XLR8's BCNL Mixed Strain Hydro Grow 2011

I love this part of growing too. My girls are getting close now. :)

Tent would fit, but would not have much room outside of it. The search continues. :grinjoint: Actually the search is fun too! :ganjamon:

The search is fun - I've been shopping for goodies too. Grow/Hydro stores are like Toys - r - us for me. Kid in a candy store! :)

Mmmmm.... frosssssting.....

Thanks Weed - I am thrilled with how they are developing - no doubt!

I will be digging out the epoxy I think after the grow - that was an excellent suggestion, and I hadn't thought of it yet. Seems obvious after Dime mentioned it. He's a handy dude!

Thank you, hell if I can help anyone at this point in my growing life I'm freakin' happy :Namaste:

The girls are looking stellar, the next few weeks should be an exciting time! Those girls are gonna fatten up like Oprah after a diet :)

:bravo:

Grow is looking good Xlr8!!!!!

Liking what I be seeing.:Namaste:

:thanks: guys! I can't wait to sample the Blueberry - it's really looking promising at this point.

I was originally thinking late April for the Blueberry, but I'm now thinking maybe 4/20 might even be a little late - we'll see, but they're ripening and fattening a bit faster than I thought they would originally.

The bagseed plant, Missy, is hard to see as it's mostly behind the Blueberry, but it's way behind the Blueberry. I'm probably going to end up flushing for a few days to a week, harvesting the Blueberry, and then bumping nutrients back up for Missy until she's ready - at least that's what I'm thinking right now... :)

From Seed: Day 71 for Missy, Day 64 for Blueberry --- Day 38 of 12/12:

Nothing much new to report, but it sure is getting frosty in there. Did a reservoir change last night, and here are the environmental numbers, etc:

RH 49%
Temp 77F
PH - 5.6%
1130 ppm (60 ml DM Gold Bloom A, 60 ml DM Gold Bloom B, 15 ml Silica, 13 ml DM Zone, 90.9 ml Add .27 Bloom) in a 8 gallon reservoir

Group Shot:
mar_29_groupshot.jpg

Rare shot of Missy - she's just starting to get a little frost and swell going (finally!) Though it's hard to tell in this picture...
mar_29_missy.jpg

Blueberry buds:
mar_29_blueberry9.jpg

mar_29_blueberry7.jpg

mar_29_blueberry6.jpg

mar_29_blueberry5.jpg

mar_29_blueberry4.jpg

mar_29_blueberry2.jpg

mar_29_blueberry3.jpg

mar_29_blueberry.jpg

:bong:

Looking beautiful, XLR8! :welldone:

It's great that there's a bunch of us here on 420 that will all be harvesting right around the same time. It's gonna be a fun time and too bad we all weren't closer cuz it would be a helluva party!
:party:

BTW...this is AWESOME!!!!:

mar_29_blueberry2.jpg

:thanks: guys! I can't wait to sample the Blueberry - it's really looking promising at this point.

I was originally thinking late April for the Blueberry, but I'm now thinking maybe 4/20 might even be a little late - we'll see, but they're ripening and fattening a bit faster than I thought they would originally.

The bagseed plant, Missy, is hard to see as it's mostly behind the Blueberry, but it's way behind the Blueberry. I'm probably going to end up flushing for a few days to a week, harvesting the Blueberry, and then bumping nutrients back up for Missy until she's ready - at least that's what I'm thinking right now... :)

Thank's for the idea X! That sounds like the perfect solution to my two-strain disparity. I've been chewing on how to approach that and your's is the best idea to my thinking.

From Seed: Day 71 for Missy, Day 64 for Blueberry --- Day 38 of 12/12:

Nothing much new to report, but it sure is getting frosty in there. Did a reservoir change last night, and here are the environmental numbers, etc:

RH 49%
Temp 77F
PH - 5.6%
1130 ppm (60 ml DM Gold Bloom A, 60 ml DM Gold Bloom B, 15 ml Silica, 13 ml DM Zone, 90.9 ml Add .27 Bloom) in a 8 gallon reservoir

:bong:

They look beautiful! Buds are springing up everywhere with great frosting too.

How are things on the odor front? :peace:

Thank's for the idea X! That sounds like the perfect solution to my two-strain disparity. I've been chewing on how to approach that and your's is the best idea to my thinking.

They look beautiful! Buds are springing up everywhere with great frosting too.

How are things on the odor front? :peace:

First of all :thanks: for the kind words. Much appreciated!

As far as the strain disparity, I think the approach should work fine. I've done it that way once before with no probs. The flush will be good for Missy regardless, so it's a win/win I think.

Pretty smelly inside, but no smell at all outside. It took me a while but I got the smell thing pretty handled. The carbon filter does the heavy lifting, but I also have an array of air fresheners throughout the house, keep the humidity in the room where the grow box is as low as possible, activate a small ozone generator (Ozone Jr. by CAP) just outside of the room if there is company coming, and keep a negative pressure in the room so that very little from the room goes outside of the room, so to speak. I've had people walk within 10 feet of it in the past couple of weeks and they had no idea. The next few weeks will be the most challenging, however, so I'm hoping I don't eat those words... :yummy:

I should note that I don't use the original carbon filter anymore - I'm using a little heavier duty one (phresh I think?) and it's much more effective.

Looking beautiful, XLR8! :welldone:

It's great that there's a bunch of us here on 420 that will all be harvesting right around the same time. It's gonna be a fun time and too bad we all weren't closer cuz it would be a helluva party!
:party:

BTW...this is AWESOME!!!!:

mar_29_blueberry2.jpg

Thanks Mr. K - I agree on all fronts! It will be fun comparing notes and we'll have to do a virtual helluva party some how. :)

I love that photo too. :thanks: for the kudos!

First of all :thanks: for the kind words. Much appreciated!

As far as the strain disparity, I think the approach should work fine. I've done it that way once before with no probs. The flush will be good for Missy regardless, so it's a win/win I think.

Pretty smelly inside, but no smell at all outside. It took me a while but I got the smell thing pretty handled. The carbon filter does the heavy lifting, but I also have an array of air fresheners throughout the house, keep the humidity in the room where the grow box is as low as possible, activate a small ozone generator (Ozone Jr. by CAP) just outside of the room if there is company coming, and keep a negative pressure in the room so that very little from the room goes outside of the room, so to speak. I've had people walk within 10 feet of it in the past couple of weeks and they had no idea. The next few weeks will be the most challenging, however, so I'm hoping I don't eat those words... :yummy:

I should note that I don't use the original carbon filter anymore - I'm using a little heavier duty one (phresh I think?) and it's much more effective.

You are more than welcome! I'm definitely going with your plan. It just makes sense, and the balance will get a nice bath at the worst.

Very nice job keeping your odor in check. I'll keep that other filter name in mind if I ever have a need for one again.

Great job! :welldone:

So I was at the hydro store the other day, and they had a used econo-wing reflector, with mogul and working 400w MH bulb in it. The guy says that it's 20$, not including the bulb. I said, throw in the bulb and you've got a deal. So - he bit. Oh, and I have an extra 400w ballast I'm saving for future space upgrade. I'm thinking that was a no brainer cuz even if the bulb doesn't last - it's just $20.

I'm thinking of taking over an extra bathroom in the basement with my bargain deal, plugging in the light and ballast and starting a hempy or two. Problem is - I might have a time or two where I'd be away 3-4 days. What do you guys who do hempy do if you have to be away from the grow a few days? Just curious if there is anyone with an opinion on this. Nice thing about the BCNL boxes is that you can get away with leaving for a few days if you need to (in a pinch). I trust nobody, so no helpers.

Edit: I should add that I would be making a slight modification to the bathroom's built in vent to incorporate a filter if I do this (and bleach clean everything for mold, etc.) Thanks in advance for any input.

So I was at the hydro store the other day, and they had a used econo-wing reflector, with mogul and working 400w MH bulb in it. The guy says that it's 20$, not including the bulb. I said, throw in the bulb and you've got a deal. So - he bit. Oh, and I have an extra 400w ballast I'm saving for future space upgrade. I'm thinking that was a no brainer cuz even if the bulb doesn't last - it's just $20.

I'm thinking of taking over an extra bathroom in the basement with my bargain deal, plugging in the light and ballast and starting a hempy or two. Problem is - I might have a time or two where I'd be away 3-4 days. What do you guys who do hempy do if you have to be away from the grow a few days? Just curious if there is anyone with an opinion on this. Nice thing about the BCNL boxes is that you can get away with leaving for a few days if you need to (in a pinch). I trust nobody, so no helpers.

Edit: I should add that I would be making a slight modification to the bathroom's built in vent to incorporate a filter if I do this (and bleach clean everything for mold, etc.) Thanks in advance for any input.

In order to keep the watering abundance down slightly a larger hempy is most definitely required to start the whole game. However well 2liters do work i can water mine on a good day at least twice. I like to start small ones in a 1gal then transplant into a 3.5 gal. Any more after that and you may as well go to the 7gal, i will have a few mothers in my grow that will probably need a 7gal just before they transfer to bud.

In order to leave my 3.5gals for more than 2 24 hours days i would simply fill a 20oz wrapped up in some tape or painted over, with some nice 5.5ph water, heat up a pin with a bic and poke 2 or 3 holes in the top of the cap. Flip it upside down and make it stand in your hempy, wallah a good 3-5 day supply of ph'd h20.

Other than that i have seen someone here on 420 with a bad ass drip system set up for their 2 liter hempy's, for all practicality of the situation and considering hempy is so gol' damn cheap to start with, you may as well build yourself a 20 dollar drip system, im sure it would be worth time and money spent i have 2 water at least a few things in my grow every single day so, im rambling hope i answered some ?'s 4 ya

The girls are looking beautiful x-man!

4-5 days in hempy would be a problem imo especially if the plants were bigger or in flower. How about soil? That would last longer.

I've been kicking around ideas for an automated watering system for just such situations. I've seen things like it, it's really just a pump, timer, res and some tubing.

It would be great to have anyhow especially if you have a bunch of 2-liters.

I'd like to put some kind of odor filter in my grow room, there would be no venting. Do you have any ideas?

:peace:

PS Great score at the hydro shop :cheer:

The girls are looking beautiful x-man!

4-5 days in hempy would be a problem imo especially if the plants were bigger or in flower. How about soil? That would last longer.

I've been kicking around ideas for an automated watering system for just such situations. I've seen things like it, it's really just a pump, timer, res and some tubing.

It would be great to have anyhow especially if you have a bunch of 2-liters.

I'd like to put some kind of odor filter in my grow room, there would be no venting. Do you have any ideas?

:peace:

PS Great score at the hydro shop :cheer:

Thanks Bluedog - I love this time of a grow. I could (sometimes do) stare at them for HOURS. :)

Thanks for the feedback on the thoughts on the hempies. I'm going to have to chew on it a while. I might have to just plant the damn things and figure something out along the way. Blazin' had a nice creative idea in a pinch, too with the 20 oz bottle and the holes. I'm traveling for sure in a couple of weeks so it can all wait until after that. I like your watering system idea - seems doable. :hmmmm:

Have a great budget idea if you don't want to do venting that may help:

DIY Odor Control Bucket

I've heard people say it really helps. Haven't tried it myself yet, though. ONA is one of the few "air freshener" sorts of stuff that seems to actually work.

Also, the Ozone JR. by CAP works, too. I think it's around $75-100 or so, but do a little reading here and other places about ozone before you go there so you know what you're getting into. Ozone may not always be good for you if you breathe in too much of it. (Don't want it too close to your plants, either). But it definitely works to knock down odor.

Best is the old fashion carbon filter. You say no venting, but could you just have a fan hooked up directly to a carbon filter pulling air through it (kinda higher budget version of the odor bucket above)? Even without the vent, it should create a negative pressure I would think and clean the air for you. That one's probably a couple hundred for a good filter/fan. If you do want to go with a venting sort of set-up, WeedNFeed seems to have it down and has promised to advise me if I need it in the future. :)

Do like I do, and employ a combination of things to make yourself as safe as possible. Hope this helps some.

:goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom