Nirvana Northern Lights Autoflower - First Grow - CFL - Indoors

I feel u man. But no worries I'm takeing my first few grows with a learning curve. Mistakes are bound to happen the import on part is to under stand were we went wrong and learn from it. Use the knowledge to grow some monsters in the future

I hear what you are saying. Learn from your mistakes so you don't make them again. I don't mind making mistakes that I can learn from. I just hate making mistakes that I should know better than to make. That makes me grind my teeth. I know better than to not to check the specs of an intermediary before I use it. That is a kindergarten mistake but one I will not make again. You can bet on that. Even though no harm done this time there could have been. Oh well moving on now. LOL

Nightsmoker, next is water only. I have been only feeding once per week, now that they are flowering I think I'll increase the frequency to water every other day feed on every other watering. I think that I have been seeing K and P deficiencies at times with Martha this past week. Based on what I have been reading this is fairly common during the explosive growth phase of the NL autos I'm growing. Sally and Kim are definitely growing fast just like Martha did last week. Want to give them every bit of food they need to grow big strong buds. :) If pip and Joe look fine till next feeding, I'm planning to ignore this little glitch. I will be checking the pH and TDS of the effluent when I water the plants. This should give me another indication of what I'll need to do with pip and Joe next feeding.

Nightsmoker, next is water only. I have been only feeding once per week, now that they are flowering I think I'll increase the frequency to water every other day feed on every other watering. I think that I have been seeing K and P deficiencies at times with Martha this past week. Based on what I have been reading this is fairly common during the explosive growth phase of the NL autos I'm growing. Sally and Kim are definitely growing fast just like Martha did last week. Want to give them every bit of food they need to grow big strong buds. :) If pip and Joe look fine till next feeding, I'm planning to ignore this little glitch. I will be checking the pH and TDS of the effluent when I water the plants. This should give me another indication of what I'll need to do with pip and Joe next feeding.

Thats what i also do,i water every other day and change between water feed(half recommended atm)

Thanks, Jack. Day 56 from germination and day 52 from leaf opening. Everybody is growing well. Martha is budding out still, Kim and Sally are a bit behind, but definitely budding well. The other two, well, lets just say they are a little less mature. Just on the verge of budding out but not quite there yet. I may have to harvest in 2 or three waves to get the best from each plant. I don't mind doing that but if Pip and Joe are more than 2 weeks behind I'll just have to harvest early because my wife and I are going on a cruise to the Bahamas. All the girls have to up and out of the ground and at least drying before I leave. Cross my fingers. :cool:

Plutos, Not sure what you are asking? Please clarify and I'll try to answer

If you are asking if CFL and LED can be used together. The answer based on my reading (I don't have any LED lights yet) is yes. CFL can and often is used with LEDs to fill in the entire grow space.

:Namaste:

Plutos, as I have said previously, I don't have any LEDs in my grow. Only CFLs, Running a mix of 2700K and 6500K CFLs total lumens ~56000.

Ok, Happy New Years!!!!!!! I haven't been posting over the past couple of days becuase a couple of my girls have been sick. Martha and Kim had droopy, off color leaves and Martha got a bad case of brown spots (even though pH was right). Looking into it I found they probably were "root bound." This pointed out my second mistake of the grow (first was letting pH get away from me and give some of my girls a bad case of nute lockup). I have done some small amount of flower growing in the past. One of the things I did was put some crushed limestone in the bottom of the pot to help with the drainage. I did this with this grow. I found out was that 3 gallon pots are really 2.25 gallons. That combined the settling of the soil meant I had pots that were just too small for the plants I grew in them. Well, I re-potted them today, went into 5 gallon smart pots, removed the limestone and watered with cal/mag+ and pH'd water. The root ball on all of them were spiraling the pot and showed all the typical signs of being root bound. Just waiting to see how much shock I gave them. I will keep everyone updated on their progress. :thumb:

Sounds like you did the right thing budman :thumb: They are gonna love the bigger pots. Bigger pots = bigger plants. I did not know how true that is until I recently transplanted into 4 gallon pots and the growth was awsome. Much better then my first grow with 2 gallon pots. :tokin: i am using cfl/led combo and its working great. I think thats what pluto is saying, i just dont know what that has to do with your garden lol. Later man

So far with the re-potting, The plants look better than they did before the change. They still have to perk up a bit more, but I think they are on their way. Martha appears to be coming back, she was real sick. I'd say nearly on deaths doorstep (see pictures below, and she looks better than she did). If things keep progressing, i'll be right back on track to harvest in 2-4 weeks.

20160104_180546.jpg

20160104_180542.jpg

Nicholas, Martha probably had deficiencies in a lot of things. From what I have read when your root system gets "pot bound" as bad a mine did the roots no longer work right. Water uptake and nutrients get all screwed up. I just hope with the repot that everything will at least turn green and grow rather than more and more wilted leaves with dead spots everywhere. So far it looks very promising. The leaves perk up in the morning much faster than before. The girls get fed tonight. We'll watch them closely for the next day or so. I'm hoping to see an uptick in growth on some of the less affected plants. Cross your fingers.:nomo:

Nightsmoker, Only Martha was real badly hurt, and I think the stress caused here to bud faster and earlier. The other plants seem to have had only little issues as yet so now that they have been repotted I think they will be fine. The girls just have to grow into their new homes. No, issues to report yet. They all seem to be doing well. :)

Back
Top Bottom