UglyMuppet's First Grow Easyrider

that is up with these Autos? they are still growing taller!!! they are just about hitting my light that is 26 inches from the top of my hydro unit!!! i thought they had halted vertical growth... but nope.... i guess i will be tying them down a little bit so they don't get burned.... they are drinking well too.... adding 4 gallons every other day now.....

Grow is looking great man! I wish mine had got that tall lol. Im not sure that im going to get much off my haze but the Road Runner looks just like your girls right now. +reps for all the hard work thus far.

I have tied plants down before during flowering and it actualy helps the yeilds if you dont over do it. The main cola will be one nice bud, then have spikes of nice juicy nugets.

If your plants have thin stems tie them about 18" up on the stem and watch them buds take off. Im not sure that its great for the plant but i know that if you stress a female right you can add more mass and weight to your buds by spearing a knife through it then putting a sharp wood popsicle stick into the slit through the stem.

Things like this should be done no sooner then 2 to 3 weeks before harvest.

Because you have wounded her she will use up the last bit of energy to try and pertect her seeds. When she does this she will start to push all of her sugars into the buds in hopes of saving her seeds. Now heres the best part, she has no idea that she was never making seeds. So lucky for people that learn how to do it she uses all those stored goodies to bulk up before she dies.

Pulling just the tops down will also have an effect like that but it wont be as large. Only tie the tops down about 6"-8" as to not over stress. Your main tops will look like a small scrog with out the net and thanks to the light getting to new places inside the plant the buds will grow fuller all the way down the top.

Just my 2 cents lol

Happy Growin!:bravo::passitleft::bravo:

Wow muppet.... Amazing growth and you really got a sick setup with that HiD on top & CFL's on the side. Seriously looking at a small HiD for the flower this time around... but have a lack of ventilation options so heat is my problem.

So basically since like 10-25 when you added that light, they have doubled and are now reaching the light, LOL. +reps if I could but gotta spread some around!

Wow muppet.... Amazing growth and you really got a sick setup with that HiD on top & CFL's on the side. Seriously looking at a small HiD for the flower this time around... but have a lack of ventilation options so heat is my problem.

So basically since like 10-25 when you added that light, they have doubled and are now reaching the light, LOL. +reps if I could but gotta spread some around!

thanks for the nice comments guys....

yea... it surprised me when they doubled their height as soon as they were put under the 400w light....i would highly recommend a HID and a in line fan for everyone. even if it is a smaller wattage unit... the plants will grow under just the CFLs, but they really love the HIDs..... i am going to build a exhaust fan muffler tomorrow and reroute the exhaust so it goes outside the area i am growing in. the humidity build up in my garage needs to be vented more efficiently. i am just about finished with my cheep carbon filter. i will post up pictures as soon as that is in as well....

i am not on here for rep points... i am here to research and help pass on the knowledge i may acquire... this is my very first grow and i am learning so much. i did check out other forums and really did not like the bashing they seem to have on them.... this forum just flows positive energy. a good vibe.... so i will pass on any knowledge that i do learn. i love to help in any way i can. it is so much fun watching the plants grow. makes me want to enroll in horticulture classes in the local community college.

just added another 6 gallons of RO water... they are thirsty girls! still growing too but at a slower pace. one is just touching my light now. the light can not go up any higher and the distance from the top of the net pot to the light is 26 inches..... so much for a 18 inch max tall (as claimed on the website) plants. they will get tied down tonight..... pics to come soon....

i finished the carbon filter yesterday. i didn't take pictures of the build but it a 5 gal bucket with activated carbon that i got from a fish store for 10 pounds for $40. and i used every bit of it. i have $65 in the whole unit. i installed it and sure enough it works like a champ (zero smell now). i took out the deodorizer bucket i was using and moved it to the other side of the room to make the garage smell nice. i like the Ona bucket i made, but i wanted to remove odor not just mask it. i did some damage to a couple of branches while installing the bucket. they didn't break. i just bent a couple stalks. i am still adding about 2 gallons every 12 hours to keep the water level up to the net pots. more stalks are hitting the light now. i am trying to figure out what to do about tying the tops down. i didn't plan on doing a LST on this grow so now i need to install some tie down locations.

i am headed out to take some pictures right now....

Looking amazing Ug!

That's awesome on the carbon filter! I purchased mine, but already have everything scoped out to refill it when it expires. There is a facility nearby that accepts & recycles the used carbon. I hear you can bake it and it's supposedly useable again, but it's not too cost prohibitive to just get fresh carbon.

update
day 40 from seed

the plants grew into the light... i had to remove the light pulley set up i had. i used zipties to get the light up another 3-4 inches. one top got light burned but i think it will be fine.

had to add 2 gallons of water today as well.

