has seen my style when he mentioned the popcorn bud tide you over tip. Must be patient is easier said than done when the ladies start teasing us with their come hither aromas.

I concur with your review of Papa Green's scrog and I too will cockaroach that one.

And since KISS is good enough for the ARMY (Hoo-Ya) and it's endorsed by Irishboy, I can't see making things tougher by ignoring great advice.

Your doing a fine job and hopefully the wrinkles get ironed out. As for reaching your noise tolerance level maybe consider a radio constantly on for soft background noise to avoid the "whys the fan running in your cabinet?".

So + rep if possible for your pre-planning and execution of your 1st grow! :peace:

I can't say enough for the folks you have mentioned! It really has helped a ton by having everyone looking in and giving advice. Hopefully I can start to pay it forward. I am getting more confidence everyday with the grow and learning what and what not to do. All I can say is that I am having a blast.

Hehe....I used the radio trick this week. It worked great!

:hookah:

sorry to hear about the buckets. I thought about drilling my own holes for a drain system but I think Im going to just pump out the water. Let them get a air bath for a few in an empty bucket. Looking great though.

I just got done rebuilding one of the plant buckets and not under drilling the hole worked great. No new leaks so far.

I bought a water transfer pump from Home Depot and it worked great. I flushed the plants today and it only took about 10 mins to drain 15 gallons from the system (had to start and stop waiting for the res bucket to restabilize after draining). The one thing you might think about is how to drain a plant bucket without sucking up the roots. I thought about putting the pump hose directly in the plant buckets, but the suction is pretty powerful and I was worried about sucking in some of the roots. In my system I drain through the res bucket and there is no impact to the roots.

:peacetwo:

Heya All. Just a quick update. I trimmed up the ladies today. I cut out all of the lower stuff and branches that won't support good bud growth. They seemed to have responded well. The XJ-13's are pretty straight forward to trim. The Purple Kushes are just thick dense bushes. Took a little while to get them trimmed.

Overall I think the ladies are doing good. I am at a point of deciding when to do the flip. I am thinking in maybe a week I will do the flip. I will post pics tomorrow (too tired tonight) of where they are at in veg.

:peace:

Ever since a locust gobbled a plant causing a serious "haircut", I've always did some pruning. Since visiting this site, I've added FIM and Lollipop to the techniques.

Looking forward to peeking at the trimmed ladies tomorow!

Ever since a locust gobbled a plant causing a serious "haircut", I've always did some pruning. Since visiting this site, I've added FIM and Lollipop to the techniques.

Looking forward to peeking at the trimmed ladies tomorow!

Haha...my wife calls it a haircut as well. I will upload some pics of Day 23 Veg tonight. The XJ-13's are pretty easy to trim. The Purple Kushes are crazy. I have cut a way a lot of undergrowth, but you can't tell it by just looking at it. These babies are thick!

:peace:

Hi All...question for ya. I have done a bit of reading on when to flip from veg to flower. But there seems to be a broad spectrum of opinions and I am unsure of the best way to determine the right time. From what I can gather most strains should be under veg for 4 - 6 weeks or until you start seeing alternate node patterns. I have just passed three weeks and I am already seeing alternate node patterns on the XJ-13's. Does that mean they are ready or will some strains do that early and still need veg time?

What is the criteria you all use to determine when to flip from Veg to Flower?

:bong:

Back
Top Bottom