1st Grow - COTC Cash Crop - Auto Fem

Wow GI, just checked your pics on instagram the main stem on that thing is huge and very healthy looking. Gotta say im a little jealous man. I hope mine come up that pretty.

Thanks bro, yea the stems get nice and thick pretty soon. as for the curling your experiencing, could be just the heat, i had a random fan leaf curl all crazy, but i left it alone nd it fixed itself, i keep 2 temp/rh monitors in the tent, one right on top of the soil, and one above the lights. Yours will be just as pretty, with good soil, you dont have do crap but water and watch her grow until flowering.
(Added note: i think i see her first pistil, unless im bugging and seeing shit. A pic wont work to show the pistil cause my cam sucks lol)
Here is the link to my journal if you want more info on my grow

GIbuds - Soil - COTC Cash Crop - 1st Grow - 2015

Day 14 and even though I ordered more beans yesterday (sweet cheese autos) I've decided to go with just this one plant for my first time. On the next grow if this one turns out ill have my tent and 10 blue cheese and ten sweet cheese autos and a few freebies thrown in. Anyway, im pretty sure she has switched her energy into side branches which have been growing really quickly. Im still waiting on thst upward growth spurt I've read about. Believe it or not the little thing is already starting to produce an odor. Its faint but its there. I gave her a 1/4 strength feeding of grow big and she seemed to like it. I have big bloom and tiger bloom for flowering. When does everyone start giving unsulphered blackstrap molasses?

20150531_102346.jpg
20150531_102810.jpg
20150531_102904.jpg

Ive only used one thing other than ph'd water and that was a quarter dose of Big Bloom by Fox Farms. I wrote in the above post that I used grow big but I actually decided against it because Big Bloom is completely organic and grow big isn't. I have calmag if you think it should be added every water. And Ive read the benefits of molasses are not to be ignored. That seems like a lot to throw at this little plant but that's why im here. Help me out. Should i be adding all three by now or just going with one or two of these options and I threw in extra castings when I mixed my soil so would a casting tea with molasses be overkill? Should i just add the molasses via watering? As always thanks for the advice.

Ok, here's the deal, I'm on my first grow so I'm not tempting fate by adding too much molasses, I only have used molasses to make tea. The thing about casting tea and how it's different then just adding casting to your soil is that with the addition of molasses, brewing castings gives off beneficial microbes found naturally in castings. The left over molasses in the water then feeds the microbes in your soil and gives your plant some micro nutrients, b vitamins and so on.

Now as for nutrients go, I've added CalMag+ every watering, but the light feeding instructions on the bottle. The stuff I use is part of the Gen. Organics line and according to the instructions it says every watering you gotta feed. My soil is pretty rich so I haven't used anything else but teas and CalMag+. I also grow under LED so CalMag is a necessity for me.
Another thing with my nutes is that it includes molasses in it to feed microbes, so I would assume it won't hurt every watering.

Oh and if your using regular ph up and down, stop immediately! If you want an organic grow, you DO NOT, and I mean do NOT ph your water, the microbes and additives in your soil will buffer your ph. The synthetic up and down kills all microbes. I have yet to ph and not an issue here, I use de-chlorinated tap water.

Wow so I already screwed up. Ill stop ph'ing and just start buying spring water or see what happens with my well water. Ill also get a get a compost tea brewing and start giving calmag with every water. I hope at two weeks I haven't done permanent damage to my soil. Ive only ph'd it once. The first watering I hadn't picked up the ph up/down. That really bums me out man. Ive been trying really hard to get this right. I truly appreciate your help GI.

No your fine, the tea brew will replenish all the microbes, so don't worry bout it, anything that's a carbonate will keep your ph normal. My CalMag+ for instance is calcium carbonate and magnesium carbonate. If your soil has dolomite lime, that will also keep your ph stable. Some organic companies like Nectar of the gods swear you need to PH, but in soil all you need is PH up, and their PH up is liquid calcium carbonate.... Your doing fine so far dude, ain't no biggie, I'm glad I could help you out.

Man I was really hoping for a smooth first go but it appears that's not going to happen. Serrated edges still curling upward, moved light again and added another fan to blow slightly through the leaves. Temp at plants top is 74-75. Room temp about 76. RH is high because I just watered its at 65% right now but averages 59-55%. Now the small leaves on the quickly growing branches shooting out are yellowing slightly on the tips. Only two so far which is weird, I would have guessed it would affect the entire plant if it was a nut abundance or lack of nuts. There are so many things it could be im stumped.

Man I was really hoping for a smooth first go but it appears that's not going to happen. Serrated edges still curling upward, moved light again and added another fan to blow slightly through the leaves. Temp at plants top is 74-75. Room temp about 76. RH is high because I just watered its at 65% right now but averages 59-55%. Now the small leaves on the quickly growing branches shooting out are yellowing slightly on the tips. Only two so far which is weird, I would have guessed it would affect the entire plant if it was a nut abundance or lack of nuts. There are so many things it could be im stumped.

20150602_140122.jpg

Ok here's the deal, I was looking at your base info, and did you add 40% perlite to your mix? I'm no expert, but if you did, the 40% perlite plus the perlite already in the soil is probably a no no. You may have an abundance of perlite and not enough soil for the roots to feed off. That in turn can lead to under watering, ph will be off, and possibly other issues....

I went and studied my soil man and did my best to look back and think on how I mixed and in all seriousness I think I have a mix 60-65% soil 25-30%perlite and the extra castings. Ive seen people use way more perlite than I am. This soil holds water almost too well. Ive only been watering every 3-5 days. Actually have a fan on just the bucket to help it dry to avoid mold. I just hope whatever it is doesnt go any further.

Day 18 and I think its going well. She is definitely growing but still pretty short. The space between nodes is very small ans shes branching at every node so its really crowded in there. Anyway, here she is.
1433515486717.jpg
1433515456336.jpg

I knew you just an overworried new grower, shes looking amazing... I cant blame you tho, every little thing I notice, I run to google to make sure im not messing anything up lol, be on the look out, im about to my next update...

3 weeks old today. Shes growing like crazy and im pretty sure im seeing preflower at the top nodes. Just a quick update. Dont know if anyone can tell but about two days ago I pushed the fan leaves down and pulled the secondary stems up to the light. Also fed about a day ago gave Calmag and a low dose big bloom and seemed to really like it. Molasses are on the way, had to order them lol, My town is small but no molasses?? Really? Lol.
20150608_063855.jpg
20150608_064347.jpg
1433764488243.jpg
1433764745623.jpg

Shes looking really nice, around 3 weeks is when started to notice pre flowers too. About the tucking, get used to it. Everyday i go in and have to tuck fan leaves under bud sites. Mine started stretching around day 27, so you should notice a height increase soon. Keep it up bro

Hey all, shes 31 days old and about ten inches tall and growing an inch a day the past few days. Here's a few pics.

20150619_182014.jpg
20150619_182236.jpg
20150619_182622_0_.jpg

Yo she is one pudgy lil plant you got, but buy judging the pic, your lights are entirely too close to your plant. Your stunting her growth. I run led so my lights sat around 25in abive the plant, now i got her around 18-2in0 above the lights. At 31 days, my plant was around 16 or so inches. You need to raise the lights ever so often to primote growth. Remember that this strain grows as tall as 48in... keep that in mind.
Btw im at 45 days and shes 29in tall.

Back
Top Bottom