17 Sq' Oxyponics - 1KW AC - 1st Grow

You have a very nice looking setup, I wish you luck. The ladies seem to be loving their new home.

For a first grow, this is one of the more impressive setups I've seen, props.

Day 15

IMG_20121101_063401.jpg

lights on = 80 f, 40 rh
lights off= 70 f, 60 rh

IMG_20121101_080225.jpg

Day 16
IMG_20121102_064237.jpg

indica-sativa hybrid: OG Kush

day 21
flush & fill
half dose nutrients
IMG_20121107_050039.jpg

Looking good there bunches, can you tell me running the 1K Watter how often does your a/c run? I have the same a/c and will be running a 1K Watt HPS at the end of the month. Also wondering is this your 1st GLR? If not how do you like it compared to vegging for 18-24 hours? I am also running a GLR schedule but have no idea if I notice things I like or if I'll run it again
Thanks and your grows looking nice
A+

day 26

temp and humidity
lights off: 70f and 90rh
lights on: 80f and 40rh

plan on switching to flowering this week:
change MH bulb to HPS, change timer to 12on/12off
switch nutrients to Sensi Bloom
get ready to turn on odor filter

(odor) filter sits on floor with fan on top pulling air in through the filter and out the top. I removed the hose that took the filtered air outside the grow tent to keep my CO2, so now the air gets filtered and just stays in the tent. Perhaps I'm missing an opportunity to remove unwanted humidity.
IMG_20120816_092254.jpg

(ac) the ac is a two-hose unit: exhaust through one hose, intake through the other hose (hooked to its own filter), and the cold air comes out of the front of the unit. I may use the ac for humidity control later by using it's dehumidifier function... but I'd have to hook up its drain hose.
IMG_20120816_092235.jpg

(air-cooled light) I thought the temps would be higher in the tent, but with the air-cooled light I can hold the back side of my hand directly under the light, it only gets 80f in a 5x5ft tent after 12hrs on. I expect to actually need the ac during the warmer summer months, but definitely not during the winter.

Thank you very much. I have the same A/C unit as you do. I was told that the unit would eventually turn it self completely off once the desired temps and or rh were reached. Once I actually got the unit (Ebay) I discovered the opposite was true. I am not sure if that will end up mattering much as I still haven't used it other than turning it on and testing it out. I do like how you have your equip. set up and really enjoy checking out your thread. I hope you'll subscribe to my journal as well it will be up this time next month.
Thanks again Bunches.

The ac doesn't act like I think it should. If I set to cool to 88f and it's only 80f... the fan runs.

The odor filter on the floor with the fan and muffler are 4".

6" is overkill with a 5x5ft tent.

Wow your ladies sure are looking grand. I also thought the samme when I tested mine. I called the tech.'s and they confirmed that the A/C's fan NEVER shuts completely off even in econ. I was told at first that it would be like my bedrooms window unit that when in econ. mode will completely shut off. So at first I was worried about it removing too much RH, but in flower I wont have that problem.
Have a good one Bunches and get ready to see some awesome flowers soon.

Back
Top Bottom