1OO!

Changes have been amazing for a grower since then. There was almost no info available on indoor growing, and the main option was a stealth grow in the country somewhere. Deer loved that! My first light was a parking lot 1000w HPS with the reflector cut in half and the ballast attached. Seeds were bag seeds. The best genetics I had were some seeds I bought home from Jamaica. Ah, the good old days SUCKED and don't let anyone tell you different!

Yeah lots have changed over the years. I have been growing almost that long but with lots of breaks in between. I don't know how many grows there have been but not near as many as you.

My first plants were grown with 4' Shop lights. Not much of it but it was good. I have to agree that the good old days lacked some of the luxuries of today. Equipment and seeds were a lot harder to get even if you knew what to look for. Info was even harder. You were lucky to find grow books let alone strain specific grow instructions.

Like you I found a way to muddle through LMAO.

Yeah lots have changed over the years. I have been growing almost that long but with lots of breaks in between. I don't know how many grows there have been but not near as many as you.

My first plants were grown with 4' Shop lights. Not much of it but it was good. I have to agree that the good old days lacked some of the luxuries of today. Equipment and seeds were a lot harder to get even if you knew what to look for. Info was even harder. You were lucky to find grow books let alone strain specific grow instructions.

Like you I found a way to muddle through LMAO.
The first book I bought didn't even mention a veg and flower stage.

I forget the name of the first book I read. I think it was "How to grow Sensimilla" I can't even find it anymore. Pretty sure you are right that it didn't mention veg and flower. It didn't cover indoor stuff so that is probably the main reason. Back then mostly what it taught you was what the males looked like and why you need to get rid of them. All the light was covered by mother nature.

Indoor growing was the real mystery for a long time. There was no info on what lights to use and why.

Back
Top Bottom