KevinStoner's First Outdoor Grow.

KevinStoner

Hey guys and girls. So this year i after telling my self yearly that i would grow at least a couple plants. I have.

heres the rundown.
I have 2 potting buckets. i would say probably6-10gallon ones maybe? im not to sure.

One bucket, the plants have been going since about the 2nd week in april started inside. Then brought outside during the day and inside at night. And i would say they have been completly outside since about the middle of to end of may. And i must say I started with about 7. and ive narrowed it down to 4 females. or they look like females. I see white hairs. and thats the easiest way to detect. for some strange reason thought i think that one of the plants. was just about to go from veg. to bud. and then it re-vegged. and is not back to budding.

the other bucket i started probably end of may. and there are about 10 in there. all fairly small. compaired to the other bucket. these where just incase my first bucket had a male and they all turned. but that didnt happen.

All in all. they seem to be doing very good. The big ones look really healthy. i have pictures i will post as well.

Here are the pictures.

DSC_1851.JPG

All of my plants

DSC_1848.JPG

The Little ones. Praying for a decent Female/Male ratio!

DSC_1847.JPG

As close as i could get, and still be infocus.

DSC_1846.JPG

Has been Pruned up, Since the pictures. Looking great!

DSC_1844.JPG

TOP TOP and more TOPS. looks like theres going to be alot of COLA.

Your opinions? and Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I think they're looking good Kevin, fwiw.

On the big ones, I probably wouldn't have kept all four plants in the same pot. You end up with 4 plants competing for the same root space, water and nutes. One plant to a pot is probably best for maximum yield. The bigger the pot the bigger the plant.

As far as increasing yield, Topping, Super Cropping and/or using LST are techniques many peeps use to increase production. I think most of these methods are used prior to flowering so I'm not sure how much help any of those would be at this point. Perhaps some organic nutes like Fox Farm's Big Bloom would help about now.

What strains do you have going on there?

Harry

ahhh Someone who replied. lol.

as far as the big ones. there ins one plant in there that is topped. its just pretty much covered up by the other 3. lol. i probably should have put them all in seperate pots. but we have a guy that trims up are yard. so this way. when he comes. i just slide them to the left and put them under the grey thing(its a portable garage).

the smaller ones. i think im going to try lst or top them all once.

as for strains. they are just random bag seeds. that i happen to find out of just some super good like middy buds. because thats all we get where im located. unless you want to drive towarded the big city.

I will be updating pictures on tuesdays of every week. until they are done.

and as far as nutes go. i have no clue what to get.but i dont want to use to much. not over nute. them. i just want them to be as close to 100% organic. because who likes chemicals now a days.

So today i Pruned the plants up.(The big ones only) they had some dead and yellowing leaves on them. got ride of them. and tryed to clear some of the "bush" out of the bucket. so that the little topped plant could get some more light. also added a decent layer or peatmoss. on top of the soil. to help hold moisture.. They seem to be doing very well and im starting to see deff. white hairs. :-D

So today. I went out to look at my babies. One of them looks funny. all of the leaves are hanging down. Like im thinking they have gotten to much water?

this is only happening to one. And the other 3 are looking Amazing. I can see more small white hairs coming out of the "bush" and signs of white hairs on the other 3 as well. Im getting excited. I just cant wait. but i have too!

The bushy one seems like its going to have close to 6 colas on it. maybe some more pictures Tomorrow. if the one that has its leaves hanging down is still acting up.

Im kind of sad thought. Only 7 replys and half of them are mine.
:-(

boss will be back any day to reply to everyone's grow questions, he has been in the process of a move... we lost racefan due to health issues, so we are hurting in grow support right now... we've been here for 15 years however, so a little patience will do us all good...;)

Their looking good so far, small pics so Im judging from what I can see. What nutes are you using?

click. and it will link you to the gallery(which. im sure you know) and you maybe talking about even then.

but i dont know how to get them any bigger. Thats the only links i have found to use to embed.and still go threw the site.

as far as nutes. i havnt used any yet. i dont know what to get..and really dont want to use to many nutes.

like ill said. i may post some more pictures tomorrow.

if you right click on the larger photos and insert that url into the "Insert Image" button at top, just like you did with the photobucket photos, you will be able to show the photos larger like you had before...

boss will be back any day to reply to everyone's grow questions, he has been in the process of a move... we lost racefan due to health issues, so we are hurting in grow support right now... we've been here for 15 years however, so a little patience will do us all good...;)

:O what happened to racefan?
sorry if its off topic.....ive been a fan of his grows

the grow is looking good kevin
im curious as to why your put all those seedlings in one pot
are you going for a sea of green kind of grow there?
or did you just not have enough pots for each individual plant?