PROJECT_PICS_0019.JPG

PROJECT_PICS_0029.JPG

i used a bottle of FF to give some idea of the size of these plants....

PROJECT_PICS_0039.JPG

you can just make out the new home made carbon filter set behind the lights in the corner of the cabinet...

PROJECT_PICS_00410.JPG

this angle you can just make out the pully set up on top of the light enclosure... i removed those and ziptied the unit directly. i am glad i built the light box into the roof of the unit...

PROJECT_PICS_00510.JPG

PROJECT_PICS_0078.JPG

PROJECT_PICS_0086.JPG

PROJECT_PICS_0093.JPG

and the final shot.... with the light moved up to the very max.... i will have to build some sort of system to tie the plants down if they grow any more higher.

PROJECT_PICS_0103.JPG

:bravo: The Ladies are looking really nice!! So the 5 gallon bucket with 10 lbs activated carbon through hepa filters works well?? Zero smell?? I was wondering if it would be possible to have two 1gal buckets with lids filled with hepa filter and 1qt crushed avtivated carbon each and hook them to the intake and exhaust fans on the external of the chamber... think that might be effective on a cab about your size??? :ganjamon:

i am not sure that the one gal would work for my application. i am running a 6 inch inline fan that pulls about 400cf/min. i needed a 6 in duct and a one gal bucket would be too small. but i bet it would work with a smaller 4 inch fan.

ill see if i can find the article i used to guide my filter build... it is not exactly the way i did mine but you will get the idea of what i did....

Sweet! Yeah, the cab has two 4.5 axial fans, 1 on the side low for intake and one blowing straight up out of the roof of the cab for exhaust. Thinking attach a dryer flange on the outside of the cab then cut a hole in the lid of bucket/filter to slide around the flange. Or should I run ducting to the filter?? I figured if the hepa filter were swirled around the inside of the bucket in two layers, then two layers on the bottom with activated carbon crushed and stuck in between the layers I might be able to place it directly on the flange attached to the cab. Or should I run ducting??? I was just worried that the 112cfm fans won't push enough air to make it through ducting without additional boosters. Have to figure something out, simply can't afford the cost of hundred dollar fans and hundred dollar filters.

NICE!!! thanks for letting me know about trunk's thread, it really helped with some of the questions I had!!!! Hope your ladies are doing well this morning:rollit:

Wow, they are out of control! Looks like they will bloom you out of space in no time (there are worse problems to have)!

update day 42 from seed

not much to report... i added 5 gallons of water last night with nutes and H2O2. the girls are still doing a little bit of growing still but vertical height has slowed down a bunch. bud sites are really starting to fill in. i went to check on them last night just after lights out only to find out that i left the garage door cracked open to ventilate the air in the garage and the temps dropped down to 59 deg inside the cabinet (it was cooler than 59 in the garage for sure). i buttoned everything up and temps came back up to upper 60's in about 30 mins.

i started building a new flowering cabinet yesterday. i was going to build two smaller (3ft x 4 ft x 4 ft each) cabinets and sit them next to each other. i changed my design and built one unit 3 ft deep by 8 feet wide and 4 feet tall but on 24 inch riser. my plan is to build a SCROG-NTF system but the res will be located under the cabinet. the square post gutters the plants will grow in will sit directly on the floor of the cabinet and drain throught downspouts in the floor and into the res. i will make two seperate flowering set ups in the new cabinet as to have a small crop rotation. in the old cabinet, i will change the 400w HPS bulb that i am using now to a MH bulb and then use it to veg in. then transplant to one of the two flowering units. if i do this every 3-4 weeks i should get a nice small rotation. i want to try cloning as well. for the new cabinet i have to think about what light set up i will use... i was thinking 2- 600w lights will be fine. the guy at the hydro sore recomends 2-1000w lights....for a scrog set up i think two 600w HPS's should work great.

here is a crappy cell phone pic of the cabinet mid build.... i ran out of wood....

1111001602.jpg

right on.... thanks for the nice words...

right now i am having a hard time figuring out what hydro system to flower under... i am now leaning hard towards a ebb-flow system now. with large trays filled with hydroton..... ugg.... i hate this. i would love to do aero/DWC but i am trying to limit my vertical height. i do not want the plants to grow too tall... that why the SCROG set up. i only have 4 feet of vertical height total to work with. but space under the cabinet will be used for res space.

Back
Top Bottom