Hey vet that white lights is definitely there just minding her own business growing nicely but what does this mean? The res is fine for her so it's ok and the other plants just had a problem in the media?

When you flushed the Mac n cheese did you test the run off pH and ppm? I know the ppm wouldn't mean too much as it seems your guaranteed salt build up at the top with this system.

Also do you feel the Mac n cheese still deteriorating after the flush?

Hey vet that white lights is definitely there just minding her own business growing nicely but what does this mean? The res is fine for her so it's ok and the other plants just had a problem in the media?
What does it mean indeed. Exactly where my brain went. To me I thought it could suggest three things.
1. She's much smaller and not as far into flowering so the nutrients are sufficient for her but not enough for the bigger girls. But I'd have thought 1100 ppm should be plenty and more likely to burn the little one.
2. The bigger girls have been bottom fed longer and now have a salt build-up or pH issue in the media.
3. The more developed girls needed more PK sooner.
When you flushed the Mac n cheese did you test the run off pH and ppm? I know the ppm wouldn't mean too much as it seems your guaranteed salt build up at the top with this system.
No I didn't have a saucer to fit the pot and just bunged her in the shower.
Also do you feel the Mac n cheese still deteriorating after the flush?
Yeah I think she's got a little worse.

So in conclusion. I'm a little unsure how to proceed from here. I was thinking I'd give them a few days on the slightly lower feed. If they continue to deteriorate then I'll just up the A&B.

What does it mean indeed. Exactly where my brain went. To me I thought it could suggest three things.
1. She's much smaller and not as far into flowering so the nutrients are sufficient for her but not enough for the bigger girls. But I'd have thought 1100 ppm should be plenty and more likely to burn the little one.
2. The bigger girls have been bottom fed longer and now have a salt build-up or pH issue in the media.

So in conclusion. I'm a little unsure how to proceed from here. I was thinking I'd give them a few days on the slightly lower feed. If they continue to deteriorate then I'll just up the A&B.
Ok yeah I'm pretty much on the same page as you apart from if you did flush the blue cheese to check where the medium is at over there.. what your doing is what I would man hopefully theirs a solution so next run becomes a walk in the park. I know you've probably flushed them out now but with mine I was giving organic feed so my pH was higher and the microbes was probably still doing their bit.

Ok yeah I'm pretty much on the same page as you apart from if you did flush the blue cheese to check where the medium is at over there.. what your doing is what I would man hopefully theirs a solution so next run becomes a walk in the park. I know you've probably flushed them out now but with mine I was giving organic feed so my pH was higher and the microbes was probably still doing their bit.
Yeah I'll probably flush the Blue Cheese later this week. I'll try to catch some of the run off. Really hoping I can level these out or I'll be tempted to go back to soil.

My mind went straight to no 1.
If it was enough food for the big girls then the little one would show burnt tips or over feeding?
The little one looks great..

My mind went straight to no 1.
If it was enough food for the big girls then the little one would show burnt tips or over feeding?
The little one looks great..
I thought the same but I can't understand how over 1100 ppm with an EC of 2.2 wasn't enough for them? I was feeding them heavier than @Skunksta does with the same nutrients in coco. I'm bamboozled. 🤣

I thought the same but I can't understand how over 1100 ppm with an EC of 2.2 wasn't enough for them? I was feeding them heavier than @Skunksta does with the same nutrients in coco. I'm bamboozled. 🤣
That's the mark I was comparing with, skunksta..but reading the plants in your own system is the answer.
It suprises me sometimes how strong other people go..like Bill, he's hitting 2.0ec regular in veg. I've underfed my own this grow not going that strong early enough.

one last thing..
one way to tell if it was lockout/ph in the coco...The little one would lock out at a similar time later on down the line, no matter how much you feed.
I think Sherlock would call that deduction.

That's the mark I was comparing with, skunksta..but reading the plants in your own system is the answer.
It suprises me sometimes how strong other people go..like Bill, he's hitting 2.0ec regular in veg. I've underfed my own this grow not going that strong early enough.

one last thing..
one way to tell if it was lockout/ph in the coco...The little one would lock out at a similar time later on down the line, no matter how much you feed.
I think Sherlock would call that deduction.
Guess I'll mix another batch of nutes tonight then. 🤣 I will bloody get this right. 😂

Got to be some type of lock out I feel.
My current grows EC and it’s never been over 1.7
If I used what shogun suggested 3/4ml to L I would be around 2.2 and above I found alot of strains that’s little hot.
That being said alot would love more I’m just not one for pushing things to far in multi strain grows.
But as you bottom feed thats the only thing thats diff i fill my tent like you do its just a little bigger.
I did fight R/H issues until i got fresh air vented in and on a controller.So got to be getting your bottom
feed dailed in always the way when you add something new.Im not so brave and just repeat repeat.

Tap water starts at 0.4 and that’s my mixing bucket with Whats left after I fill my res up.
5E0EBD09-CB15-4A51-B04F-DAF9D4473606.jpeg

And thats with calmag added of cause from day one 0.4 to L all the way upto 1.2 ml to L never over 2 unless the ladies ask for it.

Thats 2ml to L sounds like a good plan.
Again dont use PK so unsure but im never without calmag at the very least 0.5 mainly 1.2ish ml to L

For my 30l bucket i add 50/55ml of a/b to get a EC of about 1.5/6
And will add to that 25 ml of calmag. And as you know cheap skate me wont use anything else other than boost
in my grows. ninja edit calmag first when mixing;)
Reckon I'm just going to go with this plus 0.5ml/L calmag. This is calculated for 5 litres feed.
Screenshot_20230412-175710.png

Im not so brave and just repeat repeat.
I'm nearly at the stage where I'll stop playing around with different things and settle on one grow style.

We used to say the only difference between bravery and stupidity, is survival.

At least the puff balls are looking great!

Since you're running bottom fed coco with a res, shouldn't you be checking the pH of the res daily like hydro folks do? 5.8 would be standard for top-fed coco (to runoff obv) but the res pH could be drifting to who knows where if you're not correcting it all the time.
I'm checking the res pH twice a day usually. Minimum once. Keeping it 5.8-6.0. I've even been testing the pH of the feed sat in the Autopot trays.

Think I found the "root" cause of the problem. I flushed the Blue Cheese tonight and after running water through for a minute I got a proper stink of rotten eggs. 😢 I thought I got a slight whiff when I flushed the Mac N Cheese but wasn't sure. My nose was blocked up then though. It seemed to flush out pretty quick at least. I've then watered thoroughly with H2O2 and added some to the reservoir. Might've caught this too late though. Damn.

Fingers crossed they can recover and still get to harvest. I'm not super confident though.
PXL_20230415_073604042~2.jpg
PXL_20230415_073558634~2.jpg
PXL_20230415_073553329~2.jpg
PXL_20230415_073545658~2.jpg
Good catch Amigo.
They should make it no problem now. :thumb:
What do you think caused it?

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Good catch Amigo.
They should make it no problem now. :thumb:
What do you think caused it?

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎
I really hope so mate. Could be a bit stuck for meds if they fail completely. I'll keep adding in some H2O2 and cross my fingers. I can only think the bottom feeding has caused it. The WWxNL has been bottom fed a few weeks less. I thought maybe my boost or PK nutes could be off but then I'd expect to see some symptoms on the WWxNL too.

Back
Top Bottom