White Widow - First Ever Grow Attempt

. . .

The clone has put roots down doing well and flowering under 16/8....... how odd...

. . .

Ive had an issue with the widow, i thought it was a P issue but not sure heres a pic of one of the leafs it seem random and sporadic throughout the plant

Sorry to hear about your job going south on distance and reduced hours. Life can be hard. "If life hastn't given you the blues, just live a little longer."

A clone flowering under 16/8 would make sense if the clone was of an autoflower.

I don't know deficiencies and their treatment. For a mild case like what you have, it might be a lockout. I have heard people suggest, and seen the photos, where a good flush with PH'd water clears this type of thing up in a couple of days. .

When life give you lemons, throw them at someone!

Yea the clone is confusing, its off my photoperiod white widow.... gonna leave it on 18/6 see if it eventually starts growing again..

Widow had a flush not to long ago but being so close to harvest im giving them both plain water from here on out

Yea the clone is confusing, its off my photoperiod white widow.... gonna leave it on 18/6 see if it eventually starts growing again..

I had some photoperiod clones (off mothers with pre-flowers) start flowering in the clone bucket. One of the vegging girls was growing large and blocking their light. They went back to vegging when I moved the clone bucket out of the shade and closer to the light..

Shes the only one in the cupboard atm under 70 watt of cfl's. She had a growth spurt when she got roots down but now seems to have stopped :/ ill get a picture of her, hoping for more growth as Ive got no more seeds of her and she is very nice lol

hey JollyPotta I ran about 220w of cfl's it got warm but not overly hot (I didnt have a thermometer at the time) all i did was open the door for a bit during the day let some fresh air in but its didnt hurt leaving it closed either :) my cupboard is smaller than yours so I cant see you having an issue, a fan for circulation is always good

You could get away with a smaller bulb, ive got a clone in veg under 70w if I had more id give it more though. 200/250 with reflector would do the job but check the lumen outputs and kelvins on them if you can, higher the lumens that better.

Also my outtake is almost whisper quiet

with cfl its best to have them close to the plant so within a few inches,if it were my light id see what area the reflector covered but you got to remember youll need to raise it as the plant grows. Id probably be happy doing 3 maybe 4

I had multiple danglers haha

IMAG018024.jpg

Probably why I got away with a lower wattage as I had a good light spread, cfl doesnt penetrate as well as HID or LED so side lighting is very helpful.

Short and bushy sounds ideal, best thing is to jump in and learn isnt it :) if i had your setup id probably be looking at 4 danglers on each corner to make sure theres light on the bits the reflector might not hit.

You'll have to factor in the inverse square law as well (yay physics haha) Intensity will decrease as distance increases. Doubling the distance quarters the intensity So hypothetically say the side closest of the plant was 1ft away and receiving the full 300watts the part of the plant 2ft away from the source would receive 75watts (you've also got the fact that the light source is 1ft away to start with to factor in)

Ive sent you a pm, cfl is useful I know some people have looked down on it but ive got a full cfl grow done and can see its benefits

Back
Top Bottom