Freidog's - Soil - Northern Lights Under 400W LED

Girls are looking great. I'll be watching as you continue. I'm about to start my first grow using leds so I'm looking to learn as much as possible. Keep up the good work.

I had noticed some of the lower leaves which were tucked in had turned yellow. Here is a pic (albeit it's from today so the leaf has wrinkled up quite a bit):
DSC0030816.jpg

Can anybody help me with this? Any deficiency?
I had an increasing problem with lower leaves turning yellow exactly like that. To a point it's normal but not when it's spreading up the plant like it was on mine. My girl had used up a lot of the soil nutrients and was diverting what nutrients there were to the new growth up top. Started nutes with small amounts of epsom salt and the yellowing slowed considerably, now I think it's at a normal rate. I leave yellowing leaves attached until completely yellow, the plant uses the stored nutrients and carbohydrates.

I had an increasing problem with lower leaves turning yellow exactly like that. To a point it's normal but not when it's spreading up the plant like it was on mine. My girl had used up a lot of the soil nutrients and was diverting what nutrients there were to the new growth up top. Started nutes with small amounts of epsom salt and the yellowing slowed considerably, now I think it's at a normal rate. I leave yellowing leaves attached until completely yellow, the plant uses the stored nutrients and carbohydrates.

Thanks. I haven't noticed much spreading, but I will be having a closer look tonight when I adjust the training wheels on the girls.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

The girls look awesome on Day 34! No signs of any other lower fan leaves turning yellow!

Tightened up the chains on the LST again today...still planning on flipping into flower on Saturday as the horizontal room is getting tight. Here some pics from today after tightening the training wheels:

Class Photo:
DSC0032014.jpg

The Runt:
DSC0032111.jpg

Medusa:
DSC0032216.jpg

Jane:
DSC0032311.jpg

I also took a close-up of the home-made clips I've been using for LST. I took cheap plastic chain links and cut a short piece of one side out with pliers. I wrap a wire around the plastic chain link and the wire attaches to screws in the pot. This allows me to hook the chain link into the branches easily.
DSC0032414.jpg

Looking forward to some good smoke in about 8-9 weeks!

Hey everybody! Posting a day late, but the girls looked great yesterday on Day 36!

They got some feeding again:

The Runt In: 3300ml @ EC 990 pH 6.3 Run-off: 50ml @ EC 1360 pH 6.3
Jane In: 3300ml @ EC 990 pH 6.3 Run-off: 400ml @ EC 1330 pH 6.3
Medusa In: 3300ml @ EC 990pH 6.3 Run-off: 400ml @ EC 1375 pH 6.2

Looks like the soil is getting much less hot as the EC delta between in and run-off is flattening out. Growth is still very good. Here are some pics from yesterday about 3 hours after watering:

DSC0033112.jpg
DSC0033311.jpg
DSC0033414.jpg
DSC0033513.jpg
DSC0033613.jpg
DSC0033711.jpg
DSC0033812.jpg
DSC0033911.jpg

Wait! Is that the Runt bigger than Medusa?

I'm sure they like stretching up finally.:high-five:

Yup! The Runt has been catching up in the past two weeks and is taller and broader than Medusa. Had a quick look in this morning and all three were happily reaching their arms to the sky! Growing is such a great hobby!

Freidog's Soil Northern Lights Under 400W LED

About two weeks ago it occurred to me why I wasn't using our large garden for an (albeit short) outdoor grow? I decided to order some new seeds from Royal Queen. Among them was also an Auto called "Quick One" which should be done in about 9 weeks. Seeds: Quick One

I germinated two seeds on Monday, put them in their pots on Wednesday and today one of them poked their heads out:

420-magazine-mobile606410628.jpg

Happy Birthday!

Just going to see what comes out of this. My main focus is still on the indoor Northern Lights staring Medusa, Jane and The Runt!

Re: Freidog's Soil Northern Lights under 400W LED - Day 13

Repotted on day 13 and set up the plants in their new "home". As you can see, I've converted the shower cabinet to the grow cabinet and have suspended the pots in the middle. This allows me to measure the run-off a bit easier.

DSC0020417.jpg

All three girls are looking good and have adjusted to their new pots quickly:

Medusa:
DSC0020817.jpg

Jane:
DSC0020514.jpg

The Runt:
DSC0020614.jpg

I was a bit concerned about the run-off today as it was measuring at an EC of 2700!!! Never had that before in my last grows, but them again I wasn't paying so much attention to EC at this stage in either of the previous grows. Can it be that the soil has this many nutes in it already and the measure is so high because of the fact that it's brand new soil?

