Tutorial: Homemade Pipe Made From Your Plant Remains

Hi Agemon, I noticed with mine I left out over winter that it cracked around the areas where the stems come from the main stem. I was thinking it might be a good idea to remove the side stems before they dry too much? Just a thought.
Great tip Otter! Thank you.

Ladies and gentlemen! May I present Fred...he’s a one-hitter-quitter. :rofl:

Don’t laugh Mother-F@$%er...it’s not as easy as it looks. LOL! :hmmmm: Naturally this is a long way from the finish room, but I’m working my little fingers to the bone. It’s a prototype of sorts. I’ve learned a ton from reading this thread, and I would like to thank you for getting me fired up. I’ll keep working on Fred. Enjoy!

Work in progress:

Here’s what I’ve learned so far:

1. Grow bigger weed.
2. Grow more weed.
3. ?

Great work GT! I love the idea of carving the face into the bowl section. Looks just like me! :D

I've abandoned the Dowel Pipe. After the finishing all I can taste is the poly. I didn't smoke it, just a couple air tokes to check the flavinoids... IzzNoGood...

I drilled out the gnarly piece and covered it in wood putty. waiting a couple extra days for it to dry then I'll get to sanding and styling.

Nice carving Gramps!

WIll your next post read, "I've abandoned the gnarly pipe. After the finishing all I can taste is the wood putty"?

No, it's what Beez said he uses. "Natural color" he thinks it matches the wood color best. There's a few naturally 'ported' areas on the stem where the branches branched.

Not sure if this or outside is better, only 102 today.
Burr... you better put a jacket on if you go out there. o_O
Whats left of the Ultra. Deep bowl stays cherried.
The ULH is serving you well - even after harvest! Just don't put any poly inside the bowl.

You know that's the funny part, I didn't. shoved cotton balls into the holes and even did a burn around the outside, there was no avoiding it. That's ok, I needed to get the creativity goin.

I was looking at the mesquite pile in the backyard, I bbq. Any ways, I might find some nice pieces of mesquite to fashion a piece from. One at a time, and the gnarly one is next, TBC...

You know that's the funny part, I didn't. shoved cotton balls into the holes and even did a burn around the outside, there was no avoiding it. That's ok, I needed to get the creativity goin.

I was looking at the mesquite pile in the backyard, I bbq. Any ways, I might find some nice pieces of mesquite to fashion a piece from. One at a time, and the gnarly one is next, TBC...

Excuse me while i quote myself... the wait is over. The bowl is loaded and awaiting its new owner. Christening with Ultra Lemon Haze Hash & a pinch of White Widow. Hash,WW, Hash, a smokable sammich!

Far too many pics again...

View media item 1694292
There were a number of small leaks. I used the green bottle to seal the leaks. Took a while to find all those.

View media item 1694293
A full bowl. May not be girthatious but its deep.

View media item 1694291
The Gnarly Pipe.

View media item 1694295
View media item 1694296
“You gotta light?”

View media item 1694294
I am the light. What you seek is flame...

Back
Top Bottom