First Time Grow Closet - CFL & HID - 3 Plants - Check Me Out!

patman13mia

hey thanks for checking out my grow journal.. i have been reading alot of info on here and feel like i have a good understanding of how it all works.. this isnt my first plant actually.. i grew one before but turned into a male so i just discarded and never tried after that.. that was about 6 years ago.. well here is a few pics of my setup and where im at so far.. i put the seed into the ground on 15dec14. i have a ways to go yet but would like to see some ppl subscribe and get some questions and suggestions going!! anything will help me so please post away!! a lil info on me.. im 25, from florida but living in seattle washington loving it up here!! amazing place to live other than the rain!! me and my wife will be growing 3 plants legally and personal medical use.. really curious as to how good i can grow a strong sativa for energy and the strongest indica possible for sleep and anxiety!! hope you guys can help!! heres my setup so far!!

What strain is it? willy wonka / wife still needs to decide on hers go figure
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? sativa
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? just planted seeds
If in Veg... For how long?
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor? indoor
Soil or Hydro? soil
If soil... what is in your mix? fox farms ocean forest 100%
If soil... What size pot?
Size of light? tons of cfl/ HID ballast on the way in a few weeks
Is it aircooled? yes 2 fans and a smal vent system
Temp of Room/cab? 77 hi 64 low
RH of Room/cab? 51%
PH of media or res?
Any Pests ? none
How often are you watering? when soil is dry
Type and strength of ferts used? none at this time

IMG_111727.jpg
IMG_110827.JPG
IMG_110925.JPG
IMG_112029.jpg
IMG_112423.jpg
IMG_111830.jpg

re: First Time Grow Closet - CFL & HID - 3 Plants - Check Me Out!

You are well on your way. Just a few suggestions for the future. When that seedling pops out of The planter to The point you want get those cfls down to a couple inches away cut back on the stretch. Do you know what spectrum the cfls are? And when you transplant I would suggest putting in some perlite when ffof dries it gets pretty hard. A lot off people suggest using dolemite lime in it aswell to stabilize ph. My current grow I used about 2 tbsp per gallon in my final pot. Never tried it before but 5 bucks for 7 lbs at the HD figured why not. I'll be along. to help if I can.

I hope your garden flourishes :thumb:

shes popping out.. and what should i be looking at for wattage for say the next 2 weeks?? im hoping what i have will do.. i will likely pick up another 2 42 watt cfls here in a couple of days.. that should really help till i can get my 400 watt HID ballast.

You are well on your way. Just a few suggestions for the future. When that seedling pops out of The planter to The point you want get those cfls down to a couple inches away cut back on the stretch. Do you know what spectrum the cfls are? And when you transplant I would suggest putting in some perlite when ffof dries it gets pretty hard. A lot off people suggest using dolemite lime in it aswell to stabilize ph. My current grow I used about 2 tbsp per gallon in my final pot. Never tried it before but 5 bucks for 7 lbs at the HD figured why not. I'll be along. to help if I can.

I hope your garden flourishes :thumb:

thanks man appreciate the help. i had done alot of research before and went to buy the perlite and the guys at the grow store told me no that i dont need it. i have seen ppl using it with the fox farms so im gona do more research and prolly buy it. it was cheap anyways.

shes popping out.. and what should i be looking at for wattage for say the next 2 weeks?? im hoping what i have will do.. i will likely pick up another 2 42 watt cfls here in a couple of days.. that should really help till i can get my 400 watt HID ballast.

My veg fixture in only 100 watts but it's the Kelvin temperate of the bulb that is important at the different phases. 6500 for veg and 2700 for flower. Otherwise I run mine in veg for a couple months with 100 watts.

