No leads on the elusive Christmas/pine bud hey Skunkworkz? Some people said it was a variety of Northern Lights. And it's true that NL was one of the only strains we had around in BC at that time, that wasn't imported overseas bud (Thai and Jamaican)

I'd say that's exactly what Christmas bud was, Weasel, was NL, probably NL#2. NL2 pure is gone now, as far as I know now, only Sensi Seeds has it, & they combined it with NL5 to make their NL & I think they lost the NL2 mom.

Pm shanti with it, he might know and have it.. I saw a dude asking about garlic bud and shanti saying he had has the notes from nevil about it and could remake it again as still has the parents.. he might know what it is..

Hey there Weasel! I'm a little late on this one but I had been away for a while. Getting sort of caught up here and the gardens are looking nice, you got all sorts of stuff crammed in the veg tent :) Cheers to that! I will be back and forth periodically, will have to finish reading up on your journal here as well as some others!

Pm shanti with it, he might know and have it.. I saw a dude asking about garlic bud and shanti saying he had has the notes from nevil about it and could remake it again as still has the parents.. he might know what it is..

If you're a member there would you be able to take that on Grizz? It could maybe help clear up a long standing mystery and quest for a lot of people.

I'll pm him.. take couple weeks to get an answer.. I'll be back :arnie-smiley:

It's cool to hear these old terms and reminisce about the past. I haven't heard anybody talk about Christmas bud in years. :) I thought it was named that because of the time of year it was available, until I smelled it once. I remember a weed once in SE MI when I was young everybody was calling Monkey Paw because of the way the leaves curled around the ball-shaped nugs.
There was a period in the 80's in that area for about a year where nobody could cop anything (dry spell), and after that these weak hydro pots started popping up on rare occasions (2-3 times/year) I remember thinking that's the end of the gold colored hashy straw-smelling good weed. I still think to myself that of all the smells from grape to citrus to pine to sandalwood to chives to fuel to flowers I hope one day to run into a pot that smells like pot! :(

You crack me up. :laughtwo: I wasn't smoking then, so I missed out on all the stuff that was out there before I started growing just over two years ago. What smell in the terp mix is the smell of "pot?" I ask that in all seriousness, because I'm curious as to what component it might be that you all remember so fondly.

To me the smell of pot is Thai. It's what I first smoked- was always crispy dry in the bag, brown and full of seeds. I always had roaches in the pockets of my jean jacket. Not sure how I thought nobody else could smell them, but to this day the smell of Thai is just what feels right. I can sit for an hour and smell Mama Thai or Golden Tiger and somehow it goes right to the centre of my brain and activates everything. Aromatherapy. Something special about that spicy smell - it's the smell of pot, and all other pot smells are just strange offshoots to 'the real smell of pot'.

The smell of pot for me evokes memories of walking into a crowded room filled with smoke that smell nice, real nice. I can't explain the terpines SweetSue but it's like that moment when you walk past a house and you know that whoever is in there knows how to cook a meal, it just makes you happy and hungry for it when you smell it.

If there are people here that can source strains that are no longer available I'd really appreciate if you could let me know of anywhere that I can get the Plushberry phenotype that I grew out once, that to me was the smell of old school pot, such a shame that it's no longer available as far as I know.

Hope you didn't mind me asking Weasel, I know that you don't but seeing as it's your thread I thought I better at least give you a mention :rofl: Hope you are all well wherever you are, and enjoying that pot :)

No need to think twice about posting anything here. You know I love this stuff. It's connection between pot and history and nature that really gets me excited for some reason. Which is why I have a hard time focussing much about new fangled strains- unless I can somehow see the attachment to the past in it. A lot of places don't even list the genetics of their strains and just present them as some sort of candy confection product. Plants have been here longer than us, have some respect folks...

You crack me up. :laughtwo: I wasn't smoking then, so I missed out on all the stuff that was out there before I started growing just over two years ago. What smell in the terp mix is the smell of "pot?" I ask that in all seriousness, because I'm curious as to what component it might be that you all remember so fondly.

Have you ever smelled a good earthy smelling hash? Like that, mixed with the smell of straw. :dreamy:

To me the smell of pot is Thai. It's what I first smoked- was always crispy dry in the bag, brown and full of seeds. I always had roaches in the pockets of my jean jacket. Not sure how I thought nobody else could smell them, but to this day the smell of Thai is just what feels right. I can sit for an hour and smell Mama Thai or Golden Tiger and somehow it goes right to the centre of my brain and activates everything. Aromatherapy. Something special about that spicy smell - it's the smell of pot, and all other pot smells are just strange offshoots to 'the real smell of pot'.

Ah the jean jacket, if it could talk it could tell some stories. I kept the roaches in a 35mm film canister. One time, I got stopped by the police, ah bad story, Or one time in high school, nah ya dont wanna know about how I reeked up the english class, teacher was cool but read me the riot act, the teacher actually was friends with my older brother and sister. I have not thought about that jacket in a long time, good memories.

But yeah I remember 1990s christmas bud, some sort of shared memory. Pine tree sticky green bud.

Now that you said it, I gotta grow golden tiger see if it smells like hooch I remember.

Cheers :ciao:

Have you ever smelled a good earthy smelling hash? Like that, mixed with the smell of straw. :dreamy:

...lolool...50 + years ago, when I was running a substantial paper route... I took out a loan...100 bucks... on the premise of buying a new bike, and establishing a credit rating(Dad was an accountant)...bought an ounce of Lebanese Hash...sold 3/4's at 30 bucks per... kicked in ten bucks, and get my quarter cheap...that was my first... smell the difference over brick weed!...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

You guys are a riot, seriously looking like an idiot right now smiling ear to ear reading this on my phone in public... with the odd chuckle! First strain I grew just the other year was a bag seed from some Chocolate Thai I got, to say I did it NO justice would be putting it lightly... what a train wreck, ended up hermi ing on me from stress i think. But one perk was the couple hundred seeds I picked out and saved for when I got a weee bit smarter. You ve got MY taste buds watering man:thumb: and now wondering where the heck I put those seeds!?

i have no fond aroma memories revolving around pot. no bad ones either. no memories at all actually. how sad

tho i am near positive that i did not buy one single joint, nickel bag, eighth ounce, dime bag, quarter or ounce that the very first thing i did was to open er up and stick me snozz in there far as i could.

but,,

nuttin

no memories

nadda

but i hear ya weaseley,, that earthy, spicey smell of thai just gives me a measure of comfort somehow,,

no additives or preservatives

Back
Top Bottom