1st Time - Hydro Grow - 600W HPS

Holden2560

Hi guys first time hydro , bag seed , 600w hps system in a tent , just germinated seeds ( into soil unfortunately ) keen as hell to get these under lights , I've got hydro balls , coco coir from Bunnings and perlite , when and what's easiest to transplant my babies into my system , it's a recirculating system with a 100L red , cheers

Just use the hydro balls and plant them in that set your ph to 5.5 and your good to go

Sent from my X9009 using 420

Thanks for the reply , I can't find the button to upload pics on here . so u reckon no coco coir or perlite ? I've got 18L pots x5 and only 50litres of hydro balls, but I've bought a few coir Pete bricks and perlite from Bunnings,If I use hydro balls only I won't have enough to fill my 18L pots I don't know what route to take ... any help is much appreciated

so what would you suggest I do , fill half the pots only with balls ?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

420-magazine-mobile542575170.jpg
that's the system I'm using

should I use smaller pots and just sit them over the holes already provided in my res ?

You don't use coco in hydro systems only use coco in run to waste systems

Sent from my X9009 using 420

You can use coco in hydro systems... Check out last years plant of the year. That's how it was grown, lol... Recirculating...

Be careful with those blocks you buy from Bunnings, if they are the brunnings coir bricks. Apparently they carry bugs.. You can buy the dried bricks from hydro stores that are the quality your after...

No worries GrizzWald thank you for the reply , so much conflicting info it's hard to digest at times ...can I soak it in hot water before using? It is brunnings brand comes in 9L blocks with no added slow release nutes , I was going to put a layer of hydro balls on the bottom to stop the coir from going into my res

I guess you could heat it to kill the bugs, hot water won't do much, maybe boiling water or oven treat it. I wouldn't know temperatures or for how long, quick google search should set you up... Boiling would be boil for five mins but would need a big pot, lol..

Could also line with a garden fabric..

makes sense ...small pot plants tipped upside down to fill in some space ?

Yeah, stop anything clogging pumps..

420-magazine-mobile5694786.jpg
420-magazine-mobile12152461.jpg
day 5 my babies are doing ok ,only problem is that they are in a soil coir mix , I'm worried about transplanting these into my hydro , without them dieing , any easy tip on how to go about this , I read it is possible and other people say don't try it , any help much appreciated

I transplanted my babies into hydro they seem to taking to the new environment well ,my ppm level was 220 yesterday now it's up to 357ppm , should I dilute with some water or is 357 ppm ok for 2 week old plants , any help here guys ?

if I come back and check in another couple hours and the ppm is still rising should I dilute the res with clean water ?

Back
Top Bottom