What is the best type of water to start with?

Yes it's perfectly fine as long as you check the ppm and the pH first to make sure it won't hurt your plants. Boiling only removes some bacteria and sitting it out only releases the chlorine from the water. You still have to worry about the remaining minerals of the water as well as the pH.

If I let my tap water sit out I do leave it open. There's a bunch of sciency stuff to it but I can't get into that right now. It is good for the plants though. I prefer well, spring or rainwater but always pH water and adjust your organics accordingly.
Denver just passed a law that it's OK to collect rainwater now. Or did that just cancel out the first law making it illegal to collect?

Just mixed my first 14L or so with about 2 ml of pH down. Took my 7.00 down to 5.74. Too bad I was just dicking around to get a feel for it... I'm still rather anxious about what water I should use for my grows.

damn it, i meant to respond to somebody in particular here. i guess you can disregard this post.

The main problem with RO is waste. I found a shop that does 2.99 5 gallon fill ups. Gets expensive but it's worth it. 3-5ppm every time. Your plant gets full nutrient ppm values without getting burned. Obviously little more cal/mag seeing it's almost eradicated in the process. This is only viable cause it's personal style size. If I was to do more than 1k worth of flo power; I'd have to look into having my own machine. eBay is good for systems that are cheap and efficient

So what traps does a guy need to watch for when getting an RO systems? I tend to way over-buy stuff myself. For instance I don't want the little tap outlet for countertop. I would only want to hook it up to the hose when I want to make water. Is this feasible?

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Bore Water? Never heard of it..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Had me wondering too lol, did a web search...appears to be a different parts of the world terminology...water out of the ground/aquifers....so well water. Well water varies on PH and PPM depending on where you are, not sure if it is a consistent factor either (like tap water doesn't vary in PH often).

Tap water and pH the hell out of it until pH level 6.5

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I've been doing a lot of reading and it seems like having a reservoir that slowly rises in pH is a normal thing. Is this true, and how often do you guys adjust? Are pH controllers worth the money and are larger reservoirs more stable?

Re: Distillation

No, distilled water would be the evaporated, condensed water collected as a result of boiling. Kinda like a by product of an extract or an extract (depending upon the substance being boiled).
The process involves at least 2 containers. One to boil, the other to catch. The 2 can be connected by glass or other high temp resistant materials such as stainless steel. This is how I understand the process. Distilled water is an affordable option for a small grow.

you can collect water from the drain o you air conditioning unit, im in florida so mine runs a lot , reccomended to run it through a cheap particle filter before use and let it sit a while as its very cold, been working great for me for many years

Back
Top Bottom