Hey there, thought I'd sub up, hope you don't mind.
Also shot you a pm with some books if you'd like em'

Hey there, thought I'd sub up, hope you don't mind.
Also shot you a pm with some books if you'd like em'

hey man i got that message, thanks a ton dude!! im gonna be busy looking at these tonight!!

also an update.. my wife couldnt decide on what indica she wants but we did get another seed out of the quarter of willy wonka bud we had.. same place we got the first seed.. i hope that they end up being females.. i just now put that seed into the ground so now we have 2 willy wonka. will be getting some bigger cfl's tomorrow thanks for following everybody

Looks like it will be good man! keen to see progress, i just started a CFL grow journal today check it out, Ill defs be subbing.

GOODLUCK! :goodjob:

Heres my journal please like and sub!
Stealth - 130W CFL Veg - 400W HPS Flower - Bag Seed - Soil

Good luck, Ill be watching. I just picked up some cfls and set them up in a jury rigged grow box I'm working on for a veg/clone area. Very interested in what they do.

You being in Florida I imagine that's a good way to go for heat reasons.

I'll be down for spring training again this year.

Seattle is nice, rainy, but nice. Good luck. I found a great soil mix from Jorge Cervantes, guy is a guru.

Nice pots, I've used them for tomatoes. Those upside down cherry ones, worked well.

Good luck, Ill be watching. I just picked up some cfls and set them up in a jury rigged grow box I'm working on for a veg/clone area. Very interested in what they do.

You being in Florida I imagine that's a good way to go for heat reasons.

I'll be down for spring training again this year.

Seattle is nice, rainy, but nice. Good luck. I found a great soil mix from Jorge Cervantes, guy is a guru.

Nice pots, I've used them for tomatoes. Those upside down cherry ones, worked well.

ight well im from florida till about 20 years old and now i live in seattle.. i wish i could get florida weather up here!! lol i will end up in 5 gallon buckets from home depot!!

Lol, so, im dyslexic - sucks when i feed!! Like I said, Seattle is nice!!

well, i start with a very light amount of food, after the clones have "WOKEN UP" as it were. one day, they just seem to start perking up to the light, and reaching. so they have the ability, to start feeding. some streins are hardy. others are light weights, when it comes to feed. gradually increae the amounts, as long as they dont show signs of shyness, etc. i have only been learning this hobby for like maybe over six years. and, its a dairly thing, this learning. i never have had light on for 24/7. all 18/6, until i put em into bloom. 12/12. i think many people over feed. i just dont think that for at least most of em, they really need very high, or often, nutes, in order to do their thing. and, you must consider that all those ferts you dump on em, must be cleaned out of em, as well. i know a grower of many, many, years. and he just feeds his plants twice. ounce in veg, ounce in flower. he uses good organic potting soil, and lots of good water. i just took six god clones, five rhinos, and three strawberry blue. all i put in one gallon of water, to start em at the cut, is one cap of kanga roots, and three drops of superthrive, and a half tsp of dyna gros "pro-tect". and for the first few days, very little light. very little. my clone thing is just one of those rectangular flats, with a dome lid. heat mat uner nearth a towel, below it. sometimes i use the root riots, sitting in their water. other times, i will premoisten the plain soil, and stick the clones dirrectly in this, in tiny lil pots. works great. and no hurry to transplant. i hope this helps, and that i did not ramble on too much. i took a couple hits of this jar of herojauana, i have had. preety good indica. oh. as far as the "time" to leave em in veg, thats up to you. the larger the root mass, the larger the bud mass. on average, id say mine go in at about 16-24 inches. god bud, which is 70% indica. i have heard lots put some satvas in at only six to ten inches. and a very few, from seed!

You won't need nutes in the ffof for 3-4 weeks and if you transplant at that point same deal you get another 4 weeks or so. I don't usually have to feed till flower just up pot sizes through veg.

hell yea that is awesome news!! i think after this lil pot im in im going straight to 5 gallon buckets and thats where ill stay till the end.. that way i dont have to shock them to many times. should i mix the soil 50/50 perlite? if not that ratio what ratio should i mix?

Back
Top Bottom