120w blurple grow: How much can I expect?

datfatboi

i wanna grow 1 plant under a 120w blurple

i have a few grows under my belt so far.

i wanna know, how can i maximize yield indoors? (i usually do outdoors) what yield can i expect per watt? electricity is hella expensive here so i'm trying to figure out if it's even worth it

i'm looking for the highest yield (quantity over quality)

i usually grow in soil, does the media affect the yield?

So the basic answer, based on the minimal information..2-3 oz with proper training. That's without knowing a couple of minor facts.

Using a basis of power draw from the wall *.6 should provide your yeild.

So your light, 120w *.6 you get 72g which is 2.5oz roughly.

Now these are basic numbers, variances will differe between strain to even phenotype of that strain to environment.

Is that 120W true power? If you want quantity over quality then hydro (coco, hempy, DWC etc) is probably the way to go. My understanding is it will generally outperform soil for yield. I think anywhere from 1-2g per watt with LED but there's a lot of variables to influence that. I've had close to 5oz under a 65W light.

That's under a good quality 65 true watts LED.

When I ran old blurple lights (ie old 300w Mars Hydros that actually pulled 120w from the wall) about the best I could do was 3.5-4oz per plant. The newer style "white lights" (ie 3500k spectrum) I can double that. Considering you can probably find a fixture like that for $100-$120 USD, it more than pays for itself in a hurry. $120 divided by 4 extra ounces is $30 per ounce. Try finding that deal in a dispensary.

Yes the growing medium can effect yield, but how well you execute your grow probably means more. A real good soil grower can come close to those who grow well in soil-less, coco, or hydro. Myself I like soil-less mixes (peat based) for simplicity and feed water soluble dry fertilizer (since soil-less mixes have no real nutrition for the plant on their own).

So the basic answer, based on the minimal information..2-3 oz with proper training. That's without knowing a couple of minor facts.

Using a basis of power draw from the wall *.6 should provide your yeild.

So your light, 120w *.6 you get 72g which is 2.5oz roughly.

Now these are basic numbers, variances will differe between strain to even phenotype of that strain to environment.
which site do you recommend for XXL autos? i usually buy from royal seeds but they don't have xxl autos....

Is that 120W true power? If you want quantity over quality then hydro (coco, hempy, DWC etc) is probably the way to go. My understanding is it will generally outperform soil for yield. I think anywhere from 1-2g per watt with LED but there's a lot of variables to influence that. I've had close to 5oz under a 65W light.

That's under a good quality 65 true watts LED.
yes it's 120 from the wall i've tested it.

i've never grown in coco, is it harder? and is it easier to F up?

how much more do you think hydro yields in terms of percentage compared to soil?

When I ran old blurple lights (ie old 300w Mars Hydros that actually pulled 120w from the wall) about the best I could do was 3.5-4oz per plant. The newer style "white lights" (ie 3500k spectrum) I can double that. Considering you can probably find a fixture like that for $100-$120 USD, it more than pays for itself in a hurry. $120 divided by 4 extra ounces is $30 per ounce. Try finding that deal in a dispensary.

Yes the growing medium can effect yield, but how well you execute your grow probably means more. A real good soil grower can come close to those who grow well in soil-less, coco, or hydro. Myself I like soil-less mixes (peat based) for simplicity and feed water soluble dry fertilizer (since soil-less mixes have no real nutrition for the plant on their own).
if i go with soil what pot size do you recommend considering the 120w light? is there really any harm in going a bit bigger if you're careful about overwatering?

yes it's 120 from the wall i've tested it.

how much more do you think hydro yields in terms of percentage compared to soil?
I'm a soil grower but just read many times that for highest yield hydro is best. Apart from that I couldn't say. I am thinking of trying a hempy grow soon. I think with coco you can correct deficiencies etc quicker with hydro/coco. You have to be in a position to water daily or multiple times a day with coco though. Depends how much free time you have I guess.

which site do you recommend for XXL autos? i usually buy from royal seeds but they don't have xxl autos....

With autos, the breeders genetics means a lot. More so than fems or regs. I've had my best results with Fastbuds and Dutch Passion Autos. Dinafem and Royal Queen are decent. Grown a lot of Sweet Seeds and can't really recommend their autos. Good quality but small yields.

Compared to a soil-less mix or soil, yes it's harder and there's a ton more to F up. With coco you have to water way more often (daily or 2x daily). You also have to pH your nute solution. With a soil-less mix or soil, you do not have to pH you nute solution (yep, I'll start a war here for sure, but science doesn't lie) and you only have to water every couple days or so.

if i go with soil what pot size do you recommend considering the 120w light? is there really any harm in going a bit bigger if you're careful about overwatering?

5 gal. Maybe could get away with 3. 7, the light probably isn't going to be powerful enough to justify that big a container/grow a plant that would require that size pot.

Back
Top Bottom