12/12 - 336 Watt CFL - Soil

Blackheart

Hello everybody I've been reading for a while now getting all the wisdom I can outta this place and I am almost ready with a setup but a grow is going actually( few tweeks left to fix with the setup ). So here is my info any advice is welcome, always room for improvement :Namaste:
Setup:
Grow Tent
Light:
336 watt cfl = 19250 lumens
13750 lumens red light (2700k)
5500 lumens blue light (6500k)
Strain:
Unkown (first trial experimental bagseeds, good ones though)
Type of grow:
Soil
12/12 light/dark period from seed.
Air circulation:
Bathroom vent don't know it's parameters.
I fell like I'm forgetting something(high):tokin: please ask if some info is missing ; now to the pics:
IMG_047215.JPG

IMG_046814.JPG

IMG_046215.JPG

IMG_046015.JPG

IMG_046616.JPG

IMG_046417.JPG

IMG_047012.JPG

P.S. The big plant is from an old crappy box I couldnt't make this one in time. You can see it didn't branch out. It's 8 weeks into flowering. The smaller females are 1 month old at 12/12. And the other ones are just less then a week.

Re: 12/12; 336watt cfl; soil;

I'm using a brand from my own country its NPK is: 6.6%, 4.4%, 5.5%
And I've used different kinds of soil since the stores around change their suppliers all the time.

I'm using a brand from my own country its NPK is: 6.6%, 4.4%, 5.5%
And I've used different kinds of soil since the stores around change their suppliers all the time.
I feed them only if they take more than 2 or 3 months to grow since the soild already has a lot of food in it and I'm afraid I might burn them. If they take longer to grow(slower strain) I feed them every 2 weeks. Happy to have a follower hello hope you'll enjoy the future pics

I bought some higher P nutes today thanks for the advice, how often do you think I should feed them having in mind hey are small plants. And second question as u can see in first pic none of the fems branch out, do u think I need more light to fix that ?

Here are some new photoes the older fems with close up and 2 new young ones.. and some new very young unidentified plants. Im still doing 12/12. Still have a problem with them not making any mass, so I'm thinking of getting a new 150w hps hope it wont create heat problems in my tent. Im feeding the 2 older fems once a week with full strenght of nutrients they don't seem ok with that :) Im feeding them with 2 different kinds of nutrients to see which one will give me better rezults.

P.S. theres also a pic of a bud of an older plant i grew(it's gone now) It was in the older pics. Not quite happy with it but then again it wasn't fed well. After each close up theres a full scale shot of the plant the close up was taken.
IMG_049217.JPG
IMG_049715.JPG
IMG_049513.JPG
IMG_049614.JPG
IMG_049916.JPG
IMG_049813.JPG
IMG_048313.JPG

could i just ask ,the watts you are giving us is this the actual watts of the bulb and not the advertised same output as incandecent, for instance a 23watt cfl is only a 23watt cfl, even though it says it gives out 100watt of light, this is no comparision so is the watts your using the actual watts, if it is then id switch to hps, your using a lot of watts to get very little light, you could get a 400 actual watt dual spectrum hps that gives out 55,000 lumins and the light spreads a whole lot further, i was using cfl and they got me well into flower, but i was using nearly 400 actual watts and made the jump to a 400 watt hps, i am using the same watts but the plants are growing 3 times as quick and the buds are going to be a whole lot more solid,

It is the actual wattage not the incandescent equivalent. The main box on top has 10x24watts turn to the sides for a main source and I've got 5 more as sidelights to the plants.
Wouldn't a 400watt HPS be to much heat for a small tent. I was thinking of something like 150watt and I am still worried becouse of the heat. At least from what I have read it is a problem in small spaces.
And a second question is it better to buy lights from a grow shop or from your local specialized lights shop will there be difference in lumens per watt between the two ?
P.S. just trimmed the older ladies to allow more light to the buds the 2 new ones are fine and have received their first feed 1/4 strnght, Im gonna post pics of the 2 older one after team as soon as i get around to take them they have a lot of crystals but still transperant some brown hairs here and there and the small one smells delicious :thumb:

hps is a huge heat problem, loads of growers say cfls produce a load of heat but they dont i managed to keep the temps well below 80, 78f is the prefered growing range, where you get your lights from shouldnt matter, the best lumin to watt ratio is the 23 watt cfls so if you can get then then do, but this also means you need to get more lights in their to get the lumins from the cfl, i found the 30watt give off more light and tend to be a better option, the higher the watt the brighter the light for obvious reasons but you get less lumins per watt with higher wattage cfls, i think a 150 hps might also be to hot unless you have a air cooled light reflector this should keep the temps down, by the looks of your set up it looks like you know the lights give off more light from the side of the bulb, so you are getting the most light from them, i found cfls kept my plants small and bushy but others say they stretch, i struggled to get any height from mine they just bushed out loads, and it was only when i switched to hps that the plants started to stretch a bit,

id go with the cheapest cfls you can do as watt to lumin is pretty much roughly the same, just make sure your reflecting as much back onto the plants as you can, by the looks of it you have also got this covered,

:skeptical: Hmm well I think I've decided. I'm gonna make another setup. Since the 150 watt hps is too hot however, I think I'm gonna get a 70 watt one plus some cfls. Both setups will be running together the cfl one is going to continue as before on a 12/12 from seed regime, and the hps+cfl one is going to be both for veg and flowering. But more on that when I make it. For now here are some pics of the two older girls after trim, and the rest of the small ones some about to pop other already growing :)
IMG_051713.JPG

IMG_05219.JPG

IMG_05237.JPG

hey man just a tip when ur leafs are crawling down it means ur watering it to mush how many times do u water ur plants man also i see some yellowing on some of ur plants it means u should add some N even tho ur doing 12/12 usally u dont need that much N in flowering but u should maybe give a extra dose to help it thats just my 2 cents good luck looking good

Hey man what up, the leaf curling was from dehydration i though i watered all the small cups but it seems I left that one out... I watered it,but it's leaves stayed down for a whole day when they came back up they had some damage one them.
I will certainly try out the higher N thanks I was wondering about that yellowing. I am using 2 types of nutes atm one is veg NPK:6.6/4.4/5.5
and a flowering one with NPK:4/6/6 I'm doing a test using veg one with higher N on the smaller of the older plants and flower on the tall one to see which will give me better results.
Checked out your grow those are some very crispy buds man from ur first grow man thts a lot of trychs what kinda nutes did u use ?

Famous 7 drop formula with micronutrients for feeding all indoor and outdoor plants.

Schultz plant food npk 10 15 10 for veg and SCHULTZ bloom 32oz 5-30-5 Liquid Bloom Builder Plant Food. SCHULTZ

can't wait to see the harvest/yeild please note how much your yeild is at the end.
Soon enough i will start my own grow and take notes before i do.

Thats some strong nutes man. Since Im a novice at this guess im just afraid not to burn them.
Chillts420 eagerly expecting your grow man welcome and Ill make sure to post all info of harvesting including yield and curing :)

Back
Top Bottom