Nirvana Northern Lights Autoflower - First Grow - CFL - Indoors

Nov 28 — Day 26 — Still battling the pH problem on plants #3 and #4. I added 1 pint of 2t/gal hydrated lime in water on #4. They are growing rapidly. I can see what they mean a growth spurt, but I haven't seen any pistols yet. If I don't see any ill effects then I will add a quart to both #3 and #4 Monday morning (new watering/nute schedule: water 1 qt on Monday and Wednesday, nutes on Friday will continue miniflush until I get a ph in the mid range on the initial effluent).
Nov 29 — Day 27 — Lots of growth. #3 and 4 still looking the same. Which is good because the hydrated line doesn't appear to be doing any harm. So Monday morning I am going to use lime water to water 3 and 4. The rest will get pH adjusted water adjusted t0 ~7,25. I also trimmed some of the leaves on #1, although #1 looks good now it had 5 or so leaves that were curling up and dry and crunchy so I cut them off. Will see if this has any effect on #1. I also am attaching a picture of my five little darlings compare that pic with the one from just 2 days ago ...... OMG what a lot of growth.

20151129_192020.jpg

They are looking good budman, I hope everything goes well. I got everything I need for mine but I'm going to be moving right after Christmas so I'm not gonna start my grow just yet.

I think I finally see pistols on one of my little darlings. Here is a pic, give me an opinion. Have they finally shown their sex(newbie here, never seen the female/male parts of a cannabis plant, filing away the observation for future use when I am growing non feminized seeds) kinda excited about this. :cheer:

20151130_173202.jpg

Great picture of my little ladies sex!!! Just one more milestone in my quest for a good bud.
20151201_172525.jpg

Well, Its my little girls 1 month birthday. One month from germination. The young ladies have had pH problems but I think for the most part that issue is solved (used hydrated lime, seems to have worked). Still some minor adjustments but for the most part the girls look healthy and growing well. They range from 6" to 10" tall and all but one of them nearly completely covers the opening pf a 3 gallon pot.

20151202_202205.jpg

20151202_202218.jpg

20151202_202224.jpg

20151202_202229.jpg

20151202_202235.jpg

20151202_202243.jpg

They are growing very well in my opinion. They are 28 days from sprouting and 32 days since they first cracked their seed coat I fed them today. I included hydrated lime to up the pH. I tested it yesterday first on one small plant, the effluent pH after the treatment was ~6.8. No apparent ill effects today from it. Repeated the procedure with the rest. Here is a picture of my now little women (have seen pistols on all the plants now).

20151204_212337.jpg

Thanks Breezy, too tell you the truth I'm surprised at how nice and bushy they are growing. The little darlings have literally been growing like weeds, lots of new growth bushing out all over. No stretch at all to speak of. I think it's because I have plenty of lumens available. Cross my fingers. I hope it continues as well as it has been. :cheer:

Thanks Breezy, too tell you the truth I'm surprised at how nice and bushy they are growing. The little darlings have literally been growing like weeds, lots of new growth bushing out all over. No stretch at all to speak of. I think it's because I have plenty of lumens available. Cross my fingers. I hope it continues as well as it has been. :cheer:

Awesome stuff - I'm looking forward to watching your flowering stage start in a bit! :thumb:

Me too. First grow, every day is an adventure. New things to see, new things to learn. The next 5-7 weeks should be very exciting (and productive too I hope .... like lots of big potent buds in my future:cheer:

I haven't taken individual pictures in a while. So here are my little ladies this morning. I watered them as some of them seemed a little dry (the biggest plants). Also I checked the effluent pH and they all 5 were between 6.3 and 6.8. Right where I want it. They are looking good. Just have to keep on track until they finish. Cross your fingers. :drool: Height ranges from 7" (small lady #1) and the other 4 range from 10-12" base to crown. I really need to name my girls now that they have progressed to womanhood. It would be more polite and respectable not to mention shorter.
OK here goes:
#1 will now be called Pip cause she is short but still forceful and full of life.
#2 is now Sally. No reason except that is one of my nieces names and I like it.
#3 is Kim. Named after a wonderful woman who is round and solid and the center of my life. Just like this plant is the center of the grow box: dome shaped with a wonderful canopy of leaves that shake and shimmy in the wind from my ventilation fan.
#4 is Joe. (a shortened form of a female name) because she looks average (in my opinion) but still about as pretty as you can get.
#5 is Martha. Old fashioned name ...... could be called square in an old vernacular.

So from now on these are their names.

