FunkySkunk's 2nd Grow - LED SCROG - Super LemonHaze - TrainWreck -Akorn - Purple Haze

FunkySkunk

Whatsup :420:

Funky's back, this time with LED's ....in the post...waiting for them to arrive.
After recently completing my first ever grow using CFL's, I had to get another grow on as I really enjoy it and got some lovely buds for my stash aswell ;)

My previous grow space had some serious flaws, mainly being non-lightproof and made of fabric so nothing really to attach anything to tidily. I also scrimped on adequate ventilation which bit me on the ass halfway through the grow with some serious heat issues.
So I decided to ditch it and purchased a Budda Room grow tent 1200x1200x2000mm, which i have to say is fantastic, real sturdy and no light leaks.

Also a 4" inline fan with carbon filter for an exhaust, and a 4" intake fan...again, in the post.

But my best upgrade which I can't wait to test out has to be the Led's. I know the situation with them..so many to choose from, dodgy ones on the market etc etc. And it was really hard for me to choose the Blackstar's 240w, but in the end the price won it for me. They were by farrr the cheapest ones for that spec of light, new 2014 model aswell. Anyway more about them when they arrive.

I may still use my 6500k cfl's as side lighting during veg though.

THE PLANTS.

Greenhouse Seeds Super Lemon Haze

Akorn AKA Snowbud - can't wait to see what this turns out like!!!

G13 Labs Purple Haze

Greenhouse Seeds Trainwreck
I am planning on topping these plants in order for them to bush out and fill my screen.

GROWING MEDIUM

I will again be using GP compost, with perlite/vermiculite, Bonemeal, worm casts and bat guana in 30 litre pots.
The nutes I have so far are the Maxicrop organic seaweed extract ones, but may have a dabble in the Foxfarm's line. I will also be rigging up another screen, probably outta garden wire.

Anyway, seeds were planted in my dark cupboard a couple of days ago, should be up tomorrow fingers crossed!!

Grab a seat and stay tuned
Funky.

EDIT: just posted this in wrong thread section, my bad haha

DSCF21881.JPG
DSCF2186.JPG
DSCF21842.JPG
DSCF21732.JPG
DSCF2183.JPG

Re: FunkySkunk's 2nd grow, LED SCROG-SuperLemonHaze, TrainWreck,Akorn,Purple Haze

Sign me up! As soon as I saw the G13 bag in your other journal I had too. Very interested in that strain and its characteristics.

Re: FunkySkunk's 2nd grow, LED SCROG-SuperLemonHaze, TrainWreck,Akorn,Purple Haze

Nice and clean set up.

Good to see you all :welcome:

No signs of life yet, it's a waiting game now! My digital temperature/humidity meter arrived this morning...be interesting to keep an eye on them both this time as I had no way of knowing the temp of my growroom last time!
Peace.

Temps are 69.5F and humidity at 65% in the germination room...sounds about right I think, I keep checking pots every half hour for germination!:laugh::laugh:

need to calm the hell down..:roorrip:

Damn.
Hopefully they will germ, seeds looked fleshy enough. I wouldn't be put off by this strain cos of what happened though dude, just try keep um a little warmer. Temps should be around 68-78F for germination according to the Greenhouse Seeds website, so I'm about right hopefully.
I just need to exercize some patience hahaha :)

nice setup good luck im subscribed

Thanks dude, my seeds still haven't sprouted...the last 2 i did took only 2.5 days but that was in september and it was alot warmer in my house. I'm thinking it's a tad cold in there for them, so I've just added a small electric heater on a thermostat to boost temps up to around 75F.
I'm trying to come up with a way to install a screen for my Scrog...anyone ever fitted a custom diy one to a tent?

Thanks dude, my seeds still haven't sprouted...the last 2 i did took only 2.5 days but that was in september and it was alot warmer in my house. I'm thinking it's a tad cold in there for them, so I've just added a small electric heater on a thermostat to boost temps up to around 75F.
I'm trying to come up with a way to install a screen for my Scrog...anyone ever fitted a custom diy one to a tent?

have some patient it needs time :) leave the house lol

Evening :420:.....hope you are all well :)

I am super well, left for work this morning to this:

DSCF21913.JPG

Just got home to find this...

DSCF21981.JPG
DSCF21971.JPG
DSCF21961.JPG
DSCF21953.JPG
DSCF21941.JPG
DSCF21921.JPG
DSCF21931.JPG

Hurrah!!! 100% germination success! So relieved....also my inline fan, ducting and carbon filter arrived today

DSCF2199.JPG

Just razzed it on quickly and I'm real impressed with the rate of airflow!! Much better to be doing it properly this time, roll on LED panels which should be arriving next week.

:thumb::thumb:

Back
Top Bottom