Yellow leaves

Thought I would share a few updated pics..Tuesday is gonna try do those cuttings ...any tips on what I should be doing ..watching for ...
Used a 20-20-20 for veg and been using a 15-31-14 for flower

She's looking large and in charge...

What are you using for a cloning station?

When you take your cuttings, take them from low down on the plant. Nice thick woody stems if you can find some. Cut, then directly into a container of water while looking for other cuttings to take and while preparing them for their new home.

Leave the very top immature leaves and 2 fan sets. If the fan leaves are big, cut the leaves in half. They will evaporate water too fast, and since there are no roots yet, the cutting can dry out on you. Spray them every day (or even twice) with plain water. Not tap water if possible. Keep them warm. Light 24hrs.

Here is a picture of a rooted cutting. It was a small cutting. Still worked fine. If you can find some with a little thicker stems, that would be great.
5-19.JPG
5-22_3_.JPG

Yeah most of my lower stuff is larger and thicker than that so shouldn't be much problem finding what I need ..took a qwick look today and kinda determined which ones I'm gonna take
Yah gonna pick up a cloning station and some rooting gel...friend of mine owns a hydro shop so gonna go pay him a visit ...maybe he can also hook me up with some used equipment which I know he sells as well ..
I'm hoping to get some of those marshydro lights on ebay ..should I go bigger then the Mars 300 was thinking the 700 for a bit more if I can afford too . Or 2 300's cause the cost is less ...been looking at different prices on them and why such a range for the same light ?? Fakes?? Man I'd hate to get ripped off seeing how I have no clue what to look for .
You guys have been a great help so far and I'm learning fast ..reading a little bit each day ...I'm loving this hobby and sure will be nice to have my own stash ALWAYS

Ok I picked up a 400watt hps ...do you think it ok to finish her off with this light ..I always had my girl under natural light ..I'm about day15 -16 ..how far from plant should I hang ..sorry guys /gals I've never used lights ..don't mean to ask soo many questions

Ok I picked up a 400watt hps ...do you think it ok to finish her off with this light ..I always had my girl under natural light ..I'm about day15 -16 ..how far from plant should I hang ..sorry guys /gals I've never used lights ..don't mean to ask soo many questions

And what do you think we ALL have done in the beginning?? :rofl:

MajorPITA is good with these lights.. wait I call him for you...

It should work great for you. Keep it about 16"-18" above the top of the plant. It looks like you have a ways to go - maybe another 7 weeks (?). I haven't read this entire thread, but hopefully you have ventilation and can control the temperature.

Yeah I was thinking about 6 weeks but time will tell I suppose ..she stacking very nicely outside ...not a lot of smell yet but did notice some stickyness this morning when I touched one of the flowers .....getting excited ..I appreciate everyone for helping me along thus far ...took some cuttings this morn ...sure hope they take ...was hard to find anything that didn't have any flowering..but managed to find some small undeveloped stuff..fingers crossed ..should have done it sooner I know ..live and learn ...Marijunal you mentioned I need more (N) ..nitrogen ?? I am running a bloom fertilizer of 15-31-14 so thinking I should be ok ...I think ..lol havent had anything go wrong this far so I hope it continues that way..just a little worried about managing heat and humidity once I start using light ..setting up today and gonna see what kind of things pop up before I put her under it

Ok thx major ..appreciate the help ...it's a big space so I hope heat and ventilation shouldn't be too much of a problem I hope ...I got me a plan to deal with it so I'm gonna have it in place just in case...don't wanna be scrambling if there happens to be a need for it ..what about watering while flowering ...any suggestions..do I let it dry out or don't let it dry ..heard so many different answers ...what do you guys think ?? Maybe it's a preference?

Ok thx major ..appreciate the help ...it's a big space so I hope heat and ventilation shouldn't be too much of a problem I hope ...I got me a plan to deal with it so I'm gonna have it in place just in case...don't wanna be scrambling if there happens to be a need for it ..what about watering while flowering ...any suggestions..do I let it dry out or don't let it dry ..heard so many different answers ...what do you guys think ?? Maybe it's a preference?

I let my plants dry out while in veg - especially in early veg. The goal is to help the plants develop bigger, finer roots. By now the root building should be done. Once in bloom, I don't over-water, but I don't let them get dry either. They need all the energy they can get in order to produce well.

Thx major ...got light hung last night gonna build a few things in the space for her then tomorrow I think I'll put her under the light ...got chilly last night ...frost on the grass when I went to put her out this morn and only 2degrees c...glad I got the little green house for them cold mornings ..once her new home ready I won't have to worry about those cold mornings and I cant wait to see how the plant responds to the new light...

Major..do you think I should make my space reflective for the light ..I want to make sure I utilize it to its fullest potential...I do not have any mylar ..can you suggest anything that will help me in my space ...it's 8 x8 ..plant is about 5x4...I'm trying to do things as cheap as I can but don't wanna cheap out totally ...
Any solid advice would be great

Major..do you think I should make my space reflective for the light ..I want to make sure I utilize it to its fullest potential...I do not have any mylar ..can you suggest anything that will help me in my space ...it's 8 x8 ..plant is about 5x4...I'm trying to do things as cheap as I can but don't wanna cheap out totally ...
Any solid advice would be great

I tried the mylar thingie. It was a Major PITA. :cheesygrinsmiley: It is also nearly impossible to clean, and you'll want to do that if you use the room more than once. Everything I read says washable, flat white paint is the best finish. If you look at expensive grow room films, like Panda, that's what they are. Flat white washable paint: Cheap. Easy. Effective.

Back
Top Bottom