Trimmed too much?

gazmufc

Hello folks, this strain is mazar at the end flower week 3..i gave her the last trimming on Monday, and im curious if u folks think ive over trimmed a bit? My reasoning for this is, she not drinking as much as she was, taking like 4 days for pot to get light were it used to be 2.. Also curious at this stage can u still remove pop corn bud sites futher down branches? Or will this damage ths plant during flower.. Thanks in advance folks

Attachments

• DSC_0357.JPG
    DSC_0357.JPG
    342.1 KB · Views: 106
  • DSC_0356.JPG
    DSC_0356.JPG
    302.7 KB · Views: 95
  • DSC_0361.JPG
    DSC_0361.JPG
    358 KB · Views: 116
  • DSC_0359.JPG
    DSC_0359.JPG
    322.7 KB · Views: 90
  • DSC_0360.JPG
    DSC_0360.JPG
    284.2 KB · Views: 110
You're fine, Brother! :goodjob:

Many growers defoliate at day #21 of 12/12 and do a HEAVY defoliation. You just opened up a little space. You can trim the lower 3rd, or so, of the plant just about any time, but, for those that defoliate, they usually clear up the "junk" at 21 days and then do a 2nd defoliation at 45 days.
:Namaste:

gazmufc, I was looking at your photos again, and the one picture I keep looking at was the overhead shot.
1549065165452.png
If you do some light trimming in the middle of your plant, more light can reach those inner buds, which should fill out even more :). Just a thought. :peace:

AzLaker
:cool:
Hey thanks for comment, yeah i hear ya.. I had to bend those two big branches over, smaller tops have shot up from those branches, i. Think its a good idea to remove some of them, cuz i wanna try get the bigger tops to bulk out a little, so removing some of them smaller tops in the middle should allow more light in and redirect that growth?

Hey thanks for comment, yeah i hear ya.. I had to bend those two big branches over, smaller tops have shot up from those branches, i. Think its a good idea to remove some of them, cuz i wanna try get the bigger tops to bulk out a little, so removing some of them smaller tops in the middle should allow more light in and redirect that growth?

No...No....No!!! I meant to take some bigger leaves, not BUDS in the middle, to let the light in. That will help fatten up the smaller buds hiding under the leaves.

AzLaker

No...No....No!!! I meant to take some bigger leaves, not BUDS in the middle, to let the light in. That will help fatten up the smaller buds hiding under the leaves.

AzLaker
OK I've given her another little trim first thing this morning, any big leaf that was shading bud site underneath got the clip!! Hope i didn't take to much lol what you think?

Attachments

• DSC_0369.JPG
    DSC_0369.JPG
    287.2 KB · Views: 82
  • DSC_0368.JPG
    DSC_0368.JPG
    277.9 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC_0370.JPG
    DSC_0370.JPG
    251.5 KB · Views: 68
That looks really nice....you didn't chop off to much, just enough to let more light in.:goodjob:

AzLaker
Thanks for the tips pal, she looks bit more frosty this morning, have about 10-15% cloudy trics.. When would u start to flush?

Well, your only at the end of week three. Mazar should go at least 8 weeks, so you have at least two more weeks before you start flushing (soil about 10-14 days). If you got a 30x microscope and it sounds like you might, keep looking, then you decide when to cut her down. Just don't rush her.....just like drying and curing, but that's another subject.:p

AzLaker

Well, your only at the end of week three. Mazar should go at least 8 weeks, so you have at least two more weeks before you start flushing (soil about 10-14 days). If you got a 30x microscope and it sounds like you might, keep looking, then you decide when to cut her down. Just don't rush her.....just like drying and curing, but that's another subject.:p

AzLaker
Yeah forsure, i wont be rushing at all. Waited this long lol.. Have u smoked mazar before? Been reading reviews and that and it gets a ok review, not many rave about it.. Guy in the shop said its good indica that has nice relaxing feeling, and good for sleeping, which us what u wanted it for mainly. Nothing worse than.broken sleep throughout the night.

I've grown Mazar- Sharif from Soma Seeds. Good heavy Indica. Dense, tights nugs. Taste wise....it's okay, nothing to write home about.:rolleyes:

AzLaker

Yeah thats pretty much what you ive read. Ohh well next grow im growing a strain that i know is nice.. Cheers

Can’t speak to pure GTH, but my buddy ran a cross of GTHxCasey Jones and it was pretty wack. Peppery with a weak smell.

The bomb, and I mean BOMB haze is AJ’s Nigerian Haze (cut off the OG, not from his seedrun). Tried it once, incredible. Despite my best efforts, I’ll never get a cut as I think only 2 ppl have it, but if you get a chance to try an example of that specific NH, jump all over it!

Very nice guys. Ive heard of those strains, u come from small town in Ireland, and we are very limited to what we can get our hands on. Mostly we get amnesia haze, can be hit or miss something in its quality. We see cheese alot, other 2weeks out if thr month it will be grade b cannabis that the dealer wont even know the name off lol.. Just recently my i got my hands on strawberry cheese which is really nice, but it was over dried, and crumbled way to much, really nice smoke tho. Prices here are a rip off.. 100-120 euros per quarter is rough eh.. Just last week my dealer said he could get girlscout cookie at a whooping 160euro for 7 grams.. '' i was like, meh i think il pass '' no way i pay that much. Where do u folks get ur seeds from? Are those indica strains or sativas?

Back
Top Bottom