1080w LED Inferno

I think that definately could be the solution.

You are mixing your floramicro in your res first as well right? Before adding the floragro and florabloom

yup always micro 1st. he was talking about thinking of water as + electronic and negative. he said they all need to tie in together and what i am doing is breaking them up thats why the res is cloudy. when u add the silica 1st its not cloudy because ur tying them together. IDK i was pretty high though.lol

right now i am just going to feed the H2O2, silica, and cal/mag with a PH 6.0
then next feeding ill go back to feeding them as normal.

ok so i think i found out how to cure my problem. i have a friend thats been growing in sunshine for years and i was telling him my problem, he said he uses his PH @ 6.0 with SunShine#4 and has no problems. i was talking to him about my mix and i learned i was mixing my nutes the wrong way. i was mixing the 3 part 1st and he said i have to mix the H2O2 1st then the silica and then the 3 part. he told me ur res gets all cloudy when you add the silica right? and i said yes he said i breaking up the nutes and causing lockout. the silica goes 1st before your main nutes.

I dont know how true this is but its worth a try, his plants are always great. but my only question is then why wouldn't the perlite ones be getting the same problem since its the same mix to them? he was saying something about the sun shine is holding too much moister and thats why

Irish, I'm not sure if exactly understand the why of the mixing sequence... but it seems worth some thought.

How do you actually mix your stuff? I'm putting everything in the bottom of a 5 gal bucket, then mixing it with a hose sprayer. Fill the bucket, pH the solution, then adjust down (in my case). Am I doing this wrong too?!?! Man, farming is complicated LOL.

:peace:

Irish, I'm not sure if exactly understand the why of the mixing sequence... but it seems worth some thought.

How do you actually mix your stuff? I'm putting everything in the bottom of a 5 gal bucket, then mixing it with a hose sprayer. Fill the bucket, pH the solution, then adjust down (in my case). Am I doing this wrong too?!?! Man, farming is complicated LOL.

WOW WOW!!!! are you telling me ur mixing all ur nutes concentrated together and then filling with water and its mixing ur nutes? what all the things u add when feeding?

WOW WOW!!!! are you telling me ur mixing all ur nutes concentrated together and then filling with water and its mixing ur nutes? what all the things u add when feeding?

I'm guessing I should be embarrased? Yup, I put 1 tsp/gal of FoxFarm Grow Big, 2 tbls/gal of Big Bloom, 1 tbls/gal 29% H2O2... then 4gals of water cause 5gals is a pain to carry.

Looks like I'm going to have to get all scientific, huh? :grinjoint:

And, my girls say to thank you for any help :peace:

I'm guessing I should be embarrased? Yup, I put 1 tsp/gal of FoxFarm Grow Big, 2 tbls/gal of Big Bloom, 1 tbls/gal 29% H2O2... then 4gals of water cause 5gals is a pain to carry.

All I know is that it depends on what you're using - most two part formulas come that way because the different salts would lock each other up if mixed together in a high concentration.

No need to be embarrass! we all learn on way or the other.

Ya dont ever mix you nutes all together in concentrated forum. you will only cause issues and lock out things. its should say on the back of the bottle not to mix like that. i know it doest with GH. i know for a fact if it was GH you would have some serious problems.

i would take my buddies advice if you want and mix the H2O2 1st then so on. then let it mix for a while then add PH down let it sit for a while then check Ph again make sure it didnt flex on you. if using tap water let it sit out for at least 24hrs to get the chlorine out.

i know how 5 gal is a pain but just get another bucket and fill it with just a little at a time until u get the 5 gals. it will take more time but allot les heavy for you

All I know is that it depends on what you're using - most two part formulas come that way because the different salts would lock each other up if mixed together in a high concentration.

Cool, from what I'm reading these FF nutes can (and it seems they should) be mixed. I'm also giving them about 1/2 the dose.

Thanks for the heads up, tho... I'm going to have to stop throwing the directions away :grinjoint:

Cool, from what I'm reading these FF nutes can (and it seems they should) be mixed. I'm also giving them about 1/2 the dose.

Thanks for the heads up, tho... I'm going to have to stop throwing the directions away :grinjoint:

ya mix them one at a time in water. you realize how many people you probably just helped by that question? i bet their are a ton of growers following this thread that dont post and didnt know this either. you just helps lots of others. :bravo:

ya mix them one at a time in water. you realize how many people you probably just helped by that question? i bet their are a ton of growers following this thread that dont post and didnt know this either. you just helps lots of others. :bravo:

I love to help, especially in the cannabis awareness field!

But just in case there's anybody who is especially thick out there...

With this FF, fer instance, would I fill the bucket with water,add H202, stir (James Bond's favorite), add the Silica (it's on order), stir, add the Grow Big, stir, add the Big Bloom, stir and serve?

Also, if I wanted to add Azamax, or something similar, where would that fit in?

Superthrive?

It is pretty cool, the science thing... especially the cloning bwaaa,haaaa,haaaa,ha :grinjoint:

I'm not meaning to hijack your thread, jest a dum noobie.

I love to help, especially in the cannabis awareness field!

But just in case there's anybody who is especially thick out there...

With this FF, fer instance, would I fill the bucket with water,add H202, stir (James Bond's favorite), add the Silica (it's on order), stir, add the Grow Big, stir, add the Big Bloom, stir and serve?

Also, if I wanted to add Azamax, or something similar, where would that fit in?

Superthrive?

It is pretty cool, the science thing... especially the cloning bwaaa,haaaa,haaaa,ha :grinjoint:

I'm not meaning to hijack your thread, jest a dum noobie.

i would add the water, H2O2, Silica, grow, bloom and everything els after that. i dont really think everything has to be in order. maybe just the H2O2 and silica.

i know with the GH flora series you have to aways add the micro 1st before the flora grow and bloom..

dont worry bro your not thread jacking, this is your thread also, post as much as you want i dont mind

Yeah, you can find epsom salts all over the place. Look in the grocery store in the health products. Among other things, people put it into hot baths when they're sore and need a good soak. Just read the ingredients.

Probably don't need it - basically just magnesium without calcium.

IDK, been a while? 1tsp per gallon? Slightly less?

Yeah, if you are noticing that adding something immediately turns your reservoir cloudy then it's almost certainly because it's causing something that's already dissolved in solution to precipitate out.

I'm pretty sure that between the two it'll be the silica that's causing the clouding and pH shenanigans and not the H2O2. For one thing if you're talking about just a few (25 or less) ml/gal of 3% peroxide then that's really a rather minute amount (for purposes of this discussion). For another thing, I always added it LAST because of its tendency to start breaking down when agitated and I mixed up my nutrients in 3-gallon jugs at a time so that I could shake the living daylights (another Bond reference, lol) out of the jug after each and every addition of a component. Also because on the days that I wasn't adding nutrient I would throw the H2O2 into the add-back water or the add-back water with a little bit of Flora Bloom (if the pH of the reservoir had managed to climb out of range and I wanted to gently drop it back in without using pH Down or dumping the reservoir). I always put the H2O2 in last. Sometimes I'd just add it into the reservoir if it was hot and I was in a hurry. Couldn't tell you how many times I thought, "Well, I'm boosting it now so tonight when I get back I'll be sure to NOT add it again..." and then would forget and last thing before pouring whatever I was adding into the reservoir I would dump in more H2O2.

It's really quite healthy in low doses. It even makes passable mouthwash or when mixed with baking soda to form a paste, toothpaste. Kills germs in a human's mouth and that's one nasty place as far as microbial life is concerned.

Just remember as previously mentioned, some of the microbial life that it kills will be good microbial life (or good as long as it doesn't take over anyway). If you're using it in appreciable amounts I wouldn't use beneficials. With your nutrient mix though it's not like you really need microbial life to break down the large-chain molecules into components that your plants can uptake since they're largely coming out of the bottles that way in the first place.

Just rambling. It's either that or call and check on mon cheri. Which I should do but since I already know the answer...

Anyway, yeah. You MIGHT have an honest deficiency but since it happened all at once I'm guessing that you're correct it has to be a lockout caused either by wanky pH (most likely) or an overabundance of another nutrient. The latter is why I suggested you ease off on the Ca while still giving them Mg. Well, more precisely, MgSO4·7H2O I guess, magnesium sulfate heptahydrate or whatever epsom salt is properly called. But it wouldn't have calcium in it. Don't think that (the latter) is your problem but it's one possibility.

Yeah, you can find epsom salts all over the place. Look in the grocery store in the health products. Among other things, people put it into hot baths when they're sore and need a good soak. Just read the ingredients.

Probably don't need it - basically just magnesium without calcium.

IDK, been a while? 1tsp per gallon? Slightly less?

