White Rhino - Coco - Mars II LED - Modified Lucas

Yeah, I love using maxi-powders. I measure with a scale so when I use 5.15 grams and mix with my tap water it is perfect at 5.8 and 1000ppm. But then I add all that other crap and it throws my ph off and I have to re-adjust the ph. Found that it holds ph a lot better than age old, technaflora and fox farms. Next gro I'm going to be giving another nutrient line a try... back to mixing 8 bottles at a time. Haha

Yeah, I love using maxi-powders. I measure with a scale so when I use 5.15 grams and mix with my tap water it is perfect at 5.8 and 1000ppm. But then I add all that other crap and it throws my ph off and I have to re-adjust the ph. Found that it holds ph a lot better than age old, technaflora and fox farms. Next gro I'm going to be giving another nutrient line a try... back to mixing 8 bottles at a time. Haha

you my friend are a glutton for punishment.

what nutes you gonna try?

I like trying new things and seeing how hard i can push my girls. Maybe one day I fill find the perfect way to grow... until then I plan on making lots of mistakes and killing a few more plants..haha that's why I keep a mother of my 3 favorite strains.
I'm thinking Cyco, but my buddy has some other stuff sitting in his closet he was going to give me to try out. I believe it's Nectar of the gods. After seeing his grows with Cyco, I am really excited to try it. Just not excited for the cost... that $hit is expensive!

Day 32

11 1/2 inches.

the rhino was looking bushy, so I gave it a haircut. I bonsai'd the larger upper fan leafs. leaving only the middle largest finger. I cleared out all the inner leaves that would restrict air and block light. it looks alittle haggard right now, but it will bounce back.

17_-_Copy.jpg

I tried to get a picture of its stem where I took the clones and rubbed the gel on its wounds. it has mutated and become thick and strong.

16_-_Copy.jpg

it will look much happier on Tuesdays photo shoot.

Day 35

13 inches.

today is the rhinos big day. I will flip to a 12/12 schedule.
fed it 1400 ppm @ 5.6 ph.
1/2 tsp maxi grow
1 tsp maxi bloom
3 ml silicablast
3 ml cal/mag

week_one_-_Copy.jpg

week1_-_Copy.jpg

I count nine solid bud sites including the main cola.

let's see what it does.

Day 42 from seed Day 7 of flower

17 inches tall.
17 inches wide.

SHE is filling out very well. usually at this point I would do a fairly drastic haircut and really open it up for air. this time I will not. I did some reading recently and the points made during that reading made sense to me. fan leafs = solar panels. the more light your plant can absorb, the more they can produce. they absorb light through fan leafs, not through the flowers. the fan leafs then sacrifice their energy to feed the flower. it is going to be tough, but I am going to try not to remove any leafs, unless it is obvious they are dead.

Fed today.
maxibloom 1400 ppm
silica blast 3 ml
cal/mag 2 ml
big bud 5 ml
totaled close to 1600 ppm
ph'd 5.8

20_-_Copy.jpg

19_-_Copy.jpg

18_-_Copy.jpg

my fans leaves are thinner than I was expecting, possible sativa heavy pheno? (oh god please be sativa heavy!)

hey jojo,

yeah im no expert either. I am a big hoper though.
i am also growing blue dream which is supposed to be a 60/40 sativa dominant strain. the fan leaves are twice as fat as the rhino.
/shrug

have i mentioned the stink coming from the rhino? what is up with that? reeks of afghan. i can already smell it outside the room with the door closed.
i cant wait to see what she has done by week five. i need a fast forward button.

wow my rhino is stretching a lot more than I thought it would. it's 23 inches tall.
since it has almost doubled in size during its stretching phase, I have decided to set two of the 5 inch clones to 12/12. I want to see how they would behave in a sog type of scenario. they were transplanted into 2 gallon hempy pots. I have also decided to set the blue dream to 12/12 with them. I will be flowering them under two kessil H350 magenta led lights.

21_-_Copy.jpg

20_-_Copy1.jpg

the two other rhino clones I will make into mothers. the strongest being the one I keep. the other I will set in a 5 gallon hempy.
blue dream is a slow grower. next to the rhino it is a snail. I took six clones from it. only one survived and barely at that. I will keep it around and see if it is a grower and not a shower.

two rhinos on the left, blue dream (weak) right
22_-_Copy.jpg

couple days and ill update the big girl.

hope everyone is doing well.

Thats nice mush, Im also interested in learning how different strains would behave in SOG (im trying to set up one with Aurora Indica)
thank you for sharing!
Regards.

