Do you think I will make it over 1g/W

• Yes

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • No

Votes: 10 41.7%

• Total voters
re: 1G/W - Aero 171 Plant SOG Under 600W w/Mover - Kandy Kush

I went 12/12 a couple of days back

Naa, there is still a problem with uniformity, but I hope that trellis netting will serve as an equalizer...
Because I can easily envision how some slower-developing specimens won't have a chance when they will be forced to compete for light with their huge neighbors that have 8 stems going and a root system 3x bigger... they might end up outcrowded.

So what I plan on doing is this:
have 2 harvests instead of one - two or three weeks apart. The fist harvest will consist of slow-growers - weaker plants, which I am going to leave with just one cola and chop off the rest - this way they will not take a lot of light footprint away from other plants, surely ripen earlier than his huge multi-stem neighbor, and could free up the room by giving way to more vigorous plants, which will take some time to ripen all the colas, but would be well worth the wait

So I will try to pull off a stunt that I can shortly describe as - half-SOG/half-SCROG setup - with smaller single cola plants ready ~ 7 weeks in the bloom (SOG), and the rest would be harvested ~9 weeks in to let them fully develop all the bud sites

Okay - more pics:

A question: I have exactly 4ft between the ground level and the light - what is the rule of thumb to determine at what height I should secure the trellis netting?

8380.JPG

7487.JPG

6559.JPG

I trimmed the top leaves in order for them to stop casting shadows on its own nodes:

5659.JPG

4847.JPG

31184.JPG

21321.JPG

12263.JPG

11738.JPG

One more: If I see that the new growth is bright green - usually this means they are out of nutes... But I added the nutes yesterday! And I am having 1500ppm reading... how come??

How can feds claim this is not one plant I am growing? They are genetically identical? so it is REALLY one plant!!! Just many branches of one plant

This is from the glass of the light hood:

9285.JPG

I am seriously considering an open reflector on yo-yos. But on the other hand - light does not escape anywhere, so it shouldn't matter much how it gets on the leaves as long as it gets there...

What's your reading prior to checking the ppm's ?

It was over 2000 initially, but I don't pay attention to initial readings, since they are temporary due to insufficient amount of RODI water on -hand. Once the water fills the res all the way up - it gets to about 1600ppm. This proved to be OK readings for aero setup since roots aren't exposed to nutes 80% of the time. I did not see any curling of leaves. Ph climbs. but then they also drink a lot of water, once diluted with fresh RODI water, it usually stabilizes back to normal in a couple of hours,

The first batch on a smaller setup (see sig) usually drank half of the nutes and half of the water 3 days after the water change. So what I normally do - I add a half of the amount to bring it back to 1300 or so. I did not use kelp seaweed earlier, so my ppm readings were much lower than now- 1300 ppm (after ~2hr). Now I mix the similar meals, but I get higher ppm readings. Plants seem to like it and develop like crazy without any signs of deficiency - so it must be a good thing, right?

Yeah, please advise on trellis netting height - I am going 1/2 of the distance to the light, but this is just a guess... I am guessing it would heavily depend on for how long the plants are going to stretch after the flip.

Almost finished trimming shade-casting leaves, useless nodes and lower leaves and nodes - What's left should develop fully, and quicker.
I love my system for its versatility - you can see on the pic that I have the trelis raised up, and tubes pushed around so I could walk (OK, sometimes I have to crawl being 6'4"), prep viable nodes for the net, and remove the rest.

P.S I just found out I have family coming over at the end of February or early in March. Will I be able to harvest by then? Should I trim more? Please look at the pics and advise
PLUR

general view:

11741.JPG

trimmed youngins (look how many branches some specimens have!)

31186.JPG

untrimmed corner - jungle gym:
you can see here how much of vegetation I remove if you compare this pic to the previous one.

Trimming forms cannabis plants just like life challenges form man's character
Android

4849.JPG

I apologize for my bad mouse-writing LOL

Does this remind you of this Jewish candle holder - have no idea how it is called - or is it just me?
I can't remember the word, but you know what I'm talking about, right?

21324.JPG

///
but seriously: Happy New Years everyone! Stay cool, safe, focused and high!

P.S. Any of you guys seen AP runs this Sunday against Green Bay?
That was like: whoaw
Skol Vikings!!!!
Good luck to them for the rematch this week. Throwing the ball just doesn't work well in subzero temperatures of the Lambo Field, but the run game (AP) should do the trick for the Vikes no prob. I hope they get to train outside this week to prepare for the cold: it is -8F right now in Minnesota!!

And yes, that helps with temperatures a lot! I have no AC and no chiller, and yet have 74F inside the tent with the light on, while the res water is stable at 75F (that is with one pump inside running 24/7 and the always-on sterilizer at 35 W

By the way, is it safe to watch UV light up-close? I could almost smell the air burning and eyes hurting when I stared at it for a while.

One more thing I haven't figured out yet, is - why my ppm meter shows no changes hovering around 1500-1600 ppm, while the water becomes from very colored in the start to completely transparent in just 3 days.
During the previous grow (see sig), I had ppm drop pretty rapidly together with the color and transparancy changes
Ph stays stable (miraculously) within the recommended range

Did the second (and final) trimming today so I took some pics:
Enjoy.,

I decided to try to test the upper limit of ppm when used in aero.
So far plants have been doing well in 1600 ppm water
This week I decided against changing the water, but added 50% of everything I normally would. So ppm shot up to 1990. Let's wait and see if they can handle this

11746.JPG

4853.JPG

31190.JPG

21328.JPG

9287.JPG

8383.JPG

7489.JPG

6563.JPG

5661.JPG

4852.JPG

31189.JPG

21327.JPG