Yeah, if you are noticing that adding something immediately turns your reservoir cloudy then it's almost certainly because it's causing something that's already dissolved in solution to precipitate out.

I'm pretty sure that between the two it'll be the silica that's causing the clouding and pH shenanigans and not the H2O2. For one thing if you're talking about just a few (25 or less) ml/gal of 3% peroxide then that's really a rather minute amount (for purposes of this discussion). For another thing, I always added it LAST because of its tendency to start breaking down when agitated and I mixed up my nutrients in 3-gallon jugs at a time so that I could shake the living daylights (another Bond reference, lol) out of the jug after each and every addition of a component. Also because on the days that I wasn't adding nutrient I would throw the H2O2 into the add-back water or the add-back water with a little bit of Flora Bloom (if the pH of the reservoir had managed to climb out of range and I wanted to gently drop it back in without using pH Down or dumping the reservoir). I always put the H2O2 in last. Sometimes I'd just add it into the reservoir if it was hot and I was in a hurry. Couldn't tell you how many times I thought, "Well, I'm boosting it now so tonight when I get back I'll be sure to NOT add it again..." and then would forget and last thing before pouring whatever I was adding into the reservoir I would dump in more H2O2.

It's really quite healthy in low doses. It even makes passable mouthwash or when mixed with baking soda to form a paste, toothpaste. Kills germs in a human's mouth and that's one nasty place as far as microbial life is concerned.

Just remember as previously mentioned, some of the microbial life that it kills will be good microbial life (or good as long as it doesn't take over anyway). If you're using it in appreciable amounts I wouldn't use beneficials. With your nutrient mix though it's not like you really need microbial life to break down the large-chain molecules into components that your plants can uptake since they're largely coming out of the bottles that way in the first place.

Just rambling. It's either that or call and check on mon cheri. Which I should do but since I already know the answer...

Anyway, yeah. You MIGHT have an honest deficiency but since it happened all at once I'm guessing that you're correct it has to be a lockout caused either by wanky pH (most likely) or an overabundance of another nutrient. The latter is why I suggested you ease off on the Ca while still giving them Mg. Well, more precisely, MgSO4·7H2O I guess, magnesium sulfate heptahydrate or whatever epsom salt is properly called. But it wouldn't have calcium in it. Don't think that (the latter) is your problem but it's one possibility.

ya i was reading that use should use epsom salt at 1/2tsp per gal.

ya i agree when the silica is turning something cloudy its not good, and once its doesnt do it when added before then that shows its time and place.

Shit bro i dont know when to add this H2O2 my friend and hydro guy say before nutes, but what ur saying makes sense also. breaking down when agitated. i would love to here when others use this also?

by the way i am using the 29% H2O2. it says 3ml per gal on the bottle.
and i stopped adding my flora blend figure its a waist if the H2O2 will kill the microbial life. also i was thinking its organic and probably not to good for a res and more for soil.

i think the lockout if from the PH getting whacked out of range because of the peat moss. I feed them today with PH6.0 and the run off was 5.7
i AGREE ABOUT OVER DOING IT WITH THE CAL AND WHEN I GO TO THE STORE ILL PICK UP SOME EPSOM SALT. shit i hat when i hit the caps.lol. too lazy to type that out again.

by the way i am using the 29% H2O2. it says 3ml per gal on the bottle.

Roughly 10x the strength of department-store peroxide so it makes sense that the dosages would be roughly 1/10.

and i stopped adding my flora blend figure its a waist if the H2O2 will kill the microbial life. also i was thinking its organic and probably not to good for a res and more for soil.

I just glanced at the ingredients list on the label of mine. I don't know if it's a waste but I don't feel that it would be harmful. Thinking about putting a little bit in the cat's food to see if it perks him up, lol.

AfaIK the only product in the General Hydroponics line (not counting their General Organics subset) that contains any kind of life is one of the original (not Plus) Floralicious products. But I can't swear to it.

i think the lockout if from the PH getting whacked out of range because of the peat moss. I feed them today with PH6.0 and the run off was 5.7
i AGREE ABOUT OVER DOING IT WITH THE CAL AND WHEN I GO TO THE STORE ILL PICK UP SOME EPSOM SALT. shit i hat when i hit the caps.lol. too lazy to type that out again.

If it's the worst thing you do then you're a better man than I. For that matter, if it's the worst thing that you do TONIGHT then...

