Scottyyy2345

420 Member
This is at 2x magnification.

Attachments

• 2020-01-25-080725.jpg
    2020-01-25-080725.jpg
    517 KB · Views: 91
Looks like fungus gnat larvae to me.

Take 1 part hydrogen peroxide to 4 parts of water. Feed the plants the solution. Check after a week and if you still see them, do it again. Continue to do weekly until you don't see the gnats any more.

If you start to see them flying around, put yellow fly paper up in various parts of the tent. Keep on the solution above weekly until they are gone.

I would wait for others to chime in, but I'm fairly certain thats what you have.

The thing is- fungus gnat larva don't have legs or antennae-they're like worms...
Those do look like thrip larva though.

Welcome to 420,Scotty! :welcome:

My reasoning is the are the same size and shape, so I'm assuming not any larvae. But springtails are beneficial, correct? They just eating dead root mass, etc.

Looks like fungus gnat larvae to me.

Take 1 part hydrogen peroxide to 4 parts of water. Feed the plants the solution. Check after a week and if you still see them, do it again. Continue to do weekly until you don't see the gnats any more.

If you start to see them flying around, put yellow fly paper up in various parts of the tent. Keep on the solution above weekly until they are gone.

I would wait for others to chime in, but I'm fairly certain thats what you have.
Doesnt that destroy the living soil as well? He's growing organic.

Doesnt that destroy the living soil as well? He's growing organic.

If its diluted, it shouldn't hurt anything. I've done it a bunch of times and haven't had any ill effects.

If its diluted, it shouldn't hurt anything. I've done it a bunch of times and haven't had any ill effects.
Okay, and were you growing organic as well? I've been told when you grow organic not to treat it with hydrogen peroxide because it kills the good bacteria as well, the ones that convert the food into nutrients for the plant.

Okay, and were you growing organic as well? I've been told when you grow organic not to treat it with hydrogen peroxide because it kills the good bacteria as well, the ones that convert the food into nutrients for the plant.

Sorry, Yes, I mostly grow in organic soil. Otherwise, its in Promix with earth worm castings and doc buds amendments, cooked for 45 days.

Google "will hydrogen peroxide kill organic plants". You'll get a ton of hits. I read a few pages of the results a while back. Have a read. There seems to be consistency in the theory.

Google "will hydrogen peroxide kill organic plants". You'll get a ton of hits. I read a few pages of the results a while back. Have a read. There seems to be consistency in the theory.
Yess i've read it, it wont kill the plants directly, but will kill the good bacterias that live in the soil, so its not recommended for organic growing. If you are growing in soil and using mineral nutrients, then you can use it without any problem.

Back
Top Bottom