Xenon's First Grow! - Autos - Blue Dream - AK & LSD25

I was dealing with the same thing. What worked.for me was.
1. Make your fresh air intake "pasive" (no fan blow air in or at intake.
2. place circulation fan pointed.in between the light and the tops of the plants on HIGH.
3. CLOSE your grow room. Not having the room sealed keeps exhaust and intake from being able to remove hot air. You need to have the exhaust fan pulling more air OUT than is coming in pasive intake. (If it is a tent you have you will know that you have negative pressure when the walls sucks in.

I now have a very comfortable 76.8f, and by adjusting the above variables I can make it hotter or colder at will which allows me to control humidity better.

Hope this helps

Thanks-Albeit I do have fans sucking air from the passive intake, as well as havibng multiple fans blowing air around inside, I do have passive intake(My fan is on high, sucking in my tent walls, even when the flap is left partially open.
Thank you for your insight, though!

forgot to mention I run Mars-hydro reflector 196 light and I'm very happy with them. :thumb:

Is that anything along the same lines as the 1200 MarsII?
I'm looking for legitimate feedback regarding the possibilities of producing dense nugs with an led.

I've heard from numerous people swearing by 24/0, 20/4, 18/6;I think it's a personal preference of how long you're willing to leave the lights off, honestly, lol. I'm gonna introduce some darkness to them so hopefully they spring up a little bit...probably going to do a topping experiment on my ak.

Note: 2/18

Gave LSD25 & AK their first water, ~1/2 gallon ph'd at 6.5
Have not introduced any nutes yet.

Hey man, some more temp tips you might not have read yet. Could run the lights at night time when your house is cooler. Could exhaust the tent into another room so the heat isn't recirculated back into the tent. Could run an A/C or humidifier. You also prob don't need 450w HID on those seedlings yet. Could turn it down to 50% for now. When they get larger the extra foliage will keep the tent cooler with shade and humidity. You could try fitting more plants or larger pots into the tent too. For example most people run 4 plants in a 3x3 tent but I run 8 and I noticed the extra soil holding extra water helps keep a cool climate.

Hey man, some more temp tips you might not have read yet. Could run the lights at night time when your house is cooler. Could exhaust the tent into another room so the heat isn't recirculated back into the tent. Could run an A/C or humidifier. You also prob don't need 450w HID on those seedlings yet. Could turn it down to 50% for now. When they get larger the extra foliage will keep the tent cooler with shade and humidity. You could try fitting more plants or larger pots into the tent too. For example most people run 4 plants in a 3x3 tent but I run 8 and I noticed the extra soil holding extra water helps keep a cool climate.
Thanks mate.
I actually set my light schedule for night time(but i see spikes at night ~91F sometimes.
Unfortunately I can't vent into a different room.
I don't see fitting more plants in here(after i add my dwc) I feel like the fan takes up so much space trying to position it properly to keep the temps down.
The only way I'm able to keep them as low as they are is because of how cold the outside air is, which is going to be going away in a couple of weeks (where it'll be warmer outside than in the tent, at times)
Thanks for the info so far!

Is that anything along the same lines as the 1200 MarsII?
I'm looking for legitimate feedback regarding the possibilities of producing dense nugs with an led.

I've heard from numerous people swearing by 24/0, 20/4, 18/6;I think it's a personal preference of how long you're willing to leave the lights off, honestly, lol. I'm gonna introduce some darkness to them so hopefully they spring up a little bit...probably going to do a topping experiment on my ak.

The marsII is a upgraded version of the reflector series and I have not seen any bad comments about them so far.

I have a couple dark devil auto in the tent, I topped one and left the other. The one I didn't top is doing better and bigger then the one I topped so far.

3 photo purple kush, 1 topped, 1 FIM and one left alone............the topped and FIMMed one are doing better as far as bud sights go and the one I left alone is bushy and a little shorter, not as many bud sights showing yet.

No matter what you try you should get some good smoke, it's a matter of how much you will get. I would rather have a ounch of great smoke then 3 O's of crappy smoke

The marsII is a upgraded version of the reflector series and I have not seen any bad comments about them so far.

I have a couple dark devil auto in the tent, I topped one and left the other. The one I didn't top is doing better and bigger then the one I topped so far.

3 photo purple kush, 1 topped, 1 FIM and one left alone............the topped and FIMMed one are doing better as far as bud sights go and the one I left alone is bushy and a little shorter, not as many bud sights showing yet.

No matter what you try you should get some good smoke, it's a matter of how much you will get. I would rather have a ounch of great smoke then 3 O's of crappy smoke

Agreed. Is there a specific guideline I should follow as far as which strains do better topped?

I am not aware of a "list" but everyone seems to have their own opinion on topping. I think it has more to do with surrounding conditions and care. I see some pretty nice Dark Devil that have been topped yet mine is not as good

Thank you!

Just bit the bullet and made an order.
Hopefully it doesn't take too long to get here, I can't wait to free up this room and actually have some space to breathe in.
Cheers.

I turned my HPS to a full 600W for 20 minutes and temps shot up 8 degrees, I definitely can't handle that in another month after I'm flowering and temps outside start making it difficult to cool my room.

Just bit the bullet and made an order.
Hopefully it doesn't take too long to get here, I can't wait to free up this room and actually have some space to breathe in.
Cheers.

I turned my HPS to a full 600W for 20 minutes and temps shot up 8 degrees, I definitely can't handle that in another month after I'm flowering and temps outside start making it difficult to cool my room.

Hi xenon , My advice is to buy a led mate , iv'e got 2000w in a 4x4 and no heat issues .
Be safe .

Hi xenon , My advice is to buy a led mate , iv'e got 2000w in a 4x4 and no heat issues .
Be safe .

I bit the bullet late last night(after my SO told me it was fine)"Is that why some peoples pictures look purple and yours are white?" My SO asks Lol

I ordered a 1200W system, with an actual output of 545-595W; thanks to Sara.

Looking for it in a couple of days, I'm excited.

------------
NOTE: Ak's 3 fingered leaves are really starting to shoot outwards-probably from me 'opening' up each additional growth site as it appears.
------------

Here the girls are right before their first actual sleep!
Wondering if I'll see any stretching I've been hearing about that happens during night cycles.

LSD25 - 12 Days old
21916_-_lsd25.jpeg

Automatic Ak - 11 Days old
21916_-_ak.jpeg

Auto Blue Dream - 5 days old
21916_-_blue_dream_soil.jpeg

and a group shot of the ladies
21916_-_group_shot.jpeg

:Namaste:

Hi Xenon , looking sweet , you will fall in love with the led when it comes ,
as regards mine looking white , every time i add more led's the whiter it gets ,
oh and yes mate just keep opening up the new growth , your doing great , are you going to ponytail .
Be safe .

Hi Xenon , looking sweet , you will fall in love with the led when it comes ,
as regards mine looking white , every time i add more led's the whiter it gets ,
oh and yes mate just keep opening up the new growth , your doing great , are you going to ponytail .
Be safe .

I couldn't be more excited for the led, honestly.
I've looked into ponytailing, but I don't have any cfl's or fixtures laying around, and I'm pretty limited on budget, now..
I've been just pulling apart the new growth a couple times a day, spreading her open.(exposing the new growth to light asap)
:thanks:

Im in mate good luck.and nice set up. looking forward to seeing u go led;) u will enjoy it.only way to find out if an auto likes to be topped is top it? And u can have 2 people grow the same auto bean and top it and see totally diffrent results as said above.thats down to gentetic.a cannabis seed dna is the same as our dna each individual seed is diffrent slighty and thats why this occurs.and reading all 4 pages i see some awsome info been stamped down on all rhese fellow gardners helping u.some detailed info.top work gardners keep it up;) happy growing every1;)

Im in mate good luck.and nice set up. looking forward to seeing u go led;) u will enjoy it.only way to find out if an auto likes to be topped is top it? And u can have 2 people grow the same auto bean and top it and see totally diffrent results as said above.thats down to gentetic.a cannabis seed dna is the same as our dna each individual seed is diffrent slighty and thats why this occurs.and reading all 4 pages i see some awsome info been stamped down on all rhese fellow gardners helping u.some detailed info.top work gardners keep it up;) happy growing every1;)

I've enjoyed every person that's stopped by, and all of the information this journal acquires will definitely be a studying source for myself for many grows to come, so I CAN'T WAIT to see what kind of knowledge can be dropped here; for both myself and others.

Unfortunately, my temperature dropped around 20 degrees during my night cycle. I'll definitely have to make sure I figure out a way to raise that up a bit- is it normal for it to take a while to heat back up?
21916.jpeg

Here's the AK after the cycle. The new growth coming in is ridiculous, these leaves are gonna be pretty big; it's beyond exciting.
There's also some discoloring on the leaves, some yellowing; not too sure what that is.. Very well could have been from the heat stress they endured a bit ago.

21916_autoak_secondbb.jpeg

21916_autoak_SECOND.jpeg

21916_autoak_secondb.jpeg

LSD25, also looking gorgeous.
21916_LSD25_second.jpeg

Like I've said before; thank you, everyone who's stopped by so far.
Feel free to grab a couple bean bag chairs and make yourselves comfortable!

Back
Top Bottom