180W LED - DWC & Scrog - Raspberry Cough

choman

Hello everyone! I am a new member here and fairly new to the grow scene. This Journal will be documentation of my 5th plant. During my first three grows I experimented with growing in soil with CLFs and was very pleased with the quality of the product but the yield was far from superb.

In an effort to increase yield (I have very limited space) I have switched to using a 5gal DWC hydroponic bucket and purchased two Diamond Series 100w LED lights. I had hoped these changes would make the difference I was looking for but I am still running into many unidentified problems with my setup. My main goal here is to build on my mistakes and learn more from the community so that my future grows thrive.

For this grow Ive germinated 1 Raspberry Cough seed purchased from NivanaShop. It just sprouted today and I will be starting it under two 23w CFLs and one 24w TaoTronics LED that I got off amazon. Here is an image of the new baby.

0081668.JPG

My flowering room contains a Scrog that is 3x3.5 feet and takes up just about all the space I have. It stands about 20" from the top of the 5gal hydro bucket. There are two Diamond Series 100w LED evenly spaced apart. The daytime temperatures (thanks to a heat lamp) stay around 75-80 and can dip to 65-70 overnight (It's winter currently). There are usually two fans constantly circulating the air in the room and providing a breeze for the plant.

Lower Nugs (25-28" from light)
0012690.JPG

Top Nugs (20-21" from light)
0022608.JPG

0042347.JPG

0032508.JPG

Most top nugs where likely burnt in week 2 or 3 of flower due to fast stretch and little vertical space. They got about 17-18" from the light at times.
0061958.JPG

These are pictures of my previous plant that currently resides in my flowering room. It is also Raspberry Cough but is approaching week 8 of flower. The plant was very vibrant and strong during vegetative growth but seemed to start displaying many signs of problems during transition into flower. This strain stretched way more than expected (2 feet) which kind of negated the effect of the scrog. I read that pruning can slow the growth of particular branches so I pruned many leaves in early flower. The plant almost immediately showed signs of nitrogen toxicity in many of the top leaves and this continued for some time even after completely depriving the plant of nitrogen for a week. I've been using General Hydroponics nutrient trio and will continue to use these nutrients as I move into my next grow. Also, the buds on this plant didn't seem to start developing until week 5 of flower and are still not getting very big at all. Hopefully well documenting this next round will help me catch these problems and prevent them before they start happening.

re: 180W LED - DWC & Scrog - Raspberry Cough

Hey. Welcome to :420:
I think your growing are going so interesting. Happy growing and Happy New Year!

So today I've lowered the two 23w CFLs to 4" away from the seedling. I'm really trying to keep this plant as short as possible because I know how much this strain can stretch. The TT-GL22 24w LED is still 20" away and I will be gradually lowering the light over the next few days so I do not shock the plant. This is my first time using this led so I'm being cautious.

0012691.JPG
0022609.JPG

This is my first raspberry cough plant that is about to enter week 8 of flower. This strain is supposed to flower in 9-11 weeks so I don't know if I should continue feeding with flowering nutrients (Flora Bloom and Flora Micro) or start flushing. Many of the leaves began to turn yellow in the last few days so I'm thinking I might want to flush. Any other opinions or advice on this subject would be much appreciated.

0032509.JPG

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom