Xenon's First Grow! - Autos - Blue Dream - AK & LSD25

Looking good man:thumb:

The yellowing you're experiencing probably isn't N def the early, more likely to be light burn - try raising the light to 3' above the canopy and gradually move it closer, then they'll stretch more aswell.
I've the same problem with seedlings too close to the ground and I've raised my light and it seems to help.

Maybe I missed it, but what light schedule are you running?

EDIT* Having a circulation fan blowing directly at the plants when they're this young can also ''burn'' them.

Lights are currently running at 24 hours, for now. I plan to move them to 18/6 in a week or so.

Also, thank you for the tip about fans blowing directly on them. I'm trying to keep the temps closer to the soil down, and I've had a few people recommend blowing air on them. I'll probably move the fan now and see if I notice anything in the next few days.
Lights were at 2 feet, I moved them up 6 inches.

Auto Ak - 9 days old
21716_-_autoak.jpg

LSD-25 - 10 days old
21716_-_lsd25.jpg

Blue Dream Auto - 3 days
21716_-_bluedream.jpg

Your ak looks like it has seen some heat stress, should be fine if you can regulate your heat

That's currently my biggest issue. Tried several things, hoping I can get it figured out.

Just rearranged tent.
Still getting IR readings of 85-88 at canopy level on leaves.
Pointed fan bring cool air in directly at the light.

I haven't even turned my lights up to the full 600W yet.
Seriously running out of ideas.:Namaste:

Just rearranged tent.
Still getting IR readings of 85-88 at canopy level on leaves.
Pointed fan bring cool air in directly at the light.

I haven't even turned my lights up to the full 600W yet.
Seriously running out of ideas.:Namaste:

Those temps shouldn't be fatal, outside temps in direct sunlight are higher, however there's not direct sunlight all the time.
Try going to 18/6 or 20/4 so they cool down once in a while and do what you can to lower temps in and around your tent.
One idea could be to get a separate fan just for the air cooled hood.

Those temps shouldn't be fatal, outside temps in direct sunlight are higher, however there's not direct sunlight all the time.
Try going to 18/6 or 20/4 so they cool down once in a while and do what you can to lower temps in and around your tent.
One idea could be to get a separate fan just for the air cooled hood.

I agree, I don't see how temps being 90F with breeze being too bad-definitely something I feel like they could adapt to.

As far as utilizing a second fan-how do you suggest this? I have a carbon scrubber>duct>hood>duct>fan>duct-outside of tent.
I can't think of anyway to use another fan to only exhaust the hood(I only have one exhaust hole btw) as well as maintaining zero-odor.

I agree, I don't see how temps being 90F with breeze being too bad-definitely something I feel like they could adapt to.

As far as utilizing a second fan-how do you suggest this? I have a carbon scrubber>duct>hood>duct>fan>duct-outside of tent.
I can't think of anyway to use another fan to only exhaust the hood(I only have one exhaust hole btw) as well as maintaining zero-odor.

Don't you have one hole in the ceiling and one on each side of the tent?

If you do you can run the extraction fan through the ceiling: carbon filter->ducting->fan->ducting out of tent.

And for the hood: ducting from side->air cooled hood->ducting->fan->ducting through other side. That way you only have air from outside the tent passing through the bulb.
You can use one of those axial fans that fit inside the ducting.

Don't you have one hole in the ceiling and one on each side of the tent?

If you do you can run the extraction fan through the ceiling: carbon filter->ducting->fan->ducting out of tent.

And for the hood: ducting from side->air cooled hood->ducting->fan->ducting through other side. That way you only have air from outside the tent passing through the bulb.
You can use one of those axial fans that fit inside the ducting.
I only have one in the ceiling, and one on the back wall (its specified for cords, if that's what you meant.

i'd have to turn the whole light system 90degrees. At that point, im not sure if I'd have enough room.

I only have one in the ceiling, and one on the back wall (its specified for cords, if that's what you meant.

i'd have to turn the whole light system 90degrees. At that point, im not sure if I'd have enough room.

Then it's not possible, and I think you have the best setting now.
Hope you find a way to battle the heat.

Note: Just watered solocup with PROPER ph'd water @ 6.5 instead of Tap water @ 8.0(Intentional)
Check for clearing up of yellow leaves to see if that was the issue.

High Xenon , i would raise you light as high as you can for a few days then lower a bit at a time ,
If you are using a sealed hood then you really need to see if you can pull outside air thru it and just scrub inside air with carbon filter .
what is your RH with lights on .
I used to run 24/0 but have found that auto's grow and look happier on 20/4 , i think they like to sleep
what are your temps outside the tent .
Be safe .

High ph can also stunt your plants growth

I figured that as well, after I started noticing the yellowing on the leaves, it pretty much stopped growing.
It's a freebie seed that I've got no clue what it is, so I'm going to use it as a neglect plant, if that makes sense.

Thank you!

High Xenon , i would raise you light as high as you can for a few days then lower a bit at a time ,
If you are using a sealed hood then you really need to see if you can pull outside air thru it and just scrub inside air with carbon filter .
what is your RH with lights on .
I used to run 24/0 but have found that auto's grow and look happier on 20/4 , i think they like to sleep
what are your temps outside the tent .
Be safe .

There isn't really anyways for me to bring outside air through the hood to cool it.(I don't have that many vents/socks)
Rh with the lights on is 25-30%(Which i know will increase once the plants grow a bit more.)

I only have my lights on 24/0 for right now, once all of my plants show me 3-4 sets of leaves, I'll be turning them down to 18/6.
Temps outside the tent stay a steady 67-69.

Turned lights on their 18/6 cycle, starting tomorrow, 2/19.

Will more than likely be ordering a Mars 2 1200W led.

I was dealing with the same thing. What worked.for me was.
1. Make your fresh air intake "pasive" (no fan blow air in or at intake.
2. place circulation fan pointed.in between the light and the tops of the plants on HIGH.
3. CLOSE your grow room. Not having the room sealed keeps exhaust and intake from being able to remove hot air. You need to have the exhaust fan pulling more air OUT than is coming in pasive intake. (If it is a tent you have you will know that you have negative pressure when the walls sucks in.

I now have a very comfortable 76.8f, and by adjusting the above variables I can make it hotter or colder at will which allows me to control humidity better.

Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom