White Widow & Blue Cheese First Time CFL Closet Grow

Day 10

Babies look alright, I noticed like a dimple on one of the plant leaves, not sure what it means. When would be a good time to transplant these from solo cups into 1 gallon pots?

20/4 schedule.

IMG_007727.JPG

IMG_007833.JPG

IMG_007937.JPG

IMG_008032.JPG

IMG_008134.JPG

When the plant as about the same height as the cup. If you have small drain holes in the cups, the roots will poke out of them, and that's a good indicator as well.

Thanks man, I'm looking at just going straight from solo to 5 gallon Smart Pots due to cost. And maybe add some perlite and vermiculite to it too.

Im having this dilema where the leaves in the solo cup are touching the inside of the cup and kinda bending inwards. I have these plants literally like 1 to 1.5 inches away from the CFLs. The stem doesn't seem to grow much. Should I raise the distance of the light to the plant a couple of inches to make the plant grow higher to get the light?

I would keep the lights low to minimize stretch, and keep the plants shorter, but that's just me, I have a small space. Also, it is better for root development to transplant a couple of times, unless it is an auto strain, so I would go from the cup to a 1 gallon, then to a 5 gallon. I'm sure it will be fine if you go to a 5 gallon next, and some people plant the seeds directly into the final container from the start. In the end, it's all about what works for you, and how you deal with the issues, every grower screws up from time to time.

Dank I took your advice and got some 1 or 2 gallon pots. Not sure.

IMG_008333.JPG

Today when I got home, I was checking out my plants and lifting to see the holes and I noticed a white root sticking out of 2 of the 3 plants. So I decided it was time to transplant them.

IMG_008526.JPG

IMG_008626.JPG

IMG_008729.JPG

So I drilled a couple more holes under the pots of extra drainage and cleaned them with dish-washing soap and gave it a good rinse. I broke up the Ocean Forest soil with my hands, giving it some air with each handful.

I was kinda freaking out when the soil started to fall apart and exposing more of the stem. But I crumpled the bottom of the solo cup and eventually it came out in one block. I sprinkled some water on the new soil but not alot. I was shocked to see the root mass from just a small tiny plant and was glad I transplanted today.

IMG_008823.JPG

Got all three done but did not water them. I watered them a day ago. Should I be watering it now?

Yep King, im glad I had some leftover ph 6.5 water in my reservoir, poured only a little for each pot.

Day 13

Plant 1 - Lots of bushy growth

IMG_009023.JPG
IMG_009126.JPG

Plant 2

IMG_009229.JPG
IMG_009318.JPG

Plant 3 - must be related to plant 2, they look alike

IMG_009424.JPG
IMG_009521.JPG

My Fox Farms trio is coming in tommorrow, is it too early (2 weeks from planting) to feed them some nutes?

Day 15

IMG_000282.JPG

IMG_000483.JPG

IMG_000383.JPG

Plants are looking good and growing lots of leaves.

IMG_000173.JPG

I have an window mounted ac unit in the living room which is pretty far from the intake to my closet door. I leave it on most of the time to keep temps down. Without it on, I usually get 84 - 86 degrees which I cringe sometimes. With it on I get a steady 81-82 degrees. I was looking at some ways to cool down the room on budget and found just laying trays of water around.

I also had low humidity like 30-40% range. So I since yesterday I been placing two trays of cold water and a gallon jug around the plants. I got a 3 degrees constant temp DROP! :Namaste:

IMG_000669.JPG

Are those pistils on the plant there? not sure

those are the shoots for branches coming of the main stem, you will not see pistils until your plant is either sexually mature or is in flower.

the male and female cannabis plant

Male_Female_Cannabis_Plants.jpg

the female pre flower

The_Early_Female_Preflower.jpg

female flower maturation

Female_Flowers_Maturation.jpg

Thanks guys, im gonna watch out for them.

Yesterday, I did a watering for the girls and I believe I might have over-watered it. After say 2 hours of watering it, I found the saucer under the pots to be half full with water. I was like o shit, because I never really over-watered before.

And today, after the plants 4 hours of darkness, two of them are not looking so good. I see lot more brown tips then yesterday.

IMG_000767.JPG

This is the only plant with yellowing cotyledons. Could it be this plant is losing its nutrients?

IMG_000862.JPG

This was my most healthiest looking one and its starting to get a lil yellow brown.

Temps has been 77-79 F. Humidity last night ranged from 41-71%

No nutes have been added to it yet. Could it have been me over-watering it?

make sure you do not let your plants sit in saucers with water in them or it will kill their roots. plants loosing cotyledon leaves is normal. what size pots are you using for your plants? it looks like your plants are ready to introduce 1/4 strength nutrients to them.

make sure you do not let your plants sit in saucers with water in them or it will kill their roots. plants loosing cotyledon leaves is normal. what size pots are you using for your plants? it looks like your plants are ready to introduce 1/4 strength nutrients to them.

I believe they are 1/2 gallon pots. I had some tap water sitting around in a gallon jug and I just flushed it out the sickest one so far. I tilted the pot on all sides to let all the water drain off.

Hopefully the baby recovers.

The Fox Farms trio came in today! But I think ill wait for it to recover before I add any nutes.

IMG_001345.JPG

Back
Top Bottom