1st Grow - Blue Treacle Auto - 250W MH/HPS - Coco

I was informed with autos you shouldn't feed to early, i hear you should wait till the 2nd to 3rd week.
:grinjoint:

You could feed,, very lightly. The only risk with auto's is, if there is any over feeding the plant's will not have time to recover from it, and it will affect overall yield. It's trying to find the right balance of food and water, without over or under doing it :)

Thanks Mono, i think this being my first grow ill wait!
like you said i don't want to risk any stress from these little auto's.
:popcorn:

The terms "from seed" mean from day of germination or when the plants pops?
seems like a stupid question but i just want to be sure how old my plants really are...
damn i need a smoke.:trance:

Can anyone give any knowledge on EC levels, i have an EC meter but truly cant get my head around understanding it....

Hey hey,

Really nice little seedlings - I popped on about the same day as you, so I feel like a mother at a baby meet - mine are at about the same stage, and I was worried they were too small too, but it seems it is ok!

I am on day ten now, and will put some pics up in my grow journal later.

Cool, nice going, and lovely clean room and skills :)

The terms "from seed" mean from day of germination or when the plants pops?
seems like a stupid question but i just want to be sure how old my plants really are...
damn i need a smoke.:trance:

Totally up to you. I date my plants with a label when they are put into the soil. Others do it when they break ground :)

Can anyone give any knowledge on EC levels, i have an EC meter but truly cant get my head around understanding it....

I have no idea on this, have never checked EC lol

Thanks Cerdito! ill be sure to check your journal!
& thank you Mono! Being a complete noob to growing with so much info to take in and soak up my brain is doing backflips!
Now just have to try and get to grips with feeding, how often, if i put a, b and zyme all in the same litre..
I can't wait to get the first few grows under my belt...

Thanks Cerdito! ill be sure to check your journal!
& thank you Mono! Being a complete noob to growing with so much info to take in and soak up my brain is doing backflips!
Now just have to try and get to grips with feeding, how often, if i put a, b and zyme all in the same litre..
I can't wait to get the first few grows under my belt...

You will get there, once you master the basics everything else will seem to fall into place. For feeding, if you follow the manufacturers recommended mixing guidelines to make up the feed. Then feed it to the plants at 1/4 strength and work up to the plants needs.

Morning Berri ! :)

The term "from seed" literally means from seed ...

I always date and age my ladies day 1 from seed to harvest ...

Some people start day one as soon as the plants pop through the soil ...

And some start day one as day one of veg probably 1-2 weeks after germination ...

If you want to date and age your Autos I'd do it from seed like me :)

Since Autos have no vegetative period they pretty much flower from seed !

About EC levels ... I have no idea, sorry I can't help you there my friend !

And I agree with Mono ...

Start off at 1/4 or 1/2 strength doses and gradually work up to full doses in the space of about 2-3 weeks ...

So 4-5 weeks in you should be at full strength feeds with beautiful and very hungry ladies ! :)

Hey hey,

Really nice little seedlings - I popped on about the same day as you, so I feel like a mother at a baby meet - mine are at about the same stage, and I was worried they were too small too, but it seems it is ok!

I am on day ten now, and will put some pics up in my grow journal later.

Cool, nice going, and lovely clean room and skills :)

Hi Cerdito :)

If you get some free time have a look at my thread ...

I'm 28 days into my Auto grow from seed ;)

You might find some useful info on there seeing as so many people are there to help :)

Hi Berri :ciao:

I have the same atami box!!! :high-five:

The advice on not feeding seedlings is a soil thang.

You have no nutrients in your coco/perlite.

You have to treat that like hydro and feed even when they are young.

Be careful, 1/4 dose sounds good. Autos are sensitive, but they do need nutrients.

Do not go a day without watering and never give them only water.

This is from Coco Mania by fatty:

1.never use plain water unless your flushing for harvest even if your flushing salt build up,

flush with your desired ph and ec until the runoff is the same as what your putting in .

2.ph 5.8 if you go even a bit over 6 you will get a calcium def a few weeks into flowering .

3.never let the coco dry, water at least once a day with 10 to 20 % runoff or you will get salt build up.

WOW! Really? if thats the case i need to stat feeding now??
Then I've been doing it all wrong....
All I've been giving them is water, half a litre a day.
All the info I've read about feeding autos states not to feed early, start in the 2-3 week?
You would recommend feeding the a, b and zyme all at quarter dose? weekly?
Or your saying i need to feed everyday?!
Slightly confused.:hmmmm:

All the info I've read about feeding autos states not to feed early, start in the 2-3 week?

Start feeding, at 1/4 strength. Mixing to what the manufacturer recommends, and dilute down. So if it say's per litre, mix it to 4 litres :). Everything is different depending on the medium, since you are using coco, most of the rules associated with soil go out of the window.

Ricorico is bang on :)

I would like to see a new photo :)

Most people grow in soil. There are nutrients in soil to feed a plant for a few weeks.

Your Coco has enough for 1 week. Depending on how much perlite you added,

your mix contains less than is needed for a week.

From Atami:

Your coco contains sufficient nutrition for the 1st week of the growing cycle,

afterwards you can add water with liquid fertilizers and stimulators for optimal results.

They are small, so they will not need much, but some.

I agree with Mono :)

Start feeding, at 1/4 strength. Mixing to what the manufacturer recommends, and dilute down. So if it say's per litre, mix it to 4 litres :). Everything is different depending on the medium, since you are using coco, most of the rules associated with soil go out of the window.

Back
Top Bottom