Soil growers sometimes end up throwing in some lime to offset what the peat in their soil breaking down does to the pH. And not just cannabis soil growers, either. It's a known thing that I didn't even think of originally (My mental capacity seems to decrease when I'm NOT partaking - go figure).

It's definitely not an inert ingredient like perlite. If perlite "breaks down," all you get is smaller pieces of perlite.;)

Head hurts, heart hurts, back hurts - and that empty spot in my bowl doesn't exactly feel good, either. Think I'll shut down the computer and go for a walk. Y'all stay cool, now.

Roughly 10x the strength of department-store peroxide so it makes sense that the dosages would be roughly 1/10.

I just glanced at the ingredients list on the label of mine. I don't know if it's a waste but I don't feel that it would be harmful. Thinking about putting a little bit in the cat's food to see if it perks him up, lol.

AfaIK the only product in the General Hydroponics line (not counting their General Organics subset) that contains any kind of life is one of the original (not Plus) Floralicious products. But I can't swear to it.

If it's the worst thing you do then you're a better man than I. For that matter, if it's the worst thing that you do TONIGHT then...

Soil growers sometimes end up throwing in some lime to offset what the peat in their soil breaking down does to the pH. And not just cannabis soil growers, either. It's a known thing that I didn't even think of originally (My mental capacity seems to decrease when I'm NOT partaking - go figure).

It's definitely not an inert ingredient like perlite. If perlite "breaks down," all you get is smaller pieces of perlite.;)

Head hurts, heart hurts, back hurts - and that empty spot in my bowl doesn't exactly feel good, either. Think I'll shut down the computer and go for a walk. Y'all stay cool, now.

bro you crack me up.lol leave the cat alone!lol

this is what i found

FLORABLEND
Vegan Plant Booster

We take a diverse mixture of highly bioactive microorganisms and feed them a feast of select food sources in a hyper oxygenated environment. These beneficial microorganisms multiply consuming these food sources and through bioconversion processes new organic compounds are formed. These highly soluble organic compounds increase and promote healthy root structures, build the plants immune system and provide carbon building blocks for plant processes responsible for color and flavor of fruits and vegetables.

FloraBlend is a vegan product and contains no animal derived ingredients.
FloraBlend is a completely digested ferment, which translates into a very stable product and long or indefinite shelf life.
FloraBlend is very clean product that can be utilized in all hydroponic systems.
FloraBlend is a compost tea that is fermented from a proprietary blend of plant materials, plus seaweed, rock powders and micronized leonardite .

i should have mixed lime in my SS mix i was thinking that and kicking myself for not doing it.

i have one fear. that the H2O2 will react with my organic bloom enhancer called Green Fuse. i cant give that product up, i love it. if they wont get along maybe once a week ill just add the H2O2 and the rest just my regular feeding?

bro you crack me up.lol leave the cat alone!lol

He's safe - there's no white meat on a cat.

i have one fear. that the H2O2 will react with my organic bloom enhancer called Green Fuse. i cant give that product up, i love it. if they wont get along maybe once a week ill just add the H2O2 and the rest just my regular feeding?

Keep in mind that organic does not automatically mean "living" (although the reverse is generally true in this neck of the universe - kind of a rectangle doesn't have to be a square but a square is definitely a rectangle thing).

Like the FloraBlend. It's not microbial organisms. It's, well, microbial organism's shit. Mini-manure, if you will.

If there's nothing alive (actively or in stasis) in your GF then it shouldn't have any affect.

He's safe - there's no white meat on a cat.

Keep in mind that organic does not automatically mean "living" (although the reverse is generally true in this neck of the universe - kind of a rectangle doesn't have to be a square but a square is definitely a rectangle thing).

Like the FloraBlend. It's not microbial organisms. It's, well, microbial organism's shit. Mini-manure, if you will.

If there's nothing alive (actively or in stasis) in your GF then it shouldn't have any affect.

ah got you. so i an just string mini shit into my plant food. good to know.

You should not mix the fox farm nutes together without water. From the Fox Farm website FAQ

They even list the same warning on the feed schedules on their website

Do you use the FF.If so is a good idea to add cal-mag to the feeding schedule for earoponic.This will be my first hydro grow The norm is outdoor and althow FF and humboldt hydro work well in soil Im kinda feeling its lacking MAG. in hydro i may be over feeding but ppms are pretty low for tomatoes.

Back
Top Bottom