Will these fatten?

In the long run, I would look at the cost of running ineffcient setup to one that would deliver the proper amount of light to produce some tight bud.

look at a 250w rig with dimming when you feel like upgrading. it would do two plants in a micro grow nicely. you can't do the same with an equivalent amount of those bulbs. they're just not meant for it.

alternately you could look into space buckets. there's some great designs.

6500k is pretty blue. flower is from 2700k to 3500k.

look at a 250w rig with dimming when you feel like upgrading. it would do two plants in a micro grow nicely. you can't do the same with an equivalent amount of those bulbs. they're just not meant for it.

Just aimed for full spectrum/ natural daylight throughout the life cycle .

In fact this article says 2700-3000 is not the ideal colour temp to mimic natural daylight.

DC72DDC1-8A4F-4FFB-B475-29F61EA0639D.png

Thanks. Will keep this saved for future reference when I want to upgrade. Cheers!

if that is the sum total of the light pictured it might not have had enough to drive it. media also looks a bit dense which may have bottled the nutes and triggered it early. i've had that happen before.

was this an indoor/outdoor grow ?

the buds are built of calyxes upon calyxes. plant is as big as it's gonna get, but it could fill in a bit better yet.
On an extended note: should I strip leaves/ defoliate? Will that help the plant concentrate on the buds or stress it instead?

On an extended note: should I strip leaves/ defoliate? Will that help the plant concentrate on the buds or stress it instead?
Yeah, I agree with the previous comment, the leaves are the powerhouse of the plant, I wouldn't touch them on that plant. From previous experience on growing other plants than cannabis, I know when a plant isn't getting enough light, it gets "leggy" and stretches out to much and is light green in color. That don't seem to be the case in your grow, so I'm not sure light is the cause of the small plants. Maybe soil/ nutes? That soil looks heavy and packed down/ wet. My money would be on poor soil causing root rot or at least poor root development.

lotta clear a some milky and the occasional amber. looks a ways to go. general rule is 10% amber and the rest milky on most plants.

you can try a few different levels as you progress on your grows to see if you like more amber or less. the effects can be different.

Yeah thought so too. But surprised that amber and clear coexist in that high a proportion!
lotta clear a some milky and the occasional amber. looks a ways to go. general rule is 10% amber and the rest milky on most plants.

you can try a few different levels as you progress on your grows to see if you like more amber or less. the effects can be different.

Yeah thought so too. But surprised that amber and clear coexist in that high a proportion!

make sure you're looking at trichomes on the buds themselves and not the sugar leaves.

In the long run, I would look at the cost of running ineffcient setup to one that would deliver the proper amount of light to produce some tight bud.
Tighter buds, more buds and better quality. That has to be the number one reason so many pick growing a weed as a hobby.

Agreed. But I’m more of a hobby grower. If and when I do want to do it at a bigger scale, I will invest
In all the hobbies I have had myself or seen others participating in, the one thing I notice is that quality is just as important as it is for those who are attempting something at a larger scale.

Trying to get around that will almost always end up in disappointment about how much time and money the hobby actually costs.

Tighter buds, more buds and better quality. That has to be the number one reason so many pick growing a weed as a hobby.

In all the hobbies I have had myself or seen others participating in, the one thing I notice is that quality is just as important as it is for those who are attempting something at a larger scale.

Trying to get around that will almost always end up in disappointment about how much time and money the hobby actually costs.

agree. i know folk that gave up because a half-assed attempt delivered half-assed results.

From previous experience on growing other plants than cannabis, I know when a plant isn't getting enough light, it gets "leggy" and stretches out to much and is light green in color. That don't seem to be the case in your grow, so I'm not sure light is the cause of the small plants. Maybe soil/ nutes?
This is what I'm thinking... something is amiss with nutrients, mainly, and there could also be issues with watering and drainage.

@guerrillabalconygrower wrote:
It’s organic dry amended soil. No extra Nutes. Haven’t given any nitrogen feed for a good 2-3 weeks now. Only give it an organic bloom booster and seaweed extract every week
Hello my friend, what's your soil composition? What's the NPK? During veg what were you feeding?

Sugar leaves appear amber even to the naked eye. I hope I don’t harvest a CBD only plant!
Euforia Auto has mid-range THC, probably around 17%, and probably very little to no CBD. Trichome color has nothing to do with CBD content. With a THC strain like this, trichome color corresponds to the type of high you'll get: here's good info about trichome color. Also, it's best to check trichome color on the bud itself (bracts), not the sugar leaves.

If the Euforia Auto seed you are using isn't Dutch-Passion, the seller may have claimed CBD content. Fyi, here's a sample Euforia Auto grow for comparison.

happy growing! 🌱

This is what I'm thinking... something is amiss with nutrients, mainly, and there could also be issues with watering and drainage.

@guerrillabalconygrower wrote:

Hello my friend, what's your soil composition? What's the NPK? During veg what were you feeding?
Just as the leggy plants due to insufficient light is true, so must be the converse. If light intensity is plenty and light source close enough, the plant may not have an incentive to grow tall. Add the fact that I've purposely LST'd the plant to be a lot more horizontal given my LED bulb setup.

I follow Emilya's guide on watering plants.

The soil, manure & vermicompost do not have any NPK values but the aim was always to go the organic route. The base, store-bought potting soil is clay heavy so have augmented it with perlite roughly 3:1. Have fed it Orange peel powder fertiliser (for Nitrogen) once during veg. Other feeds include seaweed extract and an organic bloom booster.

For comparison, sharing pic of a sativa landrace I'm growing. While not a giant, it's still quite a bit taller than the Euphoria auto. In fact, another Euphoria I've planted is barely 8 inches tall and has a 2-3 inch tiny bud. It could well be that I have purchased a bad batch/ bad genetics. We have barely 2 Autoflower sellers in the entire country. So you get what you get.

Also pictured is a Bluberry Kush auto bud from my previous grow. Small. but tight. Using the same soil, water & nutrients.

tempImagerKGQVa.png

tempImageoT7siv.png

Back
Top Bottom