Tyson's 4x4 ScrOG Feat: Mimosa In DWC 2019

Congrats on the flip Tyson! I'm so damn excited for your flower show.
Man you filled that scrog like a boss. Super healthy & strong. :bravo:

I'm so damn excited for your flower show.
Me too man. I've got some tucking to do tonight, can't wait for that to be over. I'm gonna post an update in a bit. I think she's just starting to adjust to the 12/12 and begin stretching. The middle is growing in height faster than the edges so for the last tuck, I may just tuck the middle in order to keep the canopy even.

8/4/19 3:00 am Day 72 (4F)
temp 81 rh 70% ec 1.2 ph 5.9 co2 1150
night temp 69 rh 55% water temp 67

I meant to treat the plant with a bacillus fungicide the last couple of weeks, mainly as a PM/budrot preventative. I've keep my humidity in check but with a dense scrog, it could still happen. I use Southern Ag Garden Friendly Fungicide, a really concentrated version of the same bacteria that is in hydroguard. Based on the recommendation, I used 1ml to make 3 cups of the solution and sprayed it on the tops and undersides of the plant as well as the walls/screen etc. This bacteria will eat any mold/mildew spores that may be present, though they will die off without a food source, so I reapply weekly. I haven't tried it as a hydroguard replacement because I still have some left but I know people who do use it in a res, and they say 1ml for every 20 gallons. Much different than hydroguard's 2ml/gallon. Hydroguard claims their specific strain is "proprietary" and thus works better.

I also tucked her an hour ago. She really needs a trimming underneath. I'm debating if I'm going to tuck her one last time in 4-5 days. It depends on how explosive the growth is during those days. Shes drinking slightly more than a gallon a day. The ppm(700) started at 870, after 72 hours it rose to 930. A gallon of water brought it back to 870.

*I know it makes the most sense to use ec so everybody can follow along. That's why I put it in the top of my updates. But my Bluelab is set to the 700 scale solely because it is the largest scale possible and thus shows me fluncuations better than the other options. My ppm could go from 875 to 940 and they both would read 1.3 ec. so I wouldn't know anything has changed. Just wanted to explain why I constantly mention both scales.

The first pic is right after I sprayed. I let it dry before tucking.

20190803_230747.jpg
20190804_031145.jpg
20190803_225258.jpg

She's reacting well to your pruning and filling out at a ridiculous speed. I'm not sure how you keep up with this one brother! :goof::morenutes::bravo: You've got that feeding dialed in for sure.

I'm not sure how you keep up with this one brother
It's like living with a toddler who can sprint. Trying to stay on top of her but man can she fly.
You've got that feeding dialed in for sure.
That's the breeze of dwc. Complete control, now let's hope flowering stays as smooth! Should have little budlets in 10-12 days.

8/8/19 11:00 pm Day 76 (8F)
temp 81 rh 70% ec 1.2 ph 5.9 co2 1150

I was going to tuck her one last time tonight but I think I am going to use supercropping as sparingly as possible. You can see I've started on the tallest. 8 days into flowering and the tallest is 4.75" and I super cropped those, so I dont think I'm going to get such a stretch where another tuck would be beneficial. Hopefully I dont eat those words.
I changed the res to the "week 2" nute portions. I'm at 40% recommended which actually works out very nicely, both for the plant and mathematically.
It was per gallon:

1ml Armor Si
2ml Calmagic
3ml Micro
1ml Grow
4ml Bloom
0.4ml Liquid Koolbloom
0.4ml pH down
2ml Hydroguard

At 40% the numbers are whole numbers through the rest of flowering. Makes it very simple. It also seems to be the perfect ppm at 810 (700 scale). If I need to increase my ratio going forward I may. I added the liquid koolbloom because I am not using the fox farms soluble as they dont match well with the gen hydro line. Basically Fox farms put a lot of micronutrients in their solubles but not their base micro whereas Gen Hydro puts a lot of micronutrients in their micro but not their koolbloom.
I'm going to give her another 6-9 days or so and then switch to the HPS. The MH will help keep back that stretch somewhat.

20190808_234307.jpg
20190808_234350.jpg
20190808_234407.jpg

When people say perfection does not exist it is because they have not seen such a thing!
Haha Thank you Kronik. I am a perfectionist, which can be maddening sometimes, but as such, I have already found a handful of things I will do differently next time. At the end of the grow I will make a post listing all of those tweaks.
Late but I'm in for the flower show!
Never too late! Welcome, enjoy the opening act! The Flowers should be on stage soon . .

It's like living with a toddler who can sprint. Trying to stay on top of her but man can she fly.
Hahaha exactly! :rofl:
Looking perfect Tyson. Good call on holding back on the HPS for now, if things get stretchy in there it's not gonna be easy to deal with :yummy:

8/11/19 11:00 pm Day 79 (11F)
temp 80 rh 70% ec 1.2 ph 5.9 co2 1150

After 3 days the ppm had moved from 810-890. A gallon of pure water brought it back to 810. The pH has gone from 6.1 when I made it to 5.9. Now that I've gotten used to it, I'm able to let it slide from 6.1 to 5.7 throughout the week until I change. This is perfect so she gets the whole range of availability.
I gave her another treatment of the Southern Ag Fungicide. Its been about a week since my first application. Still haven't seen any indications of mold/pm or anything but just trying to be proactive.
The tallest top is 7". I wish the outer rim would keep up with the center. I probably could have tucked just the center one more time but I'm not stressing it.

20190812_001654.jpg

Some more supercropping. Probably the last time I'll do it. Its later in flower then I'd like but she'll be fine. I plan to switch to the HPS in 3 days (start of day 17 of flowering). The majority of stretch should be over and I can see the very beginning of budsites. With the canopy being 10" from the net already, she can use the added penetration and power of the HPS, not to mention the spectrum as flowering gets underway.

20190813_213253.jpg
20190813_213240.jpg
20190813_213300.jpg

Amazing work brother. She just doesn’t slow down. Nice and clean down low, and getting towards the end of stretch you’ve got a killer canopy to work with. :bravo::morenutes: You going with the 1000w HPS?

You going with the 1000w HPS?
I thought about it briefly. I only need the ballast and bulb, but I think I'm gonna stick with the 600w. I'll use "super lumens" the last 3 weeks for the minimal boost it provides. I think ideally, I would do a 800w HID equivalent quantum board in this tent. That's my next upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom