Cannabis 1's First Hydro & Soil Grow

Cannabis 1

Whats going on friends?!?! I am starting this journal approx 1 month into my grow. For the first month, check out my original journal.

Some set up pics

A little about my set up. As a first time grower, I have had to do a lot of trial and error. I have killed a few ladies, but that was expected. Now it seems that I have dialed my grow room conditions right to the perfect settings. Right now, I only plan on using a portion of the Hydroponics system until I understand how to run it properly and also learn about cultivation.

Here are a few specs.

Tent size: 10'x5'x6'
Temperature range: 74-81 Degrees
Humidity: 40-60 %
Lights: Two Hydrofarm Raptor 6, 600 Watt
Bulbs: Apollo MH for Veg and Eye Hortilux 600W SUPER HPS Enahanced Spectrum Bulb
Ballast: Hortilux Gold 600W E-Ballast (120/240v)
Hydroponics: Supercloset Superflow 20 Plant system
Hydro Nutes: Technaflora
Soil: Green Earth Organic Soil with natural fertilizers (cow shit)
Strains: The only ones left at this point are my Juicy Chronic and 4 Hawaiian Skunk Haze
20140506_204427.jpg
20140506_224657close.jpg
20140506_224657.jpg
20140505_171040.jpg

Re: Cannabis 1's First Hydro and Soil grow

Right now, the Chronic and 2 Hawaiian Skunk are in the Hydro and 2 Hawaiian Skunk are in soil.

I also have some other fruits and veggies growing incase I get any visits.....

20140508_111652.jpg
20140508_011953.jpg

Thanks Pinky!!! Quite the learning experience!

Thank you friends, I'm glad the seats are filling up! Ill take some of that popcorn please.....:popcorn:

So tonight makes one day since I gave the 2 HSH some high N nutes. So far the one still looks ok, and the other that was yellow looks a little better. I'll give her a few more days to see how she responds.

Just after I sprayed all the plants down tonight, I noticed a weird blotch on 2 of the fan leaves on some side branching. I cant believe I didn't see it before, so maybe its recent? It is fairly new growth, and is the only place on her like that. Is it a freak of nature, or does that happen alot?

20140508_225956.jpg
20140508_230036.jpg

Please drop your 2 cents here V

Here are the ladies in soil.
20140509_000006.jpg

20140509_000037.jpg

Now to the ladies in the Hydro. I put the Hawaiian into the Ponics a little early. They joined the Chronic when she was on 1/2 strength nutes for seedling/transplant stage. They held up and now all three ladies have been on 1/4 strength nutes for vegetation for a week. Im not to sure what is going on. One is still showing burns, which she has had since birth and the other seems to have some red in her veins.

After checking my Grow Bible, I am leaning towards a K or Mg deficiency. What do ya think? Do you guys think that having other plants like the giant pumpkin, tomato, and cucumbers in the hydroponics along with my ladies would use up the crucial nutrients to quick?
20140509_001023.jpg
20140509_000556.jpg

Im looking into it....

I'm doing my weekly clean out tomorrow and will bump the nutes up. Im sure the Chron will love it, we will see how the Haze handles it....

Thank you skankstar! I can't wait to taste the final product!

Guys, I have searched these threads high and low, and can't find a single page on the pigment discoloration. I found a bunch on deficiencies, but none explain what is going on with my lady. Im hoping it is just a genetic mutation and wont spread. Guess we will see

Thanks for the advice CO. Everyday is a learning experience. I checked her again this morning, and she was the same. No spreading, and gained a little height over night.

Looks a bit like it might have been stuck on the leaf above. Turned yellow like grass on a lawn covered by an object for a few days. Maybe moisture was sealing it together. Just a guess. idk either but it looks healthy :)

Looks a bit like it might have been stuck on the leaf above. Turned yellow like grass on a lawn covered by an object for a few days. Maybe moisture was sealing it together. Just a guess. idk either but it looks healthy :)

Thats a good point toker. Ill see where the leaf lays after I spray her tonight. I just find t really weird that its in the same spot on both leaves, and looks like it stops and starts at the same points. Hopefully I'm making a mountain out of a mole hill and she will be just fine....

Back
Top Bottom