Towl's WKWTSI - Hydro - Grow Journal - March 2015

towl35

What strain is it? Who Knows What This Shit Is
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? I'm saying Indica as the fingers are fat and the plant is stout
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg
If in Veg... For how long? 2nd week*
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Hydro
Size of light? 125W CFL Grow light 6400K
Is it aircooled? No but there is an intake and out take fan
Temp of Room/cab? In the beginning it was 99+ degrees F Now around 80 degrees F because of foilage
RH of Room/cab? 10% in the beginning now 40% and as much as 50%
PH of media or res? I try to keep it between 5.5 and 6.1 but it frequently drops to 4.0
Any Pests? No
How often are you watering? I change water (distilled) every 7-12 days.
Type and strength of ferts used? GH FloraMicro, FloraGrow, FloraBloom 1/2 strength

Who Knows What TSI
Grow Journal
*I say second week in veg as it too 5 days to germinate and I'll say another week in the seedling stage until the second set of leaves formed.
In all pics the cardboard and caps are covering unused holes on the reservoir to keep as much light out as possible.

Sunday, March 29, 2015 12:15 PM
Began with 3 gallons of distilled water in reservoir. Water pH was 5.6. Added less than 3/8 tsp of Moon Dust nutrients. Doing so brought water pH to 2.4. Added 5ml of base to push pH up to 5.7. Started 5 seeds of the Who Knows What TSI strain ( so named as I don't know what that shit is). Seeds will be in complete darkness until I see sprouted leaves.

Wednesday, April 1, 4:30 AM
Checked water temperature, 72 degrees F. Checked pH of water, had risen to 6.8. Used pH down to adjust to 5.8. No spouts as of yet.

Thursday, April 2, 2:30 PM
2 of 5 sprouts have appeared. One of which is taller than the other. Odds are this will most likely be a male plant. Turned on lights to 18:6 and covered other holes not in use to keep light from water and covered other seedlings with dark caps to keep out as much light as possible.

Friday, April 3, 1:30 PM
Checked under caps and another sprout has emerged. We now have 3 of 5 sprouted. Checked temperature of water: 82 degrees. I also inadvertently exposed the tallest sprout's roots to the light.

3:30 PM: Went to check pH of water before I left for dialysis and see that the tallest sprout has completely fallen over. (note to self: never expose roots of seedlings to light.)

Saturday, April 4, 2015 AM
I could not attend to fallen seedling as I had to leave. Stem is damaged but the leaves still look vibrant. I propped up the seedling with two toothpicks and will look later to see how this fared.

6:19 PM: Checked on seedling and leaves appear to seek light. Measured and cut a length of straw to wrap around the seedling to further bolster seedling. Placed another length of straw around a second seedling to prevent it from falling as it appears to have a slightly damaged stem, from what I don't know.
20150407_111451.jpg

Sunday, April 5, 2:30 AM
Hung damp washcloth up on door to attempt to drive up humidity. Hygrometer registers 20% relative humidity and thermometer registers 97 F. Realized that the lights were on 24:7 as the timer was on constant not on/off setting. Set timer to correct settings with 18:6 on/off. One of the 5 seedlings has perished. I have removed this seed and taproot and replaced with another seed and placed under cardboard and plastic cap to keep light out.

2:00 PM: Washcloth has since dried. RH is now at 16%. I have placed an open plastic bag of water inside grow box to attempt to drive up humidity level. Seeking at least 35% optimal 40-45%. Placed cut plastic bottles over seedlings to drive up humidity. Water droplets present on “dome.”

Wednesday, April 8, 2015 1:30 PM
Newly planted seed has germinated and sprouted. I placed cut plastic bottle to form makeshift “dome” over seedling to give it a humidity boost. Seedling is doing nicely. I placed CO2 boost pad with damp washcloth on upper part of door to ramp up carbon dioxide. I only wet pad during daylight hours. One seedling still has yellowing cotyledons. The seedling whose roots were exposed to light and was supported with straw has perished. I culled that one from the rest. I now have four seedlings growing. One of which seems to be growing nicely. I removed the straw support from around this seedling. It's stem seems to have straightened.

Thursday, April 9, 2:00 PM
Took plastic “domes” off of seedlings and began spritzing water on seedlings. I also placed a mini humidifier inside box with seedlings. This brought humidity up to 31% overnight. I also placed a small battery operated fan inside directed at the strongest seedling (the second one with straw support removed). To prevent redundancy, I will let it be known here that I will be spritzing water on the leaves at least once a day as well as spritzing water on CO2 pad.
20150411_212100.jpg

Friday, April 10, 2:30 PM
Replaced dead batteries in fan with fresh (I keep recharged batteries on hand at all times). Fixed humidifier as it seemed to stop working. Spritzed water on leaves and on CO2 pad.

Saturday, April 11, 1:30 AM
Figured out that humidifier cuts off on it's own after running 8 hours. Matter of either unplugging and replugging it or flipping the switch on the power strip. Spritzed water on leaves. Humidity is 35% and the temperature is 75 F. Flushed water from reservoir and replaced with fresh distilled water with no nutrients.

Monday, April 13, 2:00 PM
Changed res water and replaced with 2.5 gallons of premixed GenHydro nutes. I used ¼ Tsp each of FloraMicro and FloraGrow per gallon. The pH of the nutrient solution was right around 5.9 no need to adjust. PPM however was roughly 90. Misted plants and CO2 pad again as I usually do during the daytime. I am contemplating adjusting photo-period to have lights off during the hottest part of the day and on during the night. As is lights come on 6 AM and off at 12 AM.

Friday, April 17, 1:30 PM
Temperature in grow box reached 101.8 F. Reservoir temperature reached 85 F. I cut on the air-conditioner in my bedroom and opened the door to the box. I also closed the door to my room to both let the air-conditioner do it's job as well as keep light from entering in the room when the grow box lights went out at midnight. Added second CO2 pad. Everything I read is basically saying that my plants should be dead or dying yet they are thriving way beyond what I expected.
20150416_154008.jpg

Saturday, April 18, 1:00 AM
Temperature in box averaged 80 F during the period with air conditioning. I also noticed that the reservoir temperature dropped to 78 F.

Sunday, April 19, 2:00 PM
Drained and changed reservoir water. Added full trio of GH FloraMicro, FloraGrow, and FloraBloom in ½ tsp/Gallon for a total of 1½ tsp of each nutrient. I also added ½ tsp/Gallon of hydrogen peroxide to the reservoir water to help prevent root rot. (I have since read that H2O2 does little in that regard as it quickly breaks down into water and oxygen in about 24 hours.)

Friday, April 24, 2015
Tossed first CO2 pad in the trash and moved second CO2 pad to the lower half of the grow box.
20150418_134942.jpg

20150420_134211.jpg

Saturday, April 25, 10:30 AM
Topped off reservoir with fresh water at 5.6 pH. I also added 1 tsp. of Hydroguard to the reservoir. Added a fresh CO2 pad to the upper portion of the growbox and misted both pads. Plant is now 9.5” tall.
20150425_092832.jpg

20150425_092938.jpg

Tuesday, April 28, 2:00 PM
Took the top and another part of the bottom branch off of the main plant to clone.
20150428_153547.jpg
Cut both then
made a 45 degree cut and immediately placed into Clonex root hormone. Then added both to Rapid Rooter plug soaked in a Clonex solution. Gave a small T5 light on a 18:6 photo-period to develop roots.
20150428_155858.jpg
20150428_155809.jpg

Wednesday, April 29, 2:30 PM
Both clones seem to be doing fine. Leaves are a little droopy
20150429_125340.jpg

In this pic the leaves appear to be yellowing but they are not. This pic was taken with InstaGram.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Saturday, May 2, 1:00 PM
Leaves looked brown spotted and yellowing. Changed reservoir water and added 3 tsp of CaliMagic and gave aggressive growth feeding of GH nutes.

Monday, May 4, 2:00 PM
Both clones have sprouted roots. Smaller clone was placed back inside grow box and top clone was started on a 12:12 photo-period to clone for sex.

Wednesday, May 6, 12:00 PM
New clone was taken from a second plant. Placed it immediately into a 12:12 photo-period to clone for sex.

Sunday, May 10, 12:00 PM
New clone has not shown sex yet. Main plant also placed into a 12:12 Photo-period. Changed light in grow box to 2700K 125w CFL. Given first dose of bloom cycle Gen Hydro nutes.

Sunday, May 17, 1:30 PM
No signs of sex as of yet. Plant is on second week of bloom cycle nutes.

Sunday, May 24, 2:00 PM
White hairs in the shape of a V are starting to form on some nodes by stipules on both the main plant and the clone. Third week of bloom cycle nutes given.
20150601_144747.jpg

Monday, June 1, 1:30 PM
It is no doubt that my plant is a female! Now to keep it from touching the light! I have noticed mosquito larvae in my DWC. Changed water as in previous weeks. Fourth cycle of bloom nutes given.
20150604_204533.jpg

Saturday, June 6, 2:00 PM
Noticed that I now have fungus gnats! I bought some mosquito bits and yellow sticky paper to combat the little flies. I think I a am going to mix up a batch of diluted nicotine to spray on the plants as well.... we'll see...
20150606_151652.jpg

Sunday, June 7, 3:30 PM
Changed res water again today and added the fifth cycle of bloom nutrients. I noticed mosquito larvae again. I also added mosquito bits to the res water and hung sticky traps in the grow box. The buds are really beginning to bloom! I think I'm going to keep the grow box closed from now on. I did NOT spritz with nicotine spray as previously stated.

Thursday, June 11, 2:30 PM
Topped off reservoir with fresh pHed water.

Sunday, June 14, 1:30 PM
Changed res water and added 6th week of bloom nutes. 2.5 tsp of cal mag, 2.5 tsp of Micro nutes. 5 tsp of grow nutes. And 7.5 tsp of bloom nutes with 1 tsp of Hydroguard in a reservoir of 2.5 gallons of water. PPM is about 882. pH of water is 5.8. I noticed no more mosquito larvae in my res water but I did notice a little fungus gnat larvae (white with a small black head) but it too was dead. I have not noticed many fungus gnats flying about but did notice quite a bit on my sticky traps.

Thursday, June 18, 2:00 PM
Topped off res with fresh pHed water. No more gnats flying about. Need to tie down branches as the flowers are beginning to seek the light and are in fact getting closer to it.
20150615_130516.jpg

Sunday, June 21, 3:00 PM
Changed res water and added 7th week of bloom nutes with the same mixtures as above. All of the mosquito and fungus gnat larvae are gone. Flowers are growing ever larger but I am wondering when the trichomes will start to show. I see some faint trichomes on some leaves but very few leaves and very very few trichomes. Since it is a bag seed strain, I do not know how much longer the flowering needs to go on. I do know that this strain that I once thought of as Indica or Indica dominant is turning out to be Sativa or Sativa dominant.
20150607_163745.jpg

Sunday, June 28, 1:30 PM
Changed res water and added 8th week of bloom nutes. Some buds are really beginning to get dense. Trichomes are showing on the larger buds and leaves. At the present they are clear.
IMG_20150621_142415.jpg

Wednesday, July 1, 2:00 PM
I noticed that the pH dropped to 4.8. I topped off the res with pH'd water which brought reading up to 5.3. I added a bit of pH up to bring the level up to 5.8. Frost is beginning to form on the buds!
20150701_134348.jpg

Sunday, July 26, 1:30 PM
Changed res water and began to flush with pH'd distilled water...

Sunday, August 2, 3:00 PM
Changed res water and flushed with distilled pH'd water for a second week.

Tuesday, August 11, 12:00 PM
Harvested plant and began to set out to dry. Picture shows them laying in a rack but were hanging in my room. The AC was on periodically alternating between AC and fan mode...
20150811_163140_1_.jpg

Saturday, August 15, 11:00 AM
I noticed that the buds were drying too quickly and were beginning to get crunchy so I trimmed them up and placed them in jars.
20150815_135138_1_.jpg
IMG_20150816_163648_1_.jpg

I gave a couple of buds to folk to try explaining to them that they dried much too quickly and would probably be very harsh to smoke. The results I got back was there was relatively little to no harshness at all even though the buds were in fact crispy. :( I don't really care for smoking myself but prefer to make tinctures and infuse into something to drink. However, I decided to load up a one hitter and try for myself... Neeless to say I was high as a kite!

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom