1080w LED Inferno

I never token clones before and was wondering if anyone had ant advise on tips and tricks. whats the best rooting gel or powder ect..? wheres the best place to cut them at, top or bottom? i need at least 2-3 nodes right? leave only the top leaves and cut the bottom ones off for roots right? ive heard you can split the stem to get better roots or skin the sides to get better roots is this true? any advise would be very cool

Twice I typed in a reply to your cloning questions and twice I screwed things up before getting to the posting stage. Things are kind of involved here right now and I can't retype it a third time, so:

Olivia's Cloning Gel.

If you don't have it, don't worry too much as rotting cannabis cuttings is as easy as hitting the ground when you fall off the roof and far less painful. Cut, trim, dip, stick. If sticking into medium instead of water(sic) then make a hole first and gently press medium after sticking to prevent air gaps - you want contact with the wounds. I have found that misting and going nuts with humidity is largely unnecessary (encourage roots to grow by letting the cutting get a little thirsty but don't go overboard - if it lays down it's too thirsty).

I didn't think you were cloning Irish, you can bubble clone with a plastic folgers can and foam blocks to hold the plants in holes cut in the top of the lid of the container. You don't need cloning gel or powders. You don't neet to cut half of the leaf to do it either or a humidity dome. Just keep them in semi darkness, cut the clone at a 45 degree angle bubble in clean water and wait 10 days. When the lower leaves start to wither, this means the plant is directing energy to the future root system. About 10 ml. of 3% H202 will keep the water pathogen free. It's just about that sImple. I did a toutorial over at the city will try to dig it up for ya. .V.
P.S. I cut at the top where the better healthier growth is. I take only the best looking clone.

Twice I typed in a reply to your cloning questions and twice I screwed things up before getting to the posting stage. Things are kind of involved here right now and I can't retype it a third time, so:

Olivia's Cloning Gel.

If you don't have it, don't worry too much as rotting cannabis cuttings is as easy as hitting the ground when you fall off the roof and far less painful. Cut, trim, dip, stick. If sticking into medium instead of water(sic) then make a hole first and gently press medium after sticking to prevent air gaps - you want contact with the wounds. I have found that misting and going nuts with humidity is largely unnecessary (encourage roots to grow by letting the cutting get a little thirsty but don't go overboard - if it lays down it's too thirsty).

Olivias gel, ok.:thumb:

I didn't think you were cloning Irish, you can bubble clone with a plastic folgers can and foam blocks to hold the plants in holes cut in the top of the lid of the container. You don't need cloning gel or powders. You don't neet to cut half of the leaf to do it either or a humidity dome. Just keep them in semi darkness, cut the clone at a 45 degree angle bubble in clean water and wait 10 days. When the lower leaves start to wither, this means the plant is directing energy to the future root system. About 10 ml. of 3% H202 will keep the water pathogen free. It's just about that sImple. I did a toutorial over at the city will try to dig it up for ya. .V.
P.S. I cut at the top where the better healthier growth is. I take only the best looking clone.

that sounds interesting. if you find that link shoot me a pm for sure.
I am thinking of making my clones, the med clubs are raping me per clone and i hate RW cubes. plus i have to drive to get them and its not fun.

that sounds interesting. if you find that link shoot me a pm for sure.
I am thinking of making my clones, the med clubs are raping me per clone and i hate RW cubes. plus i have to drive to get them and its not fun.

Not to take away from TS's method but the bubble way works too. I start clones ahead of time. Just a week or two into the current grow's flower cycle. I'll start the next clone so she has an established root system ahead of time so that when I pull the finished plant, the next clone is ready to go. As you know I grow one plant at a time but you can cut more holes into the top of the coffee can and do as many as you need at the same time.
Sent that pm with the toutorial.

One more thing Bro, you'll want to keep a mother of some of these Cadillac strains of yours. Just for fun I keep Bonsai mothers too she is just 4 inches tall but about 6 months old. This way, you are 100% off the buying grid.

Not to take away from TS's method but the bubble way works too. I start clones ahead of time. Just a week or two into the current grow's flower cycle. I'll start the next clone so she has an established root system ahead of time so that when I pull the finished plant, the next clone is ready to go. As you know I grow one plant at a time but you can cut more holes into the top of the coffee can and do as many as you need at the same time.
Sent that pm with the toutorial.

One more thing Bro, you'll want to keep a mother of some of these Cadillac strains of yours. Just for fun I keep Bonsai mothers too she is just 4 inches tall but about 6 months old. This way, you are 100% off the buying grid.

ya i might make one out of a 5 gal bucket, for more sites.

i wont be cloning this time. ill her a mom next time and be cloning her.
thanks for the info:thumb: +rep

Hey Irish, just found your new thread and figured I would say hello. I'm still not fully caught up with the posts but I will get to that later tomorrow.

Wanting to see what kind of results you get with these higher temps but I don't really expect you will have that many problems with it. Keeping the roots cool is more than half the battle and I feel you will get that down to a science long before the end of the grow. If you are having problems keeping the water to the roots cool I for one and I'm sure there are many other's who can give some good suggestions as to how to keep the water temp's cooled down.

Good luck brother, will be keeping an eye on things in case I can be of any help.

Hey Irish, just found your new thread and figured I would say hello. I'm still not fully caught up with the posts but I will get to that later tomorrow.

Wanting to see what kind of results you get with these higher temps but I don't really expect you will have that many problems with it. Keeping the roots cool is more than half the battle and I feel you will get that down to a science long before the end of the grow. If you are having problems keeping the water to the roots cool I for one and I'm sure there are many other's who can give some good suggestions as to how to keep the water temp's cooled down.

Good luck brother, will be keeping an eye on things in case I can be of any help.

welcome! glad to see you here.

you should read threw the thread, its allot of reading but tons of A+ info. we already covered the cooling of roots, lots of great info and different ways to do this on here. i think if i pull of this high heat this will be a killer grow, my new led setup is bad ass and allot of light beaming down on the plants. if not ill knock out the grow when its cooler. but i think ill be fine. keep posted on here just in case you see some good info you can share.
:thanks:

irish,
everything you do here is great....and the info is wonderful...to miss a few tricks is nothing, besides, if you're not making goofs, you're not learning, and wouldnt it be a sad world to learn nothing, i'm older than dirt and learn daily, alot thanks to you and this thread....thanks for being here...lavendar:thanks:

PM sent and welcome to this great forum

irish,
everything you do here is great....and the info is wonderful...to miss a few tricks is nothing, besides, if you're not making goofs, you're not learning, and wouldnt it be a sad world to learn nothing, i'm older than dirt and learn daily, alot thanks to you and this thread....thanks for being here...lavendar:thanks:
That's a good question... just how old is everyone in the group? I'm gonna be 52 very soon, that would be older than dirt to some. .V.

Not to take away from TS's method but the bubble way works too.

Lol, at least one of the first two tries I made at posting that (I kept screwing up in my browser and losing them, lol) used the term "aerated solution." The nearest hydroponics store to my location has a glass in the window with cuttings in it and a longish airstone in it.

People have been rooting cuttings almost as long as they've been farming (thousands of years).

If you want to do something a little bit different, do a search on "air cloning" or "air layering." Then when you "cut" a branch you know it'll be a viable plant because it'll already have roots on it.

irish,

thank you girl.
and thank you for being a part of my thread. Every day i learn something new, when it comes to growing i keep learning all the time, you can never know it all when it comes to growing.

Irish, here's Spike's way

pretty danged simple.

Before I had heard about all the fancy ways, we just took the toppings, dipped them in Root Tone, stuck 'em in dirt. Worked most of the time... it seems rootone has some objectionable chems, though.

Our hydro store sold me on Olivia's, but I haven't tried it yet. If I get a Jamaican lady, I'll name her Olivia and treat her to Spike's method. :ganjamon:

:peace:

Irish, here's Spike's way

pretty danged simple.

Before I had heard about all the fancy ways, we just took the toppings, dipped them in Root Tone, stuck 'em in dirt. Worked most of the time... it seems rootone has some objectionable chems, though.

Our hydro store sold me on Olivia's, but I haven't tried it yet. If I get a Jamaican lady, I'll name her Olivia and treat her to Spike's method. :ganjamon:

:peace:

thank you, thats an interesting & easy way of doing it. :thanks:

Hey guyz. Crappity, crap. I tried to PM for the clone tutorial but don't have enough posts. Being the FNG blowz. LOL! Ah well. I'll just have to remember to ask for it after my account ripens. Have a great day, all!

EDIT: Irish, you should put the awards you won next to the title of your grows in your sig. Just so people will know. Like next to "(COMPLETED)" you can add "NOTM WINNER, POTM WINNER, etc."

Back
Top Bottom