1000 Real Watts - LED Cobs 16x Vero29 SE

I really like the Vero29.7 3500K. Have the 80Cri versions in 36 and 69V. Very red but vegs good too. Run two D versions up to 70W per chip and the C version isnt powered up yet, i'll drive it pretty low

Current Grow Nebula & Atomical Haze - Soil - 2'x3' Flower - 420W DIY COB - SCROG 45W DIY Veg Light

My journey seeking the light. Found some
SeymoreNugget's DIY talk - Building lights - Sharing ideas
Nice nugget.. Glad you like the chips.. Im getting really excited to start this grow.. Just waiting on my beans to show up and im gonna start them.. Do you have the dimable driver? I love the fact that you can run super efficient during there younger days, then cook em when they get older...
Cheers

9 Or 10 CKS Trainwreck Autos - First Time - Topped - Soilless

Nice nugget.. Glad you like the chips.. Im getting really excited to start this grow.. Just waiting on my beans to show up and im gonna start them.. Do you have the dimable driver? I love the fact that you can run super efficient during there younger days, then cook em when they get older...
Cheers

Haha, yes, you really can cook some plants when you are not careful. The 69V version is for a side project out of scrap parts from an old tech LED panel. I can run 700, 1400... Up to 2800mA
420-magazine-mobile1309666614.jpg

I will use it at 700ma plus red and blue 5w diodes for single plant

If you want to know more about how i use the two D version chips click in the second link in my sig. I use citizen and bridgelux in different spectrum on seperate drivers.

The Veros with external dimmer on a ELG150/1750B and the Citizen on a HLG2401050A with internal dimmer. Of course the external dimming is more flexible, but i like both.
You can see my plants in my journal grown with that light since early january. .

Current Grow Nebula & Atomical Haze - Soil - 2'x3' Flower - 420W DIY COB - SCROG 45W DIY Veg Light

My journey seeking the light. Found some
SeymoreNugget's DIY talk - Building lights - Sharing ideas

Hi Jimmy
How's things coming buddy?
You must of sprouted your new beans.
Really good bud, got one panel finished and hung..
420-magazine-mobile867726988.jpg

Beans have just poked through, no pics but ill update soon.. Ill probably start a new thread for the next run... Im just doing 4 DP Brooklyn Sunrise.. Going on vacation in june, gonna be busy busy couple months.. I still. Have 2 baby booms finishing up under the new panel.. Pretty crazy, i switched a 1000w hps that was about 20" away for the 1 8cob panel at almost 300w and 30-36" away.... Plants were showing signs of light stress... These cobs are bringing the pain.. Im at about 220w now and they seem. To be doing better... Ill post a link when i get it up and running..
420-magazine-mobile737649462.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1638482086.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2013494599.jpg

Cheers

How's the coverage with 8 cobs?
I assume your trying to cover a 4x4 area with each light.
I like your build. It looks nice, neat, and clean. Wanna see those babies in action MR.
Thanks

The 8 cobs have much more spread than the 1000w hps.. And i have one of those xxl hoods.. The height makes the big difference.. When i have both panels in here it is gonna be crazy.. And im only. Pulling 228w..
420-magazine-mobile1709920746.jpg

This was this morning..
420-magazine-mobile237045070.jpg

I have a timber kit coming how would i be able to hook up one of those schnazzy monitors on it?! Thats all my fixture is missing besides like 95 more cobs lol

Sent from my LGLS775 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

U might have to splice in a junction box. If I remember correctly they build plug ins for there connections.. Not 100% on that, but u need access to the wires that come out of the ac side of the driver...
You could have had twice as many cobs if u had built yourself for pretty close to the same price.
I like that timber is doin this to get cobs out to the masses, but wayyyyyy over priced in my eyes..
You'll still have a better led than any premade crap out there bud... Cheers

U might have to splice in a junction box. If I remember correctly they build plug ins for there connections.. Not 100% on that, but u need access to the wires that come out of the ac side of the driver...
You could have had twice as many cobs if u had built yourself for pretty close to the same price.
I like that timber is doin this to get cobs out to the masses, but wayyyyyy over priced in my eyes..
You'll still have a better led than any premade crap out there bud... Cheers

Yea i figured id pay upfront first just to better understand what im actually working with.

Im a hands on visual learner so i understand the process of putting these lights together and how they work its just a matter of doing it.
I didnt feel comfortable spending so much money and risking a mistake my first go round.

When i expand my grow and add cobs ill be doing it myself forsure!
By then what i want to do should be in my price range.

Jimmyjames suggested i get a kill-a-watt

420-magazine-mobile1190073458.jpg

Essentially the same thing except i dont have to void my warranty on my timber kit and i can monitor the wattage of all my equipment as a whole as well as track the cost.

Thank you for getting back to me tho i appreciate the knowledge!

Sent from my LGLS775 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Absolutely buddy, u got cobs thats the real win here.. And the killawatt meter will definitely work. I installed these because i will have 2 panels side by side and want to make sure there pretty close to the same output..
Cheers
Happy cobbing

What do these cost? Ever since I first seen em I wanted one. 2 600w each would put a smile on my plants I bet! ( I run 3 rooms but cfl is fine for cloning )

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

What do these cost? Ever since I first seen em I wanted one. 2 600w each would put a smile on my plants I bet! ( I run 3 rooms but cfl is fine for cloning )

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App
How big are your rooms? I just switched a 1000w hps to 8 cobs running at 220w and plants are responding much better. 27.5w per cob... I will have around 900w on tap if needed, but with my small time with these cobs, i dont know if ill actually ever need it. I did plan on overdoing it a bit just so i wouldn't have to add any after and redesign my panels.. 1200 real cob watts is a lot of power bro.. I would like to see it?
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom