Nirvana Northern Lights Autoflower - First Grow - CFL - Indoors

Qapla, Almost none of the pistols were still white. There were still quite a few clear trichromes, but on some better descriptions I just read of what they mean by "cloudy" I'd say 30-40% were cloudy in the more developed buds. Many of the buds that were under the canopy didn't develop as quickly or as fully as those on the top and as such had more clear trichomes as a percentage. Next time I am going to trim my foliage a bit more to allow light farther down in the grow. I also am only going to plant 4 plants, I think I overcrowded the girls a bit this time. If I can get close to 2 oz per plant that is way more than I would need.

Well, I finished the drying of Martha's buds and now start the curing process (well I already started that but now all of martha is in the curing state. I harvested 59g dry pre cure. Just about 2 OZ. I am very happy with this yield. The smoke so far has been good but not exceptional. Martha had health issues and I think she never developed her potential. Sally has some buds that are frosty and seem to glow a little under a 6500K bulb. Think she will be next maybe early next week. Her trichromes are cloudy but i want to see some amber on this one before I cut her. Sally will be next after that maybe late next week. Finally, I go on vacation starting on Feb 6th through valentines day. I am seriously thinking of letting pip and Joe just go for the week, a good watering and just let them be. Unless these two do some miraculous growing in the next 10 days they won't be ready for cutting yet. So why not let them be till I get back ..... what is it going to hurt.

:volcano-smiley::smokin::lot-o-toke::hookah::smokin::tokin::grinjoint::blunt::bong::roorrip::ganjamon::Rasta:

PSI am still interested in anybody out there that has used Coco Loco from foxfarms. Any advice or info would nbe greatly appreciated ...... thanks in advance :thanks:

My next plant to harvest. Still waiting for the trichromes to turn amber.
bud_1-28-2016.jpg
20160128_211926.jpg

Harvested Sally today. Not as much wet weight as Martha, but it smelled good. Most of the trichromes were cloudy, but still almost no amber, just a couple sprinkled in among the rest maybe 1-2% at most. Wet weight was 215G and if i loose the same percentage of wet weight during drying (i know that I will continue to loose some more water during cure, but I'm ignoring that for now) that I did with martha I will get 50g (~1 3/4 OZ) dry. This looks to be better smoke than the last (see the frosty look on the buds in the pictures, this doesn't show up as well on the images I saved here as it does with the original but believe me it is there :) ).

20160130_164433.jpg

20160130_164459.jpg

20160130_164504.jpg

Good looking cfl setup budman, I too am running a northern lights it's NL#5 and not auto flowering cuz I also running some J1 sativa. Keep it up they are looking good. And if you want to see some fairly aggressive LST check out my grow journal.

I know this is a bit quick, but the weather turned dry and the RH dropped and my harvest from Sally was dry enough to clip and start to cure. My dry weight was 45 g, this means it lost 79% of its weight before cure. The buds were getting crunchy so it was time to put them in their jars. So far I have harvested 102g from 2 plants with 3 more to go. I have decided not to cut any of the remaining plants until i get back from my vacation on Feb 14th. 2 of them are good size with buds that look good, but aren't really developed enough yet to cut down. I'll give them a big drink before I go and that should hold them. I'm looking forward to seeing how they change from feb 6th till the 14th without me seeing any of the intervening time.

Well, sorry I haven't been on much over the last few days but I have been getting ready for my vacation. Headed for a 7-day cruise to the Bahamas. I have given the 3 remaining girls a big drink, watered them till saturation. Kim looks ready to harvest .... just don't have the time. I will see if this was a mistake when i get back. I've seen others do far worse things to their grows in these grow logs than this and everything worked out ok ..... just don't want to miss the peak of potency (I like that alliteration it has a ring to it ... "peak of potency" like something you would hear in an advertisement LOL). I'm thinking that kim will give me well over 2 oz of dried bud, and the other two 1.5 oz between the two, maybe a bit more as their colas are still filling out. I'll fill you in on the results when I get back. I will be off till after valentines day :circle-of-love: ttfn

:oops::woohoo:Well, I am back and I managed to kill 2 of my three remaining plants. Kim and Joe were dry and crispy when I got back. AT first I thought this was an unmitigated disaster. Then I started looking at the buds on the two plants. They were dry but firm, the outside was crispy and all the leaves were crispy but the inside seemed good at least on the bigger buds. I tried one of the dry bud tips, and it smoked good, not as good as well cured weed, but smooth and burned to a fine ash. I had been away for 9 days and that was some of the best smoke I have had in years. Best of the harvest so far. I continued to harvest the two plants. Since most of the bud was already dry, I snipped it and prepared for curing. The fluffy popcorn buds weren't quite dry so i estimated they were about half dry (so I could estimate dry weight yield). I harvested 3.25 oz dry from kim and 2.25 oz from joe. This gives me 9.25 oz so far. Pip is small and I'm guessing an oz or so,. So I'd guess that I will yield about 10 oz of smoke from this grow. More than I expected, and SO much fun to do. I am curing the harvest in Tupperware containers that I open periodically if needed to let the moisture out slowly, I also am planning on adding a little moisture in the crispy dry buds from Kim and Joe. They need a bit more moisture, they are almost bone dry in some cases. Pip survived, a lot of dead leaves but underneath she was still green and a bunch of here leaves perked up after I gave her a drink. She will be harvested by the end of the week, I need to get moving on my next grow ..... ak-48 auto

Glad to hear that it wasn't a loss.
Congrats on your harvest. Since I'm running Northern Lights as well, I would love to see some pics of final cure.

Here are the pics of the harvest. First is an overeview of everything so far. Next are the main buds from the latest two girls harvested. The 5 gallon bucket lid is popcormn buds from teh latest harvest., and last are the remaining buds from the first two harvested. I will loose a little bit of weight when i clip off all the stems but not more than a half oz or so max. BTW I just finished clipping as much of the stems as I could and I was right, dropped 13 grams in stems. Giving me a total of 8.75 grams of dried smoke so far. Not bad, as I was only hoping for 6-7 oz at the very most (realistically I figured 4-5 on a first grow).

20160216_172612.jpg

20160216_172621.jpg

20160216_172618.jpg

20160216_172625.jpg

Below is my curing station with all the bud with most all of the stems cut off. And a final addition, the last girls standing ...... Pip and a closeup of one of her buds.

20160216_185113.jpg
20160216_185033.jpg
20160216_185053.jpg

:jawdropper::drool::drool::drool:

:smokin:I harveset pip today, She yielded 130 g wet which should give me ~1 oz dry. Total for the grow is between 9 and 10 oz of dry smoke. I guess this completes this grow log. I will be doing a smoke report soon once I have a reasonable cure on this. I am starting a new grow in about a week AK-48 autoflower from nirvana. Minor updates to my grow chamber (an increase in height of ~23"). should be fun, join me and watch it grow.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom