1G/W - Aero 171 Plant SOG Under 600W w/Mover - Kandy Kush

Do you think I will make it over 1g/W

• Yes

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • No

Votes: 10 41.7%

• Total voters
re: 1G/W - Aero 171 Plant SOG Under 600W w/Mover - Kandy Kush

Funny why would someone tell you to run your c02 with the lights off or 24/7? Totally ass backwards. Glad you know your stuff. Lol

I want to try a trick to keep the CO2 generated during the night cycle by turning the exhaust fan off and on with the light (after 30 min delay).
The hope is that night CO2 is going to pool up in the tent, so when the light turns on - there is plenty of CO2 to go around for next 30 min or so.

Update

Replaced hooded 600W with open wing 1000W - the average temps went up by 7F

SS14.JPG

SS101.JPG

SS111.JPG

SS15.JPG

SS26.JPG

SS33.JPG

SS43.JPG

SS51.JPG

SS61.JPG

SS71.JPG

SS81.JPG

SS9.JPG

How soon should I harvest?
(see red arrows) Is this the amber color all of you are talking about?

a235.JPG

a166.JPG

a325.JPG

a421.JPG

a519.JPG

a616.JPG

a813.JPG

Thanks for looking!
I am going to make a thread on microscopes and trichs - I can't tell an opaque trichome from a clear one. And I never saw any amber trichs and don't know what to count here

i had a hard time seeing the amber as well. Those are not ready yet. keep a eye on it you will know when you see it. all milky trichs then you will see a few amber ones. good luck. nice grow,very cool.

Yeah, silencer does work, although, I wish I had two...
I just found out yesterday, that there are fans enclosed inside a sound-dampening cylinder from both sides. You can pretty much make a silencer if you have some plastic foam shit laying around. It is AMAZING how the sound gets dampened - you can see the blades rotating, but there is no sound - pretty freaky, right?

2) The temps are 77 for high and 66 for low

Yeah, silencer does work, although, I wish I had two...
I just found out yesterday, that there are fans enclosed inside a sound-dampening cylinder from both sides. You can pretty much make a silencer if you have some plastic foam shit laying around. It is AMAZING how the sound gets dampened - you can see the blades rotating, but there is no sound - pretty freaky, right?

2) The temps are 77 for high and 66 for low

Thanks. I think I'm going to buy a silencer myself. I'm not really a "do it yourself guy" so I'll just fork out the cash to make it plain and simple because my 592 cfm fan is loud.

Hey Android

I know I read your journal before because I remember the bright yellow res, but for some reason it wasn't showing on subscription list.

I want to comment on a couple things you are asking about. First, why is your nute soup going clear? I think it's the UV light you're using. That's a pretty uncommon technique AFAIK. Here is why I think it might be the problem... Ever read those nute bottles? Mine all say store in a cool DARK location. I think the UV light is bleaching out any color. Is it affecting the nutrients themselves? Who knows, but that's my theory as to why it goes clear. If you think about it, when setting up a grow room, most growers take great care to ensure no light shines on their nutrient solution. Isn't the UV light sort of defeating that goal? :winkyface:

Second, you asked why this crop isn't a jungle like your previous crop. I didn't see your prior grow, but did you defoliate those as well? Defoliation will reduce the stretch as the plant puts more energy into replacing lost solar collection area instead of increasing internodal length. If you defoled the previous crop, then I'll have to reconsider that theory. :)

It sucks you've been having so much trouble, but that happens with a new DIY hydro system, right? :winkyface:

That res is too warm IMHO. I try to keep my res at 64F. I know your other grow was fine, but you may have just been lucky. I can't recall what, if anything, you're adding to your res to combat pyth or other unwelcome organisms. You're not using organic nutes. Have you considered something like H2O2, DM Zone, and/or Hygrozyme (or one of it's competitors)? I briefly tried a beneficial tea in my Ebb & Gro, but I went back to sterile after the third res change with the tea. I doubt I'll ever try that again. Sterile hydro is the way to go!

To make all the clones you need, you just need a couple large mothers. I used to take clones from plants about to be flowered too. It works, but timing is tricky. I did this back in the 90's. I knew several other growers in the area and we would trade clones all the time. If one of us was about to flower our trays, we took a bunch of clones even though they would be ready before we needed them. I would give mine to someone else that just harvested, or was about to, and when I was about to harvest, there was usually someone else that had clones as well. If you know other growers locally, that could be an option for you. I know NO other growers right now (actually my buddy that will be brokering my product germed some seeds last week haha), so I am currently on the hunt for mothers myself. It takes awhile to get the whole production line up and running, but it's worth it.

