Freidog's - Soil - Northern Lights Under 400W LED

Hey Freidog, Just subbed into this.. I'm also a shower grower, and I can't wait to see how it goes for you! I find the temps in my shower are a lot lower than my master bedroom closet, which I'm using as a flower room (plants are sharing with my clothes!!). Your girls look good...I'm flowering NL's also, and I just started 4 autos in my shower.

I support ya! Nice job!!
In my tent which kind of fan/filter do you recommend?
I need separate ones for intake/exhaust. One for mites and one for smell
There are many types to chose from.
My system is 8"

Thanks Dutchess!

I'm in Europe, so the brands I have are surely different than in the US. I use an active charcoal filter for exhaust from a company called Prima Klima (German) but it looks similar to the active filters I've seen elsewhere.

Piping is 125mm (about 5") and the filter and the fan are rated at 360 cubic meters per hour -- I think that makes 212 cu ft per min.

Since you live in the US, you might get better advice from someone else in the forum as far as brands go!

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey Freidog, Just subbed into this.. I'm also a shower grower, and I can't wait to see how it goes for you! I find the temps in my shower are a lot lower than my master bedroom closet, which I'm using as a flower room (plants are sharing with my clothes!!). Your girls look good...I'm flowering NL's also, and I just started 4 autos in my shower.

Thanks for joining me!!! Glad to have you along for the ride, Willy!

BTW Willy, I read about your uncertainly in LED during your flower. How are they doing now? During my last grow with these LEDs (can't mention the brand here :) but they're 405W drawing 245W) I was really happy with the results. Two ladies in a SCROG in a 2.5 x 2.5 cabinet that yielded about 100g each -- and that was with some growing mistakes!

BTW Willy, I read about your uncertainly in LED during your flower. How are they doing now? During my last grow with these LEDs (can't mention the brand here :) but they're 405W drawing 245W) I was really happy with the results. Two ladies in a SCROG in a 2.5 x 2.5 cabinet that yielded about 100g each -- and that was with some growing mistakes!

Hi, I ended up adding a 1200w LED (not sponsored light) to my 2 300w LED's (cheap Chinese unknown brand), and noticed a difference immediately! Today they started 5 weeks in flower and they are doing great. On my autos that are vegging, I changed out the 300w LED (Chinese unknown manufacturer) to a Mars Hydro 600w and those girls perked up within and hour. Your plants are coming along nicely!

BTW, this is my second grow. My first grow ended badly with my lone surviving plant going hermie on me....lots of lessons learned about the strength of LED's and the amount of abuse a plant can take!

Hi, I ended up adding a 1200w LED (not sponsored light) to my 2 300w LED's (cheap Chinese unknown brand), and noticed a difference immediately! Today they started 5 weeks in flower and they are doing great. On my autos that are vegging, I changed out the 300w LED (Chinese unknown manufacturer) to a Mars Hydro 600w and those girls perked up within and hour. Your plants are coming along nicely!

BTW, this is my second grow. My first grow ended badly with my lone surviving plant going hermie on me....lots of lessons learned about the strength of LED's and the amount of abuse a plant can take!

There are "natural" hermies, but most common reason is due to stress. If you had a hermie, you should double-check to make sure you have NO light leaks in your tent/cabinet! Also, check temps and other environmentals. :Namaste:

There are "natural" hermies, but most common reason is due to stress. If you had a hermie, you should double-check to make sure you have NO light leaks in your tent/cabinet! Also, check temps and other environmentals. :Namaste:

Yeah, I really beat up that plant bad! Light leaks, constant changing light schedules (veg to flower then back to veg, then to flower). Cutting too many fan leaves. It really got hammered when I added a 1600w LED over it when it was used to 300w. Hermied within one hour. Broke my heart, but I learned a lot of lessons!!

Yeah, I really beat up that plant bad! Light leaks, constant changing light schedules (veg to flower then back to veg, then to flower). Cutting too many fan leaves. It really got hammered when I added a 1600w LED over it when it was used to 300w. Hermied within one hour. Broke my heart, but I learned a lot of lessons!!

Yeah, that would do it - for BOTH the hermying AND the lessons! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Charcoal filter for exhaust?
Can filter for intake?

Assuming you have good enough exhaust (which I HIGHLY recommend!), you don't need an intake fan, at all. Just use the carbon filter for the exhaust and have intake ventillation. The goal (to eliminate odor) is to create "negative pressure" in the tent/cabinet forcing all the air through the carbon filter. On my tent, you can see the sides visibly "sucked in".

If your exhaust is good, the intake fan won't do much and, if your intake is stronger than your exhaust, you'll create positive pressure and non-filtered air will be forced out of the cabinet and smell up the room. :yummy:

Assuming you have good enough exhaust (which I HIGHLY recommend!), you don't need an intake fan, at all. Just use the carbon filter for the exhaust and have intake ventillation. The goal (to eliminate odor) is to create "negative pressure" in the tent/cabinet forcing all the air through the carbon filter. On my tent, you can see the sides visibly "sucked in".

If your exhaust is good, the intake fan won't do much and, if your intake is stronger than your exhaust, you'll create positive pressure and non-filtered air will be forced out of the cabinet and smell up the room. :yummy:

My intake/exhaust is going to be two separate damperd roof jacks.
All 8". I have MH hoods that are 8" and might go to MH from LED later on.
Charcoal filter and fan for out take.....Filter then fan in tent then duct out to roof jack? Correct?
Intake needs filter for mites.... which kind filter/fan and how is set up?
I understand out take but what about intake for mites?
Out take will be good 8" fan and carbon filter inside tent duct out to damperd roof jack! YES!!
Intake for mites is..............please help!

Go to that Amazin' online store and look for "GrowBright Double Layer 8 Inch Duct Filter".

It's a cheap/simply cover that fits over your intake:

71fdA1gWc3L._SL1000_.jpg

You can configure the fan/filter to either push or pull air through the filter. Most efficient is pulling, so filter, to fan, to exhaust out of tent would be my recommendation.

Go to that Amazin' online store and look for "GrowBright Double Layer 8 Inch Duct Filter".

It's a cheap/simply cover that fits over your intake:

71fdA1gWc3L._SL1000_.jpg

You can configure the fan/filter to either push or pull air through the filter. Most efficient is pulling, so filter, to fan, to exhaust out of tent would be my recommendation.

Great! was told that a GOOD intake filter for mites is important. Is this one adequate? I would think it mounts outside the tent? before intake enters the tent has filter than fan?
Ive got Out Take exhaust system down for MH but will be using LED's
With LED's I only need 1 fan pulling? The out take filter/fan will pull air through tent from intakes roof jack through the open tent? Theres no ducting connecting the two by the hoods with LED's like MH. Help!!

It is looking great up in here Freidog! Plants are looking amazingly healthy, how is the LED panels with regards to the power consumption?

Hey Pat! Welcome to my grow! Thanks for the encouragement!

The lights are drawing about 240W, although I've decided to upgrade to another panel for more coverage. Happy with the consumption so far!

Back
Top Bottom