1st Grow, Micro Grow Skunk#1 Fast, Seedsman

I clean up the bottoms on mine so they get better circulation.
So do I just do this a couple leaves at a time every other day? What is the norm? Especially right now. I dont see to much stress with a couple here and there but am I off on this part of the whole gig? Will it focus more energy to the buds or is the stress from losing leaves taking away from that energy. If I am not going to gain anything but a "better looking" plant, is it really worth it, final yield and quality?

Sorry. No notification or I missed it.
It will redirect energy to the leaves above. Some people remove in stages. I just go for it and remove the bottom 1/4-1/3.
Removing in stages would be the less stressful option. The plant should be in good condition before and pruning is done.

I usually keep the lowers cleaned up a little bit. Once you get a thick enough canopy with the scrog it will block enough light that the plant will eventually start pulling everything out of the lower leaves and kill them off on it's own. I only take fan leaves off if they block a budsite or prevent watering.

I usually keep the lowers cleaned up a little bit. Once you get a thick enough canopy with the scrog it will block enough light that the plant will eventually start pulling everything out of the lower leaves and kill them off on it's own. I only take fan leaves off if they block a budsite or prevent watering.
I was in the same frame of mind. In the mountains of research I found that this is another one of those .... ehhhh topics. Seems a lot of folks believe this puts more energy going to the bud sites. However, if they lose their energy and die anyway, transferring energy to the tops, why bother stressing the plant by cutting it...again just a learning curve I'm sure.

Skunk #1 Feminized Fast- Seedsman MicroGro Lol so tomorrow is the end of week 4 bloom. I'm hoping for 4 more weeks on this fast strain. I am not sure how far you are into this so let me tell you that my initial plan was to go on a 100 day perpetual grow cycle to keep me sustained. That is 4 weeks in veg. And the 7,8,9 weeks flower (7 according to Seedsman but Turbo and I discussed a fast bloom going to 9 weeks I do believe) anyhow, then dry and cure with bovida packs another 3 to 4 weeks to good smoke...by the end i will be smoking the best of it. I rounded it off to approx 100 days. So here i am looking at my plant and being very happy asked myself...I wonder what will happen from here on out. Are my calculations on the final weigh in going to meet my expectations? I mean....I have no clue as to where i even stand right now because of my total lack of experience in the grow aspect of this plant, period. Not to mention growing in MG and only being able to give baby doses of FloraNova Bloom without the skunk getting mad. It's all a mystery. But I am so happy to be taking steps to sustain myself with strains I enjoy and knowing just what has happened to it while I smoke it. I'm hoping for around 100 grams...but I'm mental and have no clue of such things lol. We will soon find out lol. Enjoy.

So it is the end of week 4 bloom. I am so happy about the progress the skunk has made. I am going to gloat for a moment........ok. I hav learned so much about myself and about some very good folks here. My NEXT grow is going to be the same 100 day from seed to smoke. My next journal will be noticeably different. My Grow medium will be a something new. Complete different way of thinking about things. My tent set up will be more organized and state of art. There is no room for clutter or scantily thrown together grow spaces. It wont take much time and I will be so much happier. But I still believe I have a good grow going
I love my skunk. I talk to it a lot read it bedtime stories and sometimes we go tip toeing through the daisies. Well, I do talk to her every morning...up and personal. Then we listen to 7horse and then just whatever suits my fancy. I peek in once in a while, even though there is no need. I took a couple of more pics today...the skunk likes to pose. Watering has changed a bit. I tried a regular dose of FloraNova a couple of weeks back and the skunk got mad at me and showed me some minor yellowing of some tips. So I went back to a 65ph straight water. Last water is snuck in a small dose of 1.5ml of FloraNova. She perked up a bit so I am going to keep with the smaller dose until she gets mad again. She doesnt get very mad though so I think I'll continue on that path. I have met and started following some very wonderful people and if you want you can yell......NOW.:passitleft::rollit::theband::yahoo::popcorn:

Thanks to all of you.

I try not to worry too much about schedules and just let the plants tell me when they are done. Which is almost impossible because I'm producing for others needs as well. Some stuff just finishes different I've had the two plants from the same strain finish two+weeks apart. Nature's crazy sometimes, just hang on and enjoy the ride, the scenery is great.

I try not to worry too much about schedules and just let the plants tell me when they are done. Which is almost impossible because I'm producing for others needs as well. Some stuff just finishes different I've had the two plants from the same strain finish two+weeks apart. Nature's crazy sometimes, just hang on and enjoy the ride, the scenery is great.
Yes I am enjoying what I'm seeing. But I really am trying to hone in on a rotating schedule so that I dont have to worry about having a lot just sitting around, yet enough to keep me going. So trying to visualize and get into that groove means trying to follow somewhat of a schedule, even when the plants decide to take a bit longer. I had this calculated (lol) and I'm very curious to see how close those calculations were. Again I was shooting for around 100 grams in a short grow. I really believe in pounders being an obtainable goal. Mine is 100 grams every 100 days. I am probably up a tree in the dark. I am excited to find out just how wrong I was lmao.:hmmmm::laugh::rollit:

Yes Skunk #1 is supposed to yeild 400 grams on whatever Seedsman thinks is a NORMAL grow lol that and the fast strain is how I based my initial calculations. Again...I'm like a fish outta water here. I'm thinking things look very good right now. There a lot I will change, that in my opinion will increase a 100 day yeild. So this first ever grow will certainly teach me a thing or two to carry onto my next grow. I have a Feminized White Widow who itching to pop lol.

Back
Top Bottom