Anyway, sorry about the long post. Had to catch up on several pages of your journal. It was interesting to read all your trials and tribulations. You've had it rough this grow for sure! Judging by how you have responded though, I'm 100% sure you will get all the issues worked out and will see this system performing well. It may just take one more crop to dial everything in.

Keep em green :Namaste:

Thanks. I think I'm going to buy a silencer myself. I'm not really a "do it yourself guy" so I'll just fork out the cash to make it plain and simple because my 592 cfm fan is loud.

Do some research on that fan which is fitted inside the muffler - I think it had 10" blades and short silencers on both sides. Contrary to the misconception about fans and noise, the truth is that larger fan makes less noise moving same amount of air. Silencers cost ~80 each x2 = 160 + fan $80 = that's like $250-300 easy, and that's three things (!) you would have to connect together (mine didn't fit even with the fanciest clamps you can buy), and hang each one separately (they're heavy!) to spread the load on the beams (if you're in a tent). I would have never done that myself if I had a chance to start anew, but it's up to you what your are going to do. I would rather bought that three-in-one fan, even if it was $350. My guess is that it could be even cheaper than that. Lighter and smaller and easier to handle, and wouldn't look like International Space Station LOL

First, why is your nute soup going clear? I think it's the UV light you're using. That's a pretty uncommon technique AFAIK. Here is why I think it might be the problem... Ever read those nute bottles? Mine all say store in a cool DARK location. I think the UV light is bleaching out any color. Is it affecting the nutrients themselves? Who knows, but that's my theory as to why it goes clear. If you think about it, when setting up a grow room, most growers take great care to ensure no light shines on their nutrient solution. Isn't the UV light sort of defeating that goal? :winkyface:

Hmm that's an interesting theory. I wanted to make a couple of points.

I know for a fact that it is more complicated to keep a coral reef-type aquarium in shape at home than growing cannabis - and that's where UV sterilizers are pretty much a part of a standard water treatment setup. Never heard of anyone having any problems... and I did google that one!
I have pictures from previous grow proving that it does in fact works wonders to your water and, especially, to the plants.
Corey also doubts it has anything to do with the sterilizer. I asked him.
I think this is one of those fake problems we should keep ourselves from trying to solve - I consider this a distraction.

I love your thinking though.

Second, you asked why this crop isn't a jungle like your previous crop. I didn't see your prior grow, but did you defoliate those as well?

It's a MUST see!!! you will have no further questions once you see it - I had comments that people couldn't believe their eyes!

Defoliation will reduce the stretch as the plant puts more energy into replacing lost solar collection area instead of increasing internodal length. If you defoled the previous crop, then I'll have to reconsider that theory. :)

I let them grow out of control before I defoliated, but the light was surrounded by buds going to the ceiling in the end I had to literally cut out some room under the light every other day - shit was bat crazy! I probably trimmed about a garbage bagful of leaves and vines in a week's time.

It sucks you've been having so much trouble, but that happens with a new DIY hydro system, right? :winkyface:

No, that's what happens when your planning is lackluster - you get inconsistency.
Who knows how it turns up in the end. I am trying to think positive. I have a whole bouquet of "mental disorders" I have to deal with and growing and sharing it - it is the only thing that keeps me from rolling downhill every now and then. Now I have a business idea that sounds very promising, so I think I hit the bottom
But we'll wait and seed.

That res is too warm IMHO. I try to keep my res at 64F. I know your other grow was fine, but you may have just been lucky. I can't recall what, if anything, you're adding to your res to combat pyth or other unwelcome organisms. You're not using organic nutes. Have you considered something like H2O2, DM Zone, and/or Hygrozyme (or one of it's competitors)? I briefly tried a beneficial tea in my Ebb & Gro, but I went back to sterile after the third res change with the tea. I doubt I'll ever try that again. Sterile hydro is the way to go!

