Tnoldons Indoor Lemon Skunk Grow (Poor Man's Grow)

Optimus PrimeBud

Ok lets start with some basic info. This is the first time ever trying to grow. I'm starting with 1 lemon skunk and one unknown feminized seed. The biggest plant had some issues and it looks like its 3 days old but its actually 13 days today and getting back on track. The other seedling sprouted today!

Feminized Lemon Skunk strain
Indica/sativa?
#2 plants
Vegetative
Vegetative Stage... 13day/ 1 day seedling
Indoor
Soil
MG indoor mix
6" pot and 3'pot for seedling
CFL about 4 inches from the plant
fan running onw medium 24/7 directly on the plant
Temperature of Room 75 degrees
RH of Room?
PH of Medium 6.7
no pests
watered 2 times a day morning and night
MG for fertilizer but instructed to stop using for now
medium size closet

DSC_1741.JPG

DSC_1742.JPG

DSC_1743.JPG

DSC_1744.JPG

Re: tnoldons indoor lemon skunk grow (por man grow)

I'd trash that aluminum foil... It'll create hot-spots that'll burn your seedlings. Use a flat whte surface or mylar in its place.

Ok i'll take note of that!! Thanks for the advice! Alright its day 2 and I'll have pictures up this evening I can't wait to see how much she has grown and I'm always surprised at how big these plants get in a matter of days!! Check it out this coming weekend!! I have a DIY cfl reflector in the making and it will add about4-6 more lights!

Also my new seeds will be arriving shortly they include:

1x Flash - Santa - Regular
1x Dutch Passion - Orange Bud - Feminized
1x Seedsman - White Widow - Feminized
2x random Feminized Seeds
1x Nirvana - AK-48 - Feminized

Stitch from flash is a great breeder, so that should be solid genetics m or f.

good choice on the orange bud & WW, classics never go wrong.

I've had issues with Nirvana genetics in the past and especially the ak48. Good bud, but the genetics were not too stable. I ended up with five different phenos from five feminized seeds, all packaged as ak-48. Flowering times ended up all being different as well as acceptible feeding levels. (some were more touchy when it came to nutrients)

Nowdays I stay away from Nirvana. If you're looking for cheap quality genetics, try KCBrains. Bahia Black Head is a very uniform strain that has female rates of about 9/10, Mango is good for indoors too.

Break a leg!

Also is there any place like wal mart or something that sells mylar? I don't have any hydro shops or anything close to me.

lowes or homedepot might sell panda poly (plastic sheeting that's black on one side and white on the other) that's just as good and your plants dont look like they're in a spaceship.

Awesome! I'll have to find that, thanks for helping me out with my set up DustyOldBones! Also would it be ok to grow the orange bud, ww, and santa in the same room seeing as I'm not sure what the santa strain will be and if its male couldn't that ruin my other plants?

Hit up Wally World, go to camping section and find yourself a product called "Emergency Blanket". I believe they are $2.88 a piece and it's like 52" x 85". It is just a folded up piece of mylar.

Also, a quick tip for a successful journal would be to embed your images into your posts. There is a sticky thread in this forum that will explain how to do this.

Good luck!! :thumb:

Thank you for the advice SmokeyMacPots, I'll be headed out to find all the materials I need in the next few days.

DSC_1744.JPG

DSC_1743.JPG

DSC_1741.JPG

Ok bad news I can't post pictures tonight I'm on my iPhone it seems my Internet went down :( but I will post first thing tomorrow morning!

Here is the update. The seedling has gotten bigger and I cam now see her first set of leaves! The steam is looking strong and I'm hoping for this one to be my first successful grow. And as far as the other plant she is still stunted and not much growth but hey she is hanging in there and I'll stay with her until she gives up.

Ok so here are the pictures from last night and this morning!! This is day 3 for the little seedling and day 14 for the larger one that well I'm about to give up on, she is just not growing that much from what I can see. Anyway I'd love feedback on how you think the plants are doing. Or any suggestions.

I water the seedling 2 times a day no nutes at all and the waters Ph is 6.7, and the other one has been over watered so I'm wating 3 days before I water again.

seedling: Night
DSC_1747.JPG

DSC_1745.JPG

seedling: Morning
DSC_1750.JPG

DSC_1751.JPG

And here is the lemon skunk even no she isn't doing to well :(

lemon skunk: Night
DSC_1746.JPG

DSC_1748.JPG

lemon skunk: Morning
DSC_1752.JPG

DSC_1753.JPG

Thanks! yeah I'm hoping this will be my first of many successful grows. I can't wait to start my orange bud, and I'm gonna also start the autoflowering santa just for fun and see what happens :). Hope I'm not posting to many pictures. I want for me and everyone to be able to look back from day one and see the progress as they grow.

lemon skunk looks as if it's suffering from nutrient burn. You havent fed them yet have you?

Yeah the lemon skunk was my first grown and I made the mistake of giving it nutes...LOTS literally one droplet of MG on the plant....not sure what I was thinking :( I wont ever make that mistake again, also both of them are in MG soil with 1/3 perlite mix. I'm hoping to transplant them to fox farm soil this weekend. So do you think she will recover or no since I probably messed her up pretty bad.

it's possible, but that's a lot of stress on a plant....

education is expensive....

Hmmm? well the new seedling is doing fine so maybe I'll just let them be and for my next plants I'll just use fox farm. I'm gonna try and start on in rockwool also. I don;t want to stress the plant and risk losing either one of them.

Ed Rosenthal did a grow w/ MG and Guano side-to-side, the MG did fine in SMALL DOSES. Guano out-performed in trichome production and flavour but that's about it, relitave size was about the same.

What ever you choose to use, make sure not to use it at least the first two weeks. Always use less that it says to ensure that your plants build up a tolerance before giving them a full dose.

Cheers

Alright more pictures!! Here is day 4 for the seedling I believe she is coming along nicely what do you all think? I had an issue with some stink bugs yesterday attaching themselves to the seedling but no worries!! I got ride of them quickly and I think there was no harm done to my baby. Anyway I would like to know in your opinions if the seedling is growing at a good rate? My last grow got stunted at this size and hasn't gotten any more nodes or grown at all, and I'd rather not go through that again.
DSC_1758.JPG

DSC_1759.JPG

Another questions for anyone who has used this growing medium, it is on of those disintegrating pots but its pretty sturdy, if I transplant this into a larger pot will the roots be strong enough to make through the little pot its in now?

Back
Top Bottom