Wheelo's 3rd run - Attack of the Holy Shoots

btw guys, I am starting to gear up for my next grow.

I have another $2k+ list of stuff :thedoubletake::thedoubletake::loopy::loopy: F'n hobby is redonkulous

and that's just what I'm gonna buy, not even close to everything I want to buy. :geek:

I'll probably be able to afford to buy half of it now and the rest of it next month, so you guys can expect another journal from me sometime in march most likely.

no playing around, no experiments, no new tricks, just a straight up grow. Wheel spinning in one tent, and probably and ebb n gro in the other. . . see what CAP's got to offer in a system and compare the difficulty level of a system like that to a system like the wheel.

btw guys, I am starting to gear up for my next grow.

I have another $2k+ list of stuff :thedoubletake::thedoubletake::loopy::loopy: F'n hobby is redonkulous

HAHA, No Kidding! Wait till you get around to the Hydro that you know you've been dreaming about.. There will be no turning back! Nice Journal! Thumbs up!

lol! 10LB Burrito....

hopefully my last investment for a while. lol. so it better be a good one. but i think my list is solid.

1) (2) CAP ebb and gro's (12 site each = 24) one drum will be for pure RO and auto top off the other drum which will have the nutes, from the nute drum, one controller for the ebb and gro, one for the wheel. ($1000)
2)24 STG deluge inserts for the ebb n gro instead of hydroton. ($200)
3)Quantum dimmable ballast @ 1kw ($315)
4)1kw hps bulb ($70)
5)Fresca Sol w/ wing (this is as close to experimenting as i will get on this one) ($260) will be run on RO drum for greatest clarity and specific heat.
6)Pump for the Fresca (i searched, there are no recommended flow rates for the fresca so maybe 500gph?) ($30)
7)Light mover (thinking about a cheaper hydrofarm 6', only $100)
8)pH controller/doser for automatic pH control ($300)
9)2'x2' 8 bank t5HO light for my fridge (make it capable of veg) ($180)
10)extra pump ~300gph for my chiller ($20)
11)maybe a CO2 controller if I can afford it. ($400)
12)I want to get some Ice Box's, maybe 2, one for the wheel and one for the tent ($300 for 2)
13)6" inline fan for carbon filter ($150)
14)various tubing, ducting, tape, or anything else consumable I'll need. (>$100)

all of that wiould come to $3400 but i might pass up the co2 controller, the ice box's and save $700. $2700 would be more manageable on my wallet.

it's great when you get technical with your nute regimen.

your right that it removes the good trace minerals like cal and mag and iron. thats a bad thing if you don't add them back in, but when you start at 0 ppm or close, it's like a clean slate, then you can add whatever ratio of micros you want.

Pure RO water has little buffer like you said, but after you add nutes, its the same as tap.

I will use the RO for the fresca because any impurities in water lowers it's ability to resist change in temp (specific heat capacity) The RO should stay colder longer than tap water.

er, i'm a dirt farmer, so don't mind me, but i've read (Roseman's tutorial) that RO is hard to stabilize pH because no dissolved minerals to buffer things. Also, i haven't read carefully thru your grow to see how RO went, but what do you think?

R/o has no PPM's. Or at least mine is at that. And I've never had an issue stablizing ph. PH up and PH down take care of that. And if you mix your nutes as instructed(ex: when using G.H 3 part you mix micro first then all the others. Otherwise your utes wont mix or stablize right) and give the h2o time to level off, then correct the p.h needed. Your cool, no worries. The only reason p.h is hard to stablize is if there is a foreign additive or growth in the rez that doesnt mesh well w/ canna. Please correct me if I'm wrong..ANYONE?:ganjamon:

your right butch, but if you added pH up or down to just pure RO with out any nutes or anything, it would move fast because there is nothing to buffer. . . i think that's what tiger meant.

my RO isn't 0, its about .15-.2 EC, so 50-100 ppm. it's never been 0. . . maybe i hooked it up wrong? my tap is about .3-.35 EC. i know my boy gets 0 ppm too.

wow, nice list!

I didn't know you had room for 24 buckets.

That's gonna keep you in weed nicely.

i might only run 12 to start, I wanted the extra res for an RO top off res / and for water cooling, and I wanted the extra controller for the wheel to run off the ebb res too.

McBudz uses all 24 sites in his 8x4 tent so i'm sure they'll fit. . . I have a second tent for the wheel to go in.. . . what I am REALLY running out of is electricity. I need to move to a newer house with more breakers. The summer time will be rough if I have to use AC. This might be my last run of the wheel for a while. until i have more room, i might just want to explore an ebb n grow for a while, and that would save a 600 w hps in favor of AC for the summer heat.

yeah, I'm too generous with my weed. . . I'm already running low from my last harvest. Gotta hook up my dad and friends though.

Nice list,

Any reason you are going STG rather than hydroton? Hydroton is reusuable where STG is not. Hydroton is.. well tried and true, STG not so much in Ebb and Grow. If you see the STG thread in product reviews forum it seems you need to monkey around with it to make it work. (sits too low in the bucket)

"8)pH controller/doser for automatic pH control ($300)" -- With the right nutes this is a non-issue. I dont have to mess with my pH at all over the 10 day lifecycle of my res. GH Flora series is extremely pH stable. If you can use a measuring cup and distinguish the difference between Bloom, Micro and Grow this stuff is fool proof. These devices scare me. A malfunction 6 weeks into bloom and well could be a disaster. With all your trials and tribulations I want to see you come out on top with a great yield. I'm pulling for you.

hopefully my last investment for a while. lol. so it better be a good one. but i think my list is solid.

1) (2) CAP ebb and gro's (12 site each = 24) one drum will be for pure RO and auto top off the other drum which will have the nutes, from the nute drum, one controller for the ebb and gro, one for the wheel. ($1000)
2)24 STG deluge inserts for the ebb n gro instead of hydroton. ($200)
3)Quantum dimmable ballast @ 1kw ($315)
4)1kw hps bulb ($70)
5)Fresca Sol w/ wing (this is as close to experimenting as i will get on this one) ($260) will be run on RO drum for greatest clarity and specific heat.
6)Pump for the Fresca (i searched, there are no recommended flow rates for the fresca so maybe 500gph?) ($30)
7)Light mover (thinking about a cheaper hydrofarm 6', only $100)
8)pH controller/doser for automatic pH control ($300)
9)2'x2' 8 bank t5HO light for my fridge (make it capable of veg) ($180)
10)extra pump ~300gph for my chiller ($20)
11)maybe a CO2 controller if I can afford it. ($400)
12)I want to get some Ice Box's, maybe 2, one for the wheel and one for the tent ($300 for 2)
13)6" inline fan for carbon filter ($150)
14)various tubing, ducting, tape, or anything else consumable I'll need. (>$100)

all of that wiould come to $3400 but i might pass up the co2 controller, the ice box's and save $700. $2700 would be more manageable on my wallet.

Nice list,

Any reason you are going STG rather than hydroton? Hydroton is reusuable where STG is not. Hydroton is.. well tried and true, STG not so much in Ebb and Grow. If you see the STG thread in product reviews forum it seems you need to monkey around with it to make it work. (sits too low in the bucket)

"8)pH controller/doser for automatic pH control ($300)" -- With the right nutes this is a non-issue. I dont have to mess with my pH at all over the 10 day lifecycle of my res. GH Flora series is extremely pH stable. If you can use a measuring cup and distinguish the difference between Bloom, Micro and Grow this stuff is fool proof. These devices scare me. A malfunction 6 weeks into bloom and well could be a disaster. With all your trials and tribulations I want to see you come out on top with a great yield. I'm pulling for you.

Thanks bro, your system has been an inspiration to me.

I was gonna go STG just because it looks easy, and the product sounds good. . . I did see that they wont go all the way to the top, I figured I could just top it off with some hydroton on top to fill up the bucket.

My pH drifts up because my tap/RO comes out at about 7/6.8, so when I hook up the automatic top off, that will also bring up my pH automatically, instead of just when I top it off by hand. I figure a pH controller can counteract that. yeah another level of complexity will add a greater chance for failure, but I'm a tech freak bro. . . eventually I am going to buy an Intellidose. not now but mark my words, 420mag will see an intellidose journal from me at some point.

thanks for your support bro, I hope I succeed this round too. sitting on it, thinking about it, I am getting fairly disappointed with the performance and difficulty level of the wheel. it's just too high maintenance.

Back
Top Bottom