Kudos for being a true maverick and promoting the way of sterile hydro.
Well, the main reason behind the plants being midgets IMHO is because their roots got hit hard with pythium when I turned the UV off and tried to inoculate plugs with liquid mycorrhizae. The window of time was enough for pythium to take hold and shunted development of roots. I have pythoff now and I have H2O2, and used DM Zone on the test garage grow with success. But this is all just speculation, it might as well be that I made a wrong assumption about that. The next grow will show the true colors. There will be no experiments period. I need to conduct experiments in a true scientific way when I do -

To make all the clones you need, you just need a couple large mothers. I used to take clones from plants about to be flowered too. It works, but timing is tricky. I did this back in the 90's. I knew several other growers in the area and we would trade clones all the time. If one of us was about to flower our trays, we took a bunch of clones even though they would be ready before we needed them. I would give mine to someone else that just harvested, or was about to, and when I was about to harvest, there was usually someone else that had clones as well. If you know other growers locally, that could be an option for you. I know NO other growers right now (actually my buddy that will be brokering my product germed some seeds last week haha), so I am currently on the hunt for mothers myself. It takes awhile to get the whole production line up and running, but it's worth it.

Yeah, I live at a snail's pace - it took me two years to get here
Anyway, sorry about the long post. Had to catch up on several pages of your journal. It was interesting to read all your trials and tribulations. You've had it rough this grow for sure! Judging by how you have responded though, I'm 100% sure you will get all the issues worked out and will see this system performing well.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks for taking your time and the feedback, I appreciate that
I am sampling the early fruits already, my friend. I will let them grow until they snap I guess - people I know deal with a lot of stress and need a strong stinky indica for that purpose.
PLUR

I will first put the pics up and then fill in comments

Compare trichome size with the size of 110 mesh under 200x scope

mesh.JPG

tiny balls of hash on a razorblade

kif3.JPG

Kief x50 magnification:

kif2.JPG

Same @ x200:

kif11.JPG

Fresh bud:

fresh9.JPG

fresh8.JPG

fresh6.JPG

fresh7.JPG

fresh5.JPG

fresh4.JPG

fresh3.JPG

fresh2.JPG

fresh12.JPG

fresh11.JPG

fresh10.JPG

ffreh.JPG

Shhhh- they're sleeping

f98.JPG

f89.JPG

f710.JPG
-

??

f612.JPG

f516.JPG

f418.JPG

f319.JPG

f225.JPG

f1211.JPG

f1111.JPG

f105.JPG

f132.JPG

This was cured:

curef1.JPG

cured21.JPG

cured11.JPG

cosmic_girl.JPG

Bud with kief topping in a glass pipe:

bow1.JPG

a813.JPG

a714.JPG

PLEASE! NO QUOTING!!!

It's a MUST see!!! you will have no further questions once you see it - I had comments that people couldn't believe their eyes!

Thanks for taking your time and the feedback, I appreciate that
I am sampling the early fruits already, my friend. I will let them grow until they snap I guess - people I know deal with a lot of stress and need a strong stinky indica for that purpose.

I quoted, but removed the pics :winkyface:

Which is the other journal so I can look? I looked for your started threads, and you have too many for me to determine which one I should look at.

I wish I had some of MY fruits to sample right now. I'm guessing I have 5-6 more weeks, but all new strains, so who knows. I'll have to buy one more sack to get me through until harvest time. I also have the 9 males I'll be making into edibles, so that will help fill that gap as well.

As I said before, I think you're attitude alone is gonna ensure your success. While all these problems are stressful, you seem to accept that it is what it is and you just do what you gotta do. :bravo:

I quoted, but removed the pics :winkyface:

Which is the other journal so I can look? I looked for your started threads, and you have too many for me to determine which one I should look at.

I wish I had some of MY fruits to sample right now. I'm guessing I have 5-6 more weeks, but all new strains, so who knows. I'll have to buy one more sack to get me through until harvest time. I also have the 9 males I'll be making into edibles, so that will help fill that gap as well.

As I said before, I think you're attitude alone is gonna ensure your success. While all these problems are stressful, you seem to accept that it is what it is and you just do what you gotta do. :bravo:

Thanks. I put the link back to my signature,
I am in career crossroads right now, and have a hard time judging myself in regards if I am good at something or not.. that's why I am asking your advise - what word describes this character trait? And which job would this kind of trait be useful - something that would pay the bills?

Have fun with that Jungle link!