I dont know what EC is but I know FF O.Forest is strong at first. I will trouble shoot the soil situation before I start my next grow, inside in a tent. Probably do a mix of FF and reg. potting soil. I will have to buy and install intake fan/filter and exhaust fan/filter and ducting is 8". By reading your thread bigger and better quality fan/filter is best? So my idea of 8" is good but I cant cut corners on a fan. Get a good one. Already know get top notch filters but I guess quality fans are needed too. Thanks

I dont know what EC is but I know FF O.Forest is strong at first. I will trouble shoot the soil situation before I start my next grow, inside in a tent. Probably do a mix of FF and reg. potting soil. I will have to buy and install intake fan/filter and exhaust fan/filter and ducting is 8". By reading your thread bigger and better quality fan/filter is best? So my idea of 8" is good but I cant cut corners on a fan. Get a good one. Already know get top notch filters but I guess quality fans are needed too. Thanks

EC is another measurement of PPM in a solution. It measure the Electric Conductivity of the solution. There is a direct conversion (actually, I believe TWO different conversions!). :cheesygrinsmiley:

EC is another measurement of PPM in a solution. It measure the Electric Conductivity of the solution. There is a direct conversion (actually, I believe TWO different conversions!). :cheesygrinsmiley:

Yup! Just like US Gallons and Imperial Gallons, we want the world to be on their toes at all times. There are indeed two conversions. I think in the US 1 EC (1000 microS/sec) = 700 ppm. So in my case 2.7 EC is about 1800 ppm.

Hi Duchess, thanks for stopping by! The question about the fan and exhaust depends on the size of your tent or grow room. How big is the space you need to ventilate? Where is it?

If you do a google search for inline duct fans, there's a calculator on most sites that you can use to punch in your grow space specifications and the calculator will tell you how powerful of a fan you need for your space. Doesn't hurt to get one a bit more powerful than required just in case you expand your space.

Sent from my iPhone using 420

Yup! Just like US Gallons and Imperial Gallons, we want the world to be on their toes at all times. There are indeed two conversions. I think in the US 1 EC (1000 microS/sec) = 700 ppm. So in my case 2.7 EC is about 1800 ppm.

Actually, this is something VERY good to point out to the newer growers because IF you're going to convert EC to PPM (or vice versa) it's critical to know the conversion factor that your specific EC/PPM meter is using.

For example, 1 EC on a Hanna meter is only 500 PPM but on a Truncheon it's 700 PPM.

Hi Duchess, thanks for stopping by! The question about the fan and exhaust depends on the size of your tent or grow room. How big is the space you need to ventilate? Where is it?

The size of the tent is 5x9. Im going to run 8" for all. The hoods I have are 8" ports but I probably be going LED. Maybe two 1000w King Plus. I will need separate fan/filters for intake and exhaust with the LED's and not sure which kind to get yet and all I know so far is go expensive. Im running separate roof jacks for each. Any ideas? If only done a few yard grows. Im green but good!
Heres this years yard grow!
20160706_072559.jpg
20160706_071352.jpg
20160705_132152.jpg

Evenin' everybody!

Short update on the ladies from today (Day 40)-- they're doing great! The temps have been a bit high here in Germany over the past days (over 30C) and that's made the temps in the grow room rise to about 26-27C when lights on. The girls have been thirsty and you could tell by the weight of their pots! They got fed again tonight (4 days since last feeding):

The Runt In: 3300ml @ EC 1060 pH 6.3 Run-off: 25ml @ EC 1450 pH 6.4 (very thirsty today!!!)
Jane In: 3300ml @ EC 1060 pH 6.3 Run-off: 250ml @ EC 1250 pH 6.3
Medusa In: 3300ml @ EC 1060 pH 6.3 Run-off: 150ml @ EC 1440 pH 6.2

I've decided to let them veg one more week. I looked at the calendar and they would be due to be harvested in the second week of September. I'm out of the country then, so I'm going to drag the flowering period out one week.

Here are some pics from tonight. Thanks again for everyone who's been following and supporting me!!!

DSC003409.jpg
DSC0034112.jpg
DSC003428.jpg
DSC0034314.jpg
DSC0034410.jpg
DSC0034515.jpg
DSC0034613.jpg
DSC0034715.jpg

Back
Top Bottom