racefan stepped down due to health reasons...
he is still a contributing member, he is just not well...
try sending him a pm and wish him well with his healing, he would appreciate that...

kevin, i sent a pm to dahui to help you fix your thread...
thanks guys, back to your regularly scheduled program, kevin's grow journal...;)

Well Kevin, their looking good so far without using any nutes. However its in your own best interest to start using nutes at least when they start to flower. Thats if you plan to get any decent yield. Ide go with some good organic nutes such as the Fox Farms line. If you used nutes you wouldnt be dissapointed at all. Ide give your plants a boost of Nitrogen so they fill out and get bigger while their still in veg. Then using flowering nutes with lower levels of N and higher levels of P. If you dont use any nutes your likey to have a defficiency once all usable nutrients in your soil is leeched out and taken in by the plant. Then your going to have to worry about solving the problem when it can be avoided. Dont get me wrong, Its 100% possible to grow without using nutrients, however this is only possible if your medium already contains the neccesary amount. And finding a soil like that is not to likely to happen.

SG

if you right click on the larger photos and insert that url into the "Insert Image" button at top, just like you did with the photobucket photos, you will be able to show the photos larger like you had before...
Ahhh. I thought i could do that. But i wasnt to sure. I can do that from now on. Thanks.
:O what happened to racefan?
sorry if its off topic.....ive been a fan of his grows

the grow is looking good kevin
im curious as to why your put all those seedlings in one pot
are you going for a sea of green kind of grow there?
or did you just not have enough pots for each individual plant?
Well Those seedlings in there. i Put like 20 seeds just in the bucket. those are what i got. i might try some kind of SOG outdoor with them. Im not sure. If anyone has tryed that. A little Info would be great.

Well Kevin, their looking good so far without using any nutes. However its in your own best interest to start using nutes at least when they start to flower. Thats if you plan to get any decent yield. Ide go with some good organic nutes such as the Fox Farms line. If you used nutes you wouldnt be dissapointed at all. Ide give your plants a boost of Nitrogen so they fill out and get bigger while their still in veg. Then using flowering nutes with lower levels of N and higher levels of P. If you dont use any nutes your likey to have a defficiency once all usable nutrients in your soil is leeched out and taken in by the plant. Then your going to have to worry about solving the problem when it can be avoided. Dont get me wrong, Its 100% possible to grow without using nutrients, however this is only possible if your medium already contains the neccesary amount. And finding a soil like that is not to likely to happen.

SG

Hm SG. Thanks alot. Where are you able to get these Fox Farm nutes? any garden store? Agway? maybe?

Also I got some pictures today because one plant still seems to have its leaves all drooped down. Like its wilting. Ill post the pictures in a bit.

WELL HERE ARE THE PICTURES:

DSC_1856.JPG

here are my big girls. Looking good Except for the one in the far back.

DSC_1855.JPG

Here is that plant in the back. Looks Like its wilting. :-(

DSC_1857.JPG

A look into the Little ones. They seem to be looking good. two got topped on accident already. Will that effect them? And how long until top them all and put a screen up?

DSC_1858.JPG

Another Top view..I cant wait!.

Thanks for looking
Kevin.

EDIT: now that i look. I should really stop being lazy. and shoot in raw. and process these to get true colors..I will keep that in mind for the next pictures.

Your bigger plants look pretty good. The wilting may be caused by over-watering, but I expect I would see them all affected since they are in the same pot. Also, I would not put more than 1 plant per pot unless it is a large planter box. You may be crowding the roots and killing the smaller plants with the roots from the bigger plants. Just a thought.

Other than that, the big plants look healthy. The plants that got 'accidentally topped' will be fine, they will grow two shoots from where the one was cut.

Your bigger plants look pretty good. The wilting may be caused by over-watering, but I expect I would see them all affected since they are in the same pot. Also, I would not put more than 1 plant per pot unless it is a large planter box. You may be crowding the roots and killing the smaller plants with the roots from the bigger plants. Just a thought.

Other than that, the big plants look healthy. The plants that got 'accidentally topped' will be fine, they will grow two shoots from where the one was cut.

I figured they would shoot out for where they where topped. but i didnt know if it would slow down growth. since they are still smaller.

It may be from overwatering. but i dont thing so. because it was wilting when they needed water.If it continues. I may just pull it. But. i know for a fact it is female. so ireally dont want to pull it.

But untll some day. where im sober enought to type alot.I will be back

thakns for 4 the love

KEVIN:rollit:

Back
Top Bottom