Woodsman's Northern Light #5 Grow

I got one plant that acts like my wife on this grow. I want nutes, oh that's too much, I need more light, oh that's too hot, can you turn up the humidity please, no higher! LOL! She'll still probably be my best plant! Go figure!

Maybe, somewhere back in time, in a different place and galaxy they were distantly related! LOL Do not show your wife this post!:yahoo::ganjamon:

Just got caught up on the thread. Love the ingenuity with the homemade grow room. Kind of make me wish i hadn't spent 400 bucks on a tent...i also like guys who grow with no budgets. They show that you don't "need" multi thousand dollar setups to grow quality herb.

Just got caught up on the thread. Love the ingenuity with the homemade grow room. Kind of make me wish i hadn't spent 400 bucks on a tent...i also like guys who grow with no budgets. They show that you don't "need" multi thousand dollar setups to grow quality herb.

Welcome to my grow Nicademus. It is always nice to meet new faces, thanks for stopping over, Hope you visit often.

Thanks for the compliments on the ''homemade'ness' of my tent and such. Someone with more DIY ability would have come up with a better plan and built a much better tent. I am not the most adept at it! Did not have much choice in materials mostly used what I could find around the house and some low $$ items when necessary.

I don't know if you need thousands, but maybe a few hundred $ to have the essentials and most important, as I am finding out now, the grow maintenance items that are very necessary to have if you want the absolute best outcome.

Here welcome to the group, have a hit or three....
:passitleft:

That's ok if I miss one it has a way of reminding me. Just takes a little green inspiration to do an inventory. Calms the mind and the soul and things become clearer.
When I have too much 'green inspiration' I tend to 'forget' my blessings!LOL:hmmmm:

Congrats on the girl and your doing awesome plus u can always post pics on my page brother

I worked on that update quite abit to refine and reword etc. then I got distracted (LOL) here and went on to something else. eventually I get back to my thread and I don't see my post (w/pic) anywhere! WTF, I'm thinkin, "what happened did I not post it after writing it?" Then I started the motor upstairs :)hmmmm:) and thought,"could I have posted it on someone elses thread? I had several open on the toolbar. I started backtracking until there it was. all nice and cozy on your thread! I went to edit (thank G*d for 'edit') and although it wouldn't let me get away with taking everything off at least I was able to copy and paste to my thread.
Embarrassing! That my friend was a direct result of not having 'enough', mind clearing med!LOL

That is great bro that she turned out a she...:ganjamon: You know what I mean...

:peace: brother!

Thanks bro. I am quite releived. that part of the journey is over and now the 'fun' stuff begins!

On my next watering later today or tomorrow the latest (don't want to over-water) I'll be adding the prescribed doseage of the hydrated lime. I was wondering, and you Mountain are the 'Molasses Man' or better yet, 'The Man From Molasses" (this should always be said with a Latin accent). Like the guy in the Most Interesting Man in the World' commercials! Sounds better and you will get better mileage. .......:ganjamon: Anyway back to 'this world', Could I add my molasses to this pH boost? Or would that defeat the whole purpose and keep the pH down? Your thoughts, 'Molasses Man'?

:reading420magazine:

Welcome to my grow Nicademus. It is always nice to meet new faces, thanks for stopping over, Hope you visit often.

Thanks for the compliments on the ''homemade'ness' of my tent and such. Someone with more DIY ability would have come up with a better plan and built a much better tent. I am not the most adept at it! Did not have much choice in materials mostly used what I could find around the house and some low $$ items when necessary.

I don't know if you need thousands, but maybe a few hundred $ to have the essentials and most important, as I am finding out now, the grow maintenance items that are very necessary to have if you want the absolute best outcome.

Here welcome to the group, have a hit or three....
:passitleft:

When I have too much 'green inspiration' I tend to 'forget' my blessings!LOL:hmmmm:

I worked on that update quite abit to refine and reword etc. then I got distracted (LOL) here and went on to something else. eventually I get back to my thread and I don't see my post (w/pic) anywhere! WTF, I'm thinkin, "what happened did I not post it after writing it?" Then I started the motor upstairs :)hmmmm:) and thought,"could I have posted it on someone elses thread? I had several open on the toolbar. I started backtracking until there it was. all nice and cozy on your thread! I went to edit (thank G*d for 'edit') and although it wouldn't let me get away with taking everything off at least I was able to copy and paste to my thread.
Embarrassing! That my friend was a direct result of not having 'enough', mind clearing med!LOL

Thanks bro. I am quite releived. that part of the journey is over and now the 'fun' stuff begins!

On my next watering later today or tomorrow the latest (don't want to over-water) I'll be adding the prescribed doseage of the hydrated lime. I was wondering, and you Mountain are the 'Molasses Man' or better yet, 'The Man From Molasses" (this should always be said with a Latin accent). Like the guy in the Most Interesting Man in the World' commercials! Sounds better and you will get better mileage. .......:ganjamon: Anyway back to 'this world', Could I add my molasses to this pH boost? Or would that defeat the whole purpose and keep the pH down? Your thoughts, 'Molasses Man'?

:reading420magazine:

I believe the only time molasses would be harmful is if your beneficial's are dead or if you put too much, I never seem to have built up, the flush I ran on Lilbit came out kinda darkish first gallon, second was almost clear. So I stopped. Yeah I add it in my entire bloom cycle except when I nute. I discontinued when I flushed, all she gets is water from now on, til I cut in 11 days.

:peace: from the candy mountain. :ganjamon:

Hey Mountain, I read your post 'after' I was already there. Whe I opened the tent up I was shocked. Big Girl who had been doing so good lately, was a little limp, but she was due for a good water/nuting! The problem was here leaves. They were having some sort of issue. Not sure but hoping that it is just from me spraying the foliage and not because of some deficiency. I will take some photos later. Everything had been a little pale lately (N maybe).

OK so I went ahead with my feeding for all. Also not sure if it is 'kosher' to add the hydrated lime together with the ferts? Well I did it anyway. (I'm impulsive sometimes) and it worked! My pH was at 6.9 on Fatleaf and Big Girl (will be changing all the names) before it was at 6.2 - 6.3. My new girl who is normally the problem was at 6.0 prior to application and was 6.7 after. What I used as far as hydrated lime was 1 teaspoon per gal on the first two plants and 1/2 tsp on the pain in the a** girl (edit: it's the opposite). This was Be IRIE's recipe that I found esrlier today (believe it was from today). The instructions on the bag called for a tablespoon per gal to raise pH in potted plants. I also did a soup of 1/2 strength FFTB and 1/4 emulsion (N), but I left out the molasses (should have waited for you to post).

Alright so I've got the pH up to good levels. But now I've got another issue here with maybe some deficiencies possibly. I 'll try to identify or match it after I do some investigating online. I'll most likely take some pics and post them later this evening. Let you guys know what I matched it too. If I could.:thumb:

Never had this problem with leaf degradation before.

Hey Mountain, I read your post 'after' I was already there. Whe I opened the tent up I was shocked. Big Girl who had been doing so good lately, was a little limp, but she was due for a good water/nuting! The problem was here leaves. They were having some sort of issue. Not sure but hoping that it is just from me spraying the foliage and not because of some deficiency. I will take some photos later. Everything had been a little pale lately (N maybe).

OK so I went ahead with my feeding for all. Also not sure if it is 'kosher' to add the hydrated lime together with the ferts? Well I did it anyway. (I'm impulsive sometimes) and it worked! My pH was at 6.9 on Fatleaf and Big Girl (will be changing all the names) before it was at 6.2 - 6.3. My new girl who is normally the problem was at 6.0 prior to application and was 6.7 after. What I used as far as hydrated lime was 1 teaspoon per gal on the first two plants and 1/2 tsp on the pain in the a** girl (edit: it's the opposite). This was Be IRIE's recipe that I found esrlier today (believe it was from today). The instructions on the bag called for a tablespoon per gal to raise pH in potted plants. I also did a soup of 1/2 strength FFTB and 1/4 emulsion (N), but I left out the molasses (should have waited for you to post).

Alright so I've got the pH up to good levels. But now I've got another issue here with maybe some deficiencies possibly. I 'll try to identify or match it after I do some investigating online. I'll most likely take some pics and post them later this evening. Let you guys know what I matched it too. If I could.:thumb:

Never had this problem with leaf degradation before.

Sorry to hear about the problem bro, hope it is easy to diagnose and fix. Keep us posted bro! I am sure any number of people will be here to help.

:peace: bro.

OK here are some pics of leaf problems I'm having with Big Girl and #4.

Background:
Big Girl had a pH of 6.3 and after a feeding earlier today of flower nutes, a little bit of fish emulsion ( for some needed Nitrogen). Included with those nutes I also raised the pH to 6.9 with hydrated lime.

I'm hoping that some of the yellowing and spotting may be die to foliage feeding with nutes or from being under-canopy and suffering from inadequate light penetration.

Please take a look and what do you think? After we'll look at plant #4.

- Big Girl as she looks now and as she looked before her feeding earlier today. Very limp. She was in need of the water/feeding this morning and was scheduled for today.
The following the pic of her canopy are a few leaf shots. I picked just a couple of fan leaves to show (not all leaves are like these) The spotted one has light the yellowing one is undercanopy.

DSCF001412.JPG

yellowing and spots (undercanopy fans)
DSCF00138.JPG

These next two shots are from the same leaf, it gets medium light exposure. As with much of the plants, somewhat pale looking (added Nitrogen today)
DSCF000721.JPG

DSCF000915.JPG

I'll post these now and upload #4's pics to follow.

Alright here is Plant #4. The only leaf issues are on some new growth on newly emerging bud sites from lower down and are now exposed to full light. Only part of of this plant now that concerns me. The issue with it's low soil pH of 6.0 is now fixed (after adding nutes and hydrated lime earlier today, the pH is 6.7)

The first pic is of the front of the plant and it actually looks good in this shot.
DSCF001812.JPG

Take a look at this and let me know if ya got any ideas. I'm hoping that is from foliage feeding, but something tells me none of this is!
DSCF000135.JPG

Last pic is of Fatleaf and she is fine except that she is a little pale although she has always looked like this. No leaf issues here! She is the most progressive of the plants as far as female buds go.
DSCF00176.JPG

If I had to guess bro I would guess low ph, and I hope someone else comes by like Setting Sun or BE IRIE or someone who will look and say for sure.

But I think you might of solved your problem already. Low PH in soil locks out Nitrogen, MG and more. That looks like an Mg def or Nitrogen and MG...is why I think it is the ph.

I hope so anyway bro! You could message the grow guys, I am sure they would come diagnose it.

:peace: brother, hoping for a quick recovery.

Wood....I would love to say I know is ailing your girls, but I would be totally blowing smoke so I will let the experts chime in. I do know that you can get some burning with foliar feeds...both from the nutes themselves and/or from light magnification and heating from the drops left standing on the leaves. Sounds like the lime is working...pH's look good. I do have a question, how big are the pots you are growing in?

If I had to guess bro I would guess low ph, and I hope someone else comes by like Setting Sun or BE IRIE or someone who will look and say for sure.

But I think you might of solved your problem already. Low PH in soil locks out Nitrogen, MG and more. That looks like an Mg def or Nitrogen and MG...is why I think it is the ph.

I hope so anyway bro! You could message the grow guys, I am sure they would come diagnose it.

:peace: brother, hoping for a quick recovery.

Thanks Mountain, If I don't figure it out I will contact Grow support. Ceck out the photo in the link I gave above and look at the Pic for Calcium Def.. I wonder if my feeding today and with the addition of the hydrated lime would help out? Like you said, with the good pH now perhaps The plants will be on the mend. Well see.

Wood....I would love to say I know is ailing your girls, but I would be totally blowing smoke so I will let the experts chime in. I do know that you can get some burning with foliar feeds...both from the nutes themselves and/or from light magnification and heating from the drops left standing on the leaves. Sounds like the lime is working...pH's look good. I do have a question, how big are the pots you are growing in?

Not sure exactly but I believe in the 2.5 to 3 gallon range. I was wondering about that also (Big Girl is getting rather Big).

Back
Top Bottom