I am in career crossroads right now, and have a hard time judging myself in regards if I am good at something or not.. that's why I am asking your advise - what word describes this character trait? And which job would this kind of trait be useful - something that would pay the bills?

hmmmm... that sounds like it might be a self esteem issue. Perhaps it would be better to focus on what things you enjoy and then try to monetize those activities. Trying to choose a career path based on what you're good at seems like a difficult exercise. In general, we are good at things we enjoy doing, and vice versa. Of course we all posses natural talents or gifts that make us better at certain tasks, but we also tend to get more enjoyment from things that come naturally to us. The point I'm trying to make is there is a relationship between skill or proficiency and enjoyment. That does not mean that we cannot be good at something we don't enjoy. We certainly can, but I would advise against choosing one of these activities as a career path. Even if the profession is extremely lucrative, your life will never feel fulfilled if you don't enjoy what you spend most of your time doing. Now that I started growing again, I am remembering how much I enjoy it. I'm not trying to say you should make growing your career. In fact, I don't recommend it for most people. I'm providing an example of what I think is going to work for me. I've been in the IT field for most of my professional life. I'm good at it and my skills and talents have been recognized by my colleagues. For the most part, I enjoy the work, but it no longer satisfies the lifestyle I desire. I prefer to live in rural communities, so this severely limits the IT job opportunities. I'm also tired of working for others. As a grower, I get to be my own boss, and that's the main lifestyle element I'm after. The reality is, we all need money to get by, but I will suggest that we don't need as much as we think we do. I guess the short version of my advice would be this. Find your passion and focus on that. Everything else will take care of itself. Imagine what you want your life to be like. This vision will include whatever details are important to you. Don't waste time thinking about the "what ifs". Just try to make that vision of your ideal life as clear as possible. If you always keep that in mind, you will find that all the other parts of your life will fall into place to make your vision come to fruition.

OK sorry to ramble on, but you're at a difficult crossroads. Hopefully you will find this at least a little bit helpful. I know a lot of that gets pretty idealistic, but don't stress about making any bad decisions. There is no good or bad. It all just is. Whatever happens, even if you later look back and realize you were on the wrong 'path' for awhile, happens for a reason. We are all where we are now because of where we came from. Life is a journey, not a destination. Instead of trying to write the last chapter first, just start reading the book! :Namaste:

I did read the whole book
I hired the best career coach in the state hoping to achieve coming to the last chapter. And I did, here I am - I need conduct informational interviews of some people, but it never came to fruition. How I have come to understanding there will be no way to get a money-related job after personal bankruptcy - I have to retrain myself or open a business. Right now I have some good ideas worth exploring, but first I need to get myself in order.

Of course you will be good at what you like. The problem is that unless you genuinely like actuarial part of accounting, your chances are limited. If you are like most people and like the same stuff - so nobody would ever pay you much for gaming (game testers get 9$/hr) because of the ready supply of experts in gaming. Expertise in accrual accounting, however, could become a 6 figure career in 3-5 years...
See where I am going?

I should open an accounting firm and get the best talent on board (before they retire) by offering laid-back office atmosphere focused on being entertained and working at the same time (or in between). Not like getting lapdances on a job, but whatever necessary to make accounting not boring, All I need is to find a niche to fill - what kind of accounting should I provide

Accounting can be an exciting job

I did read the whole book
I hired the best career coach in the state hoping to achieve coming to the last chapter. And I did, here I am - I need conduct informational interviews of some people, but it never came to fruition. How I have come to understanding there will be no way to get a money-related job after personal bankruptcy - I have to retrain myself or open a business. Right now I have some good ideas worth exploring, but first I need to get myself in order.

Of course you will be good at what you like. The problem is that unless you genuinely like actuarial part of accounting, your chances are limited. If you are like most people and like the same stuff - so nobody would ever pay you much for gaming (game testers get 9$/hr) because of the ready supply of experts in gaming. Expertise in accrual accounting, however, could become a 6 figure career in 3-5 years...
See where I am going?

I absolutely get where you're going. I was sort of touching on that.

I started writing something longer, but I realized I can sum up my position in one sentence. I've come to the decision that no amount of money is worth wasting my life doing something I hate. I guess the only way to come to this realization is first to understand that you don't need money to be happy. :)

I know right?
I doubt I will go over 500 anyways. The whole grow got shunted right before flowering, and never recovered. And then I burned the plants with high nute solution by following the guide. Corey said he has to revise it down by 25% in some places. I don't think they will pack more weight than they are now. I read somewhere that if the pistils "retract" - buds stop developing, and this has already taken place like 2 weeks ago...\

9303.JPG

8398.JPG

7505.JPG

6579.JPG

5677.JPG

4876.JPG

21356.JPG

31219.JPG

11774.JPG

10282.JPG

Back
Top Bottom