Kim, Sally, and Martha are growing GREAT. Joe is doing OK and catching the others. Pip is struggling but still muddling through.

Pip
20151206_052617.jpg

20151206_052607.jpg

Sally
20151206_062122.jpg

Kim
20151206_052536.jpg

20151206_052545.jpg

Joe
20151206_061909.jpg

20151206_061919.jpg

Martha
20151206_061418.jpg

20151206_061406.jpg

All of the girls are doing great. I have use some LST on Pip to spread her out a little bit . She is small and only covered about 1/2 of the pot. Puller her topone way and a secondary shoot another and finally another shoot in another direction. She seems fine, and all are growing/ The other 4 are growing rapidly ... on Martha I've recorded base to tip growth of nearly an inch on some days. I have been rotating the plants 1/4 turn everyday for a while now to sort of keep the growth even. I may have to stop that soon, they are just too bushy, they beat eachother tp deather turning them. In a day or two I am going to have to move the plants down another level from 5 gallon bucket (~13" high) to one gallon bucket (~7" tall) sometime next week. Last weeks feeding had some mild flowering nutes in them, still mostly vegetative stuff. This friday the feeding schedule moves more heavily to the flowering nutes. I also plan to swap lights out. In my original setup I had 6 40W 2700K bulbs and 14 40W 6500K bulbs. After this Friday I will be running the reverse of this (14 40W 2700K bulbs and 6 40W 6500K bulbs). Here is a picture of the little women: Pip, Sally, Kim, Joe, and Martha:
20151207_163743.jpg

Those are awesome looking plants! Really like how you've trained them. How's the smell? Tatianna is a bit skunky if I stick my nose right in there but otherwise not much.

Thanks wolf. They are smelling just a bit, but not enough to worry about yet. My grow is in a shed that I've wired to electricity and sort of set up as an office, but it is a stand alone building. I don't have to worry about the odor too much. I do have a carbon filter setup (home made) for when the smell gets too intense.

The only training I have given them is Pip (some mild LST). The rest of them just grew that way. The only training I've done with them is tuck back the large leaves behind the little growing flowers so they could get light.

This Friday is 5 weeks since the plants opened their dicot leaves and I sort of consider it the move from Veg to Flower. So I am doing a flush and then feed. Originally this was Fridays task but my wife decided we were going 100 miles to look at Christmas lights so I won't be home that evening. Martha hit the glass ceiling today so I decided to move the flush up because I had to move all the girls out in order to lower Martha (i lowered everybody as well). Less chance of problems if i only move them once. I also took current pictures. I think they are doing great ..... pH problem is done (I hope). I'm going to switch to increased number of 2700K bulbs to encourage flowering and a bit of stretch. Should complete that tomorrow morning before lights on at 5:00am. After that it is just sailing towards harvest in 5-8 weeks.

20151209_165430.jpg
20151209_165440.jpg
20151209_171049.jpg
20151209_171059.jpg
20151209_172735.jpg
20151209_172746.jpg
20151209_175809.jpg
20151209_175819.jpg
20151209_181130.jpg
20151209_183546.jpg

Thanks for the visit and post. I'm keeping a close eye on the girls. I still have ~12" of vertical room available. These are NL autos so supposedly they only get ~28-36" max height, I have ~28" in the grow box. If they start getting up to the plexi ceiling I'm planning on training them. I already have had Martha up to and touching the plexi with no ill effects. She just turned and tried to find the way up, no heat stress at all. Also, from what I have read that these ~double in height from where they atrt flowering. If this is accurate then everything should just fit, but I am just a bit nervous I might outgrow this box very quickly (especially if try any sativa photo-period plants in the future). Next grow I plan to add 19" in height to the grow box by adding a base to it and lifting the entire thing up. That should give me ~68" vertical height in the box. Hopefully enough room to grow most of what I want with a little LST and fimming and topping :) I hope.

Well, I'm back. The girls look no worse for wear after over 24 hrs of in attention LOL. I decided that little Pip would soon be overshadowed by her big sisters and needed some help. I placed her on a pedestal (a one gallon paint can). Now she is a bit taller than Joe but still shorter than the rest as can be seen in the picture from earlier today. Martha (back left) still towers over the others but kim and sally are still very respectable. If their current growth rate maintains itself, then I will need to move them down to the floor at the end of next week. I also noticed that the photo of Martha was missing from the last photo update. Rifleman, thanks for the like and reading my journal. Any advice or suggestions from an experienced grower would be welcome.

20151212_192019.jpg

20151209_181140.jpg

Back
Top Bottom