:popcorn: subbed. good journal from the beginning. hey what's up TheRoach? This guy Mussh seems like a seasoned grower that knows what he's doing!

Vlad

:popcorn: subbed. good journal from the beginning. hey what's up TheRoach? This guy Mussh seems like a seasoned grower that knows what he's doing!

Vlad

welcome vlad!

not that seasoned sir, my first grow started in august of 2013. I went full hydro right from the start and made a ton of mistakes. I learned a lot from destroying perfectly good plants. my technique has become very simple.

wait till you see the rhino update. I swear I see trics forming already.

welcome vlad!

not that seasoned sir, my first grow started in august of 2013. I went full hydro right from the start and made a ton of mistakes. I learned a lot from destroying perfectly good plants. my technique has become very simple.

wait till you see the rhino update. I swear I see trics forming already.

experimentation through personal experience in growing is the best way. good job with all your current plants :thumb:

experimentation through personal experience in growing is the best way. good job with all your current plants :thumb:

thanks!

I am currently reading your journal and im watching you go through the same things I did. I tried three different dwc techniques before I finally threw in the towel hahaha. don't get me wrong, I eventually got some decent smoke, but it was nothing compared to what I got using coco and a simple feeding plan. I grew pineapple chunk for about a year. I was able to grow dwc and coco side by side using clones from the same mother. dwc produced more. coco produced better. my coco smoke lasted longer than the dwc smoke. it packed a better punch.

thanks!

I am currently reading your journal and im watching you go through the same things I did. I tried three different dwc techniques before I finally threw in the towel hahaha. don't get me wrong, I eventually got some decent smoke, but it was nothing compared to what I got using coco and a simple feeding plan. I grew pineapple chunk for about a year. I was able to grow dwc and coco side by side using clones from the same mother. dwc produced more. coco produced better. my coco smoke lasted longer than the dwc smoke. it packed a better punch.

Interesting observation between the 2 grow systems you've had experience with. I am doing a shallow version of DWC where the 20 liter bucket only has 6 filled, that way the root zone has more air. This grow is *MUCH* better than my last shot at DWC.
Last time it was not deficiencies, but root rot. It would be cured and then come back a 2nd time in flower, the worst time and the plant finished so small, not even 5 grams of buds. This time I have bushy white roots but deficiencies, and I think I have defeated them today just in time. We shall see friend... we shall see!

When are you going to switch to flower 12/12 schedule??

Vlad

Interesting observation between the 2 grow systems you've had experience with. I am doing a shallow version of DWC where the 20 liter bucket only has 6 filled, that way the root zone has more air. This grow is *MUCH* better than my last shot at DWC.
Last time it was not deficiencies, but root rot. It would be cured and then come back a 2nd time in flower, the worst time and the plant finished so small, not even 5 grams of buds. This time I have bushy white roots but deficiencies, and I think I have defeated them today just in time. We shall see friend... we shall see!

When are you going to switch to flower 12/12 schedule??

Vlad

root rot, been there done that. impossible with coco. *hint hint* haha. youll get curious and try it and it will change your grows forever, in a good way.

I have my main rhino in 12/12 for 12 days now. I will update her on Tuesday. want to do weekly updates on her unless something major happens.
I have also set two of her clones and the blue dream to 12/12 as of yesterday. I will do weekly updates on those every Saturday, unless something major happens.

root rot, been there done that. impossible with coco. *hint hint* haha. youll get curious and try it and it will change your grows forever, in a good way.

I have my main rhino in 12/12 for 12 days now. I will update her on Tuesday. want to do weekly updates on her unless something major happens.
I have also set two of her clones and the blue dream to 12/12 as of yesterday. I will do weekly updates on those every Saturday, unless something major happens.

If you mean using coco coir or coco chips instead of dirt, yea that was my only successful harvest in a 1 gallon pot, one 2 foot tall plant 60 grams, nice frosty buds. But, after someone told me that I grew "soil style" and I was shaming the art, I decided to go back to hydro... that happened on another pot website that starts with "roll".
Astronauts use hydro in outer space, that is the only reason I am still pursuing this circus act of juggling pH and nutrients and root zone environments. The reward will be in the smoke, and a successful journal that all the noobs can look up to.

Did you know that intense light makes the magnesium def. onset even faster? HID and LED owners suffer from it more often in hydro... the best prevention is using enough mag and maybe calcium too.
Vlad

